LanTimes review of Caldera Linux

Post by Mendel Leo Coop » Thu, 25 Sep 1997 04:00:00

LanTimes reviews Caldera OpenLinux in its current, Sept. 15, issue in a
comparison against other commercial Unix servers.  While not giving
Caldera Linux a top rating, LanTimes takes it seriously as a credible
commercial grade server.

Quoted:
"The once-ridiculed notion that Linux, a publicly produced and supported
Unix variant, should ever find its way into corporate IS has suddenly
become very real. Caldera has turned a product that was freeware into a
commercially viable OS ... a solid, well-supported OS equipped with a
glut of useful applications and utilities--all of which were produced by
Linux enthusiasts."

Congrats, Caldera, for a fine marketing and PR job. Congrats,
LanTimes, for waking up and smelling the coffee.

--
"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity
and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity

1. ** READ the review of Caldera Linux

Check out the review of Caldera Linux at 32BitsOnline.

http://www.32bitsonline.com/

It is a good review and I am sure that you'll like it too.  Feedback is
extremely important and we hope that you send us your comments and
suggestions.  That's the only way we can continue to improve *your* magazine.

--
Ronny S.L. Ko
Editor, 32 Bits Online

2. Solaris 7 Systems Admin 1and 2 Practise Question

4. installing linux on COMPAQ

5. ** READ the review of Caldera Wabi

6. SNMP manager for Linux?

7. Another tough question...

8. advocacy: Caldera's OpenLinux Standard Reviewed

9. Lan Times review of Caldera OpenLinux

10. Caldera's OpenLinux 2.2 review

11. Caldera Preview Review

12. misc: Caldera's OpenLinux Standard reviewed