FlatSmellyFish Crossposting Fsck.

Post by Jeff » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 06:02:15

Please everyone in here kill file this stupid fsck!!

FlatSmellyFish Crossposting Fsck.

Post by Sinister Midge » Wed, 26 Feb 2003 04:21:18

Quote:> Please everyone in here kill file this stupid fsck!!

Alredy have. And I get most or all of the nyms, too.

--
The three Rs of Microsoft support: Retry, Reboot, Reinstall.

1. fsck fsck fsck say I

[[[Ouch.  Sorry.  Ouch.  The first edition of this text lost the first
word of its Subject.  Fixed now]]]

I remember I first learned of `fsck -f -y /` after `umount /` in the
thread:

Newsgroups: comp.unix.shell
Subject: fsck fsck fsck say I
http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=2695edf1.0312021221.72f242a3%...

Speaking again now of fsck'ing on demand, eventually I also noticed,

My `man -k fsck` does not yet, but could/ should, point to:

--- http://www.google.com/search?q=linux+man+shutdown
--- http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man8/shutdown.8.html
-f
Skip fsck on reboot.
-F
Force fsck on reboot.
---

Pat LaVarre

2. AVM Fritz PCMCIA ISDN card on Mandrake Linux 9.2

3. David Hinds ,APA 1480 PCMCIA Support in kernel 2.4.4 Question?

4. fsck fsck say I

5. Command to list GIDs and their names?

6. help pls - fsck fail on boot; fixed, fsck still fails on boot

7. term+linux => multiple remote consoles?

8. Do not post/crosspost to alt.os linux anymore

9. Crossposting

10. Sybase may be ported to Linux (crossposting)

11. stop crossposting to alt.mindcontrol

12. crossposted! 3 systems on 1 box??