Info about InfoMagic needed1!!

Post by Bj|rn H Soll » Wed, 07 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I am going to buy a Linux CD-set in the near future, and I'm currently
considering to buy one from InfoMagic (Advertisment in this month's issue
of Dr. Dobbs).  Do anyone reading this have any experience with this
company?  I'm going to order via e-mail, but I'd like to know to hear
anyone's opinion on whether these people can be trusted before I do so.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Info about InfoMagic needed1!!

Post by Software Develope » Thu, 08 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I am going to buy a Linux CD-set in the near future, and I'm currently
>considering to buy one from InfoMagic (Advertisment in this month's issue
>of Dr. Dobbs).  Do anyone reading this have any experience with this
>company?  I'm going to order via e-mail, but I'd like to know to hear
>anyone's opinion on whether these people can be trusted before I do so.

>Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I've always gotten what I ordered from them...  So count me as a
satisfied customer...  :-)

"I speak only for myself,  Lee Heins

My Linux box is: Microsoft Free, Intel Free & IBM Free...

Post by Geoff Rothfu » Thu, 08 Jun 1995 04:00:00

: I am going to buy a Linux CD-set in the near future, and I'm currently
: considering to buy one from InfoMagic (Advertisment in this month's issue
: of Dr. Dobbs).  Do anyone reading this have any experience with this
: company?  I'm going to order via e-mail, but I'd like to know to hear
: anyone's opinion on whether these people can be trusted before I do so.

: Any help will be greatly appreciated!

  I wouldn't recommend that. The Linux CD's that InfoMagic currently offer
 have Slackware 2.2 on them. This has quite a few problems. Actuall, I've read
 that the newest Slackware 2.3 also has some. I'd suggest buying CD's
 that contain Slackware 2.2.0.1. Below is my list of recommended ones.

  Pacific HiTech Inc. - http://www.pht.com
  Yggdrasil - http://www.yggdrasil.com (But NOT thier "Plug-and-Play". Only
                their new "Linux Internet Archives")

 Hope this helps.

                                                        SKIP...

Post by Ben Da » Mon, 12 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>I am going to buy a Linux CD-set in the near future, and I'm currently
>considering to buy one from InfoMagic (Advertisment in this month's issue
>of Dr. Dobbs).  Do anyone reading this have any experience with this
>company?  I'm going to order via e-mail, but I'd like to know to hear
>anyone's opinion on whether these people can be trusted before I do so.

>Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Count me in as a happy customer.... I got the 4 CD set with slak 2.2 and
I LOVE it.  Get it.  Do it.
--
-------
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living;

1. Info about InfoMagic needed1!!

I am going to buy a Linux CD-set in the near future, and I'm currently
considering to buy one from InfoMagic (Advertisment in this month's issue
of Dr. Dobbs).  Do anyone reading this have any experience with this
company?  I'm going to order via e-mail, but I'd like to know to hear
anyone's opinion on whether these people can be trusted before I do so.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

2. remote xterm

3. Info on Infomagic cd's

4. Western Digital Paradise card

5. Infomagic Contact Info Needed

6. Unicenter security an Oxymoron

7. info: How2 generate /usr/info/dir automatially ?

8. nfs mount; linux server openbsd client

9. help -- need to get info about how to get info from object files.

10. BIOS drive info != Linux drive info

11. PCMCIA problem: Device info does not match JEDEC info!

12. info reads man page instead of info docs

13. Info required - PPP info & patches for SUN Solaris 2.4