If you don't like something

Post by Humble.Lif » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 07:01:30

contact the developer

If you don't like something

Post by rapska » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 07:05:26

Error log for Fri, 13 Jun 2003 06:01:30 +0100: segfault in module
Humble.Life - dump details are as follows...

Quote:> contact the developer

I tried, but Mr. Gates won't return my phone calls or emails.

--
This Public Service Announcement brought to you by: rapskat

If you don't like something

Post by cybea » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 07:05:49

> contact the developer

begin how.vbs

How do we contact the developer of OE about the begin bug?
How do we contact the developer of IE about the 18 unpatched security holes?

This is some stuff I do not like about MS software, so how do I contact the
actual developer. I know how with most OSS, but how with MS software?

end

If you don't like something

Post by Humble.Lif » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 07:14:55

Quote:> Humble.Life - dump details are as follows...

> > contact the developer

> I tried, but Mr. Gates won't return my phone calls or emails.

I've been having to write my work in Orrafice2000 due to the fact that my
collegues have to use that format.  They arn't PC techs by any-means and
unfortunately they *need* windoze.

I am always between a rock and a hard place.

I lost 3 days a week due to Orrafice and Windoze98!  And IE keeps crashing
independantly, most recently on the same message that a super-winvocate was
talking in!

So, frustrated due to this I email them.   Christ, round in circles or what.
Permanent cycle of dissemination. And then "Oh, you need to re-install every
6 months, its one of those things about computers".  At which point I left
the computer, fearing I may have got * to the hardware, forgetting its
the OS that I should shout at.

If you don't like something

Post by Humble.Lif » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 07:16:27

Quote:> begin how.vbs

> How do we contact the developer of OE about the begin bug?
> How do we contact the developer of IE about the 18 unpatched security
holes?

> This is some stuff I do not like about MS software, so how do I contact
the
> actual developer. I know how with most OSS, but how with MS software?

> end

I don't know.  You've mistaken me for someone who likes windows rather than
someone who *has* to use windows.

If you don't like something

Post by Sinister Midge » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 14:46:30

Quote:> contact the developer

Good idea!

Have you contacted the developer of your winmodem that's giving you
such fits yet?

--
Windows is not the answer. Windows is the question. The answer is NO!

If you don't like something

Post by Edwi » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 17:29:20

Quote:> > begin how.vbs

> > How do we contact the developer of OE about the begin bug?
> > How do we contact the developer of IE about the 18 unpatched security
> holes?

> > This is some stuff I do not like about MS software, so how do I contact
> the
> > actual developer. I know how with most OSS, but how with MS software?

> > end

> I don't know.  You've mistaken me for someone who likes windows rather
than
> someone who *has* to use windows.

Someone who likes Windows?    I don't think even Bill Gates *likes*
Windows...  we are talking about software, not those openings in buildings,
right?

Edwin

If you don't like something

Post by Humble.Lif » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 04:31:56

Quote:> Good idea!

> Have you contacted the developer of your winmodem that's giving you
> such fits yet?

Read the posts.

If you don't like something

Post by Sinister Midge » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 05:45:43

Quote:>> Good idea!

>> Have you contacted the developer of your winmodem that's giving you
>> such fits yet?

> Read the posts.

I don't follow everything here, and I didn't see it. Why else would I
ask?

--
If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows box crashed...
...Oh, wait a minute. He already does!

If you don't like something

Post by Humble.Lif » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 07:01:19

Quote:> > Read the posts.

> I don't follow everything here, and I didn't see it. Why else would I
> ask?

Shit, sorry dude, that sounded really rude.

I needed to have added "LOL" or something...

I'm really sorry.

1. Something else we don't need to worry about...

<http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/56/30751.html>

|Palyh (AKA Mankx), got a strong start of the weekend and is spreading
|rapidly, at least if our own in-boxes are anything to go by.
|
|The pest is an email and network attack worm that includes a downloaded
|Trojan horse component, according to a preliminary analysis of the virus
|by security outfit iDefense. After a computer is infected with the worm it
|attempts to create copies of itself in remotely shared startup locations
|on a network.
<SNIP>
|This behaviour means the virus is likely to be prolific. As usual Mac and
|Linux users are immune from infection.
|

|address is, of course, spoofed (a common enough trick among VXers).

yawn... yet another ms-windows virus...

--
COMPUTER POWER TO THE PEOPLE! DOWN WITH CYBERCRUD!

2. Help: can't find library 'libXt.so.6'

3. if you don't understand something in the documentation

4. Linux IPC's - Shared memory

5. I don't understand something...

6. Upgrading from 2.3.x to 2.4.x

7. something that i don't understand

8. X-Windows

9. Don't bother to post, was, Re: TEST:don't bother to read

10. how to upgrade a Linux distribution so PERL's DBI likes it?

11. Help-PC likes linux so much won't run DOS

12. KDM likes to resize user's images

13. Toys'R Us Likes NT Best