Linux in 'The Score' with Robert de Niro & Marlon Brando

Linux in 'The Score' with Robert de Niro & Marlon Brando

Post by Eduard Hoenkam » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 07:18:29

A joke only us linuxers will get I take it:

In the recently released movie "The Score" Brando talks Robert de Niro
(playing an aging thief) into doing one last heist, but they need
access to a government computer and hence(?) to a skilled hacker. When
we enter the den where this hacker resides (only intermittenly bothered
by his caring mother) our beloved pinguin appears. Out of focus and in
the margin of the frame, yet easy to discern. Strangely enough, later
on the pinguin has vanished from the scene.
Anyone else noticed?
Yours, Eduard.

PS You can safely watch this movie; no Windows on the monitor that
would spoil your evening (looks more like unix in the eighties).

Post by LinuxBe » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:05:35

> A joke only us linuxers will get I take it:

> In the recently released movie "The Score" Brando talks Robert de Niro
> (playing an aging thief) into doing one last heist, but they need
> access to a government computer and hence(?) to a skilled hacker. When
> we enter the den where this hacker resides (only intermittenly bothered
> by his caring mother) our beloved pinguin appears. Out of focus and in
> the margin of the frame, yet easy to discern. Strangely enough, later
> on the pinguin has vanished from the scene.
> Anyone else noticed?
> Yours, Eduard.

> PS You can safely watch this movie; no Windows on the monitor that
> would spoil your evening (looks more like unix in the eighties).

I liked the movie more because it is the *ONLY* hollywood movie that ever
portrayed my hometown, Montreal, with some degree of accuracy, rather than
making it Anytown, USA, as so many movies shot here do.

It was a pretty good movie generally, and the penguin was a bonus, although the
image of the hacker it depicts is right out of 1985.

 --

LinuxBear

       ___
     {~._.~}