DES Challenge.

Post by Michael F. Hogset » Mon, 16 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Ok folks, I think we need to help contribute to the DES Challenge.  Go
to http://www.des.sollentuna.se/ and check it out.

We are about 12% begind the win95 machines.

Lets get moving.

Michael F. Hogsett

1. DES challenge client - bad performance ...

Hi,

right now we take part on the DES Challenge coordinated effort (
http://www.des.sollentuna.se/ ) and we realized that the desclients
binaries for intel/alpha based plattforms have a much better
performance than the desclients for SPARC Solaris/SunOS4.x . Does
anybody know why ? Here many people start asking, why to buy
expensive UltraSparcs, when Pentium based PC's have much better
performance - even better than our Ultra's :-(((.

Any hints ???

Thanx,
Jens.
--
+---[ Jens Elkner ]------[ IRB, Otto-von-Guericke-Universitaet Magdeburg ]-+
| Am Uniplatz 5                                                            |

| 39106 Magdeburg   GERMANY       http://irb.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~elkner   |

2. Remote X Windows

3. DES challenge

4. kernel 2.4.15

5. Fwd: DES Challenge client/server implementation available now. (fwd)

6. Let init know user wants to shutdown

7. OFFTOPIC: DES Cracking Challenge and Linux

8. Digi Sync/570 -Supported?

9. Un editeur qui pond/lit des .DOC pour bouffer des parts de marché à Bill

10. DES and foreign unix computers

11. chuser - set DES encrypted passwd ?

12. DES encryption and losetup loop device

13. XDM and DES