Linux Telephony

Post by Jeff Barnick » Sat, 17 May 2003 02:19:50

I'm building a voice mail and fax server running on Linux (Red Hat 8.0,
but that can be changed). Can anyone recommend a 4-port analog PCI card
that has data, voice and fax capabilities that will run well under
Linux?

Is it the same development as it would be for a voice modem?

Specifically, can you force Vgetty to recognize the card?  Do the voice
files use the same .rmd format?  Is there any open source code that's
been written for this?

Any help would be appreciated.  Please email me:

Thanks!

Linux Telephony

Post by Lee Wei Shu » Sat, 17 May 2003 05:01:37

> I'm building a voice mail and fax server running on Linux (Red Hat 8.0,
> but that can be changed). Can anyone recommend a 4-port analog PCI card
> that has data, voice and fax capabilities that will run well under
> Linux?

> Is it the same development as it would be for a voice modem?

> Specifically, can you force Vgetty to recognize the card?  Do the voice
> files use the same .rmd format?  Is there any open source code that's
> been written for this?

> Any help would be appreciated.  Please email me:

> Thanks!

This was found using a fist-pass algorithim (i.e. the url came out of my
head), you may be able to find better deals by googling.

http://www.linux-telephony.com/article.php?id=1&lang=en

Regards,
WS

--
Change to leews to mail. Linux user #61399
The beginning of the