GPL and Copyright Holder/Programmer's Rights to Revoke

GPL and Copyright Holder/Programmer's Rights to Revoke

Post by `WarpKa » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 19:59:42

http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl-faq.html#HeardOtherLicense

http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl-faq.html#ReleaseUnderGPLAndNF

http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl-faq.html#DeveloperViolate

I think this about sums it up so we can put this POS debate to rest.

The GPL grants the copyright holder exclusive property rights
that allows him/her to redistribute the code under any other license he
wishes, even if it's the same unmodified code, it appears.

The copyright holder may not grant exclusiveness of the GPL'd code or program to
another party, however, which is fine.  The solution is to just change
the license.

The FAQ is apparently very clear on this issue.

The GPL does not restrict the copyright holder from providing seperate
copies of the code under different licenses.

GPL and Copyright Holder/Programmer's Rights to Revoke

Post by kd6oz » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 05:53:15

[something about GPL that's already public knowledge]

What's your point?

--
If you try to fail and succeed, what did you just do??

1. Gnu GPL problem: License copyrighted things under GPL???

The Right Thing is to see a lawyer.  If that's too expensive then I'd
say you're out of luck. :-(

Oh, and please don't post HTML to newsgroups.

--
 --------------===============<[ Ray Chason ]>===============--------------
         PGP public key at http://www.smart.net/~rchason/pubkey.asc

2. Session bombs after invoking X from scosh

3. Has anyone had copyright problems with code that's shipped under GPL?

4. getting the creation date of a file

5. autofs copyright by Transmeta 'all rights reserved' ??

6. kqueue

7. Copyrights & GPL

8. System crashes, beware

9. Copyright & GPL?

10. Using GPL'd Linux drivers with non-GPL, binary-only kernel

11. Novell's copyright issues are 'not important', says SCO ZDNET.co.uk

12. GPL project looking for 3D programmer