How to Tell

Post by Lin?nu » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 06:25:19

http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/howtotell/

**guffaw**

http://www.howtotell.com/ww/script/why.asp

**snicker**

http://www.howtotell.com/ww/script/end_user_report.asp

You dirty rat!!!

http://www.howtotell.com/ww/script/reseller_report.asp

Please describe in as much detail as you can why you feel this company
is illegally distributing Microsoft software.

http://www.howtotell.com/ww/script/internet_report.asp

Ought to post this one on alt.os.windows-xp.

--
Linux:  Less filling, works great!

How to Tell

Post by paul cook » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 15:41:55

> http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/howtotell/

> **guffaw**

> http://www.howtotell.com/ww/script/why.asp

> **snicker**

> http://www.howtotell.com/ww/script/end_user_report.asp

> You dirty rat!!!

> http://www.howtotell.com/ww/script/reseller_report.asp

> Please describe in as much detail as you can why you feel this company
> is illegally distributing Microsoft software.

> http://www.howtotell.com/ww/script/internet_report.asp

> Ought to post this one on alt.os.windows-xp.

do people get a "reward" when they make these reports???

How to Tell

Post by Peter Jense » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 23:24:44

> http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/howtotell/

Hmm ... It seems to require a mouse to press the Go button. Well, I'm
not about to get up and find one for *that* site. If a site can't be
viewed with links, it's probably not worth viewing (unless the site is
of the graphic kind).

Quote:> http://www.howtotell.com/ww/script/why.asp

This one shows up really weird ... Most of the text is compressed in the
center 20% of the screen. That's kinda annoying at 80x25 ... Too bad
framebuffer doesn't work on this junker of a terminal.

Quote:> http://www.howtotell.com/ww/script/end_user_report.asp

> You dirty rat!!!

Did you ever get a MLM spam (Hint: two were posted to this group
recently)? What do you think those addresses could be used for? ;-)

Quote:> http://www.howtotell.com/ww/script/internet_report.asp

> Ought to post this one on alt.os.windows-xp.

This should come in handy the next time someone fills up the main danish
binary newsgroup with warez. Not that I mind the warez, but they drown
out the rest of the group ...

--
PeKaJe

A fool's brain digests philosophy into folly, science into superstition, and
art into pedantry.  Hence University education.  -- G. B. Shaw

How to Tell

Post by Jim Tric » Sun, 23 Mar 2003 05:12:31

>> http://www.veryComputer.com/

>> **guffaw**

>> http://www.veryComputer.com/

>> **snicker**

>> http://www.veryComputer.com/

>> You dirty rat!!!

>> http://www.veryComputer.com/

>> Please describe in as much detail as you can why you feel this
>> company is illegally distributing Microsoft software.

>> http://www.veryComputer.com/

>> Ought to post this one on alt.os.windows-xp.

> do people get a "reward" when they make these reports???

Yes Paul they do.  You see, when Microsoft get a greater income from
selling a legitimate copy to replace each of these pirated copies, and
can therefore put proportionally less effort into stamping out piracy,
it frees resources that can be used for greater innovation.  Greater
innovation means better products for everyone.  Thus the world becomes
a better place in which to live.

Yours Sincerely
The Marketing Division of the Sirius *netics Corperation.

1. Please tell me- how can I tell what keeps killing my network connection?

I'm running Mandrake 7.2 on a 4-node LAN.

All of the windows boxes maintain a stable connection on this net.

All of the IPs are fixed (and masquaraded behind a firewall). I only
have 1 100MB network card as eth0. I'm using the tulip driver. I'm not
sure what kind of card it is. This is a 1Ghz Athalon with 512MB.

The symptoms are that after a network bounce, forwhatever reason, it
takes 4-5 days before the Mandrake box becomes a stable network node
again. It keeps dropping the connection, and I have to a

 /etc/init.d/network restart

which always works, and it stays up for 5-10 minutes then disconnects
again, then another restart and bingo its back up.

After 4-5 days of this, I guess something finally changes because it
suddenly becomes a stable node and no more restarts are required until
the next network bounce, which of course I dread!

Any suggestions as to where I can look?

Thanks,
Gx

2. Linux & X programming question

3. Telling what kind of machine yer on [was Re: how to tell if sparc2?]

4. SUN SPARC

5. Tell me when I'm fingered

6. LaTeX for Solaris x86

7. Could someone please tell me if this is this an attempted crack ?

8. Shared library corrupted Why???

9. How do you tell when 56K is stuffed?

10. Tell what process is running on port

11. can you tell me where is the official site of linux?

12. Tell us Why you use Windows over Linux.

13. Q:pls tell me what's wrong-->socket