Bombing Microsoft (was Microsoft Pays Off Internet Sercice Providers!)

Post by Brett Ry » Sat, 28 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>> >If Microsoft's marketing department was bombed, Microsoft would
>> >(eventually) die. Then maybe someone else would get a chance and the
>> >public would see how bad M$'s software was.

>> This statement got me thinking.  What if someone developed strong enough
>> hatred toward Microsoft to try to systematicly destroy them?  I'm not
>> talking about fair business practices here either.  How about strategicly
>> bombing certain MS buildings?  My thought is if someone was crazy enough and
>> did not care about being put in jail, they could do a great deal of damage
>> to a company (possibly destroying it).

>> Just so no police show up at my door, I am not saying that this is a good
>> thing to do.  I merely think this is an interesting possibility.

>Just make sure you are doing it at night, when there are no
>people in their offices. We do want to destroy M$ as an entity,
>but we don't want people to suffer.

And you had better locate those off site backup copies of
their code base and burn em' too.  The thought of blowing
up M$ is an entertaining one.  But who would be loonie
enough to do a stupid thing like that?

*--------------------------<>-------------------------------*
"Destroy and Enjoy Kiddies" DrFegg.  Using OS/2
"Unum probate nullam ultram necessitatum habete." ILLCO, INC.
"Do you still see me even here?
The silver cord lies on the ground."  Jethro Tull 1973
*--------------------------<>-------------------------------*

Bombing Microsoft (was Microsoft Pays Off Internet Sercice Providers!)

Post by Brett Ry » Sat, 28 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>> >If Microsoft's marketing department was bombed, Microsoft would
>> >(eventually) die. Then maybe someone else would get a chance and the
>> >public would see how bad M$'s software was.

>> This statement got me thinking.  What if someone developed strong enough
>> hatred toward Microsoft to try to systematicly destroy them?  I'm not
>> talking about fair business practices here either.  How about strategicly
>> bombing certain MS buildings?  My thought is if someone was crazy enough and
>> did not care about being put in jail, they could do a great deal of damage
>> to a company (possibly destroying it).

>> Just so no police show up at my door, I am not saying that this is a good
>> thing to do.  I merely think this is an interesting possibility.

>Just make sure you are doing it at night, when there are no
>people in their offices. We do want to destroy M$ as an entity,
>but we don't want people to suffer.

And you had better locate those off site backup copies of
their code base and burn em' too.  The thought of blowing
up M$ is an entertaining one.  But who would be loonie
enough to do a stupid thing like that?

*--------------------------<>-------------------------------*
"Destroy and Enjoy Kiddies" DrFegg.  Using OS/2
"Unum probate nullam ultram necessitatum habete." ILLCO, INC.
"Do you still see me even here?
The silver cord lies on the ground."  Jethro Tull 1973
*--------------------------<>-------------------------------*

1. Microsoft Pays Off Internet Sercice Providers!

: :
: : IBM should just decide to kill OLE and be done with it.  This would force MS
: : into a massive effort to refocus for OpenDoc, giving everyone in the
: : computing field a chance to recover from the MS monopoly.
: :
: : If MS and the DOJ want a "free market economy," then neither should
: : shout when IBM uses their "stored economy" to squish the competition.

I think about 90% of current Internet savvy population harbors a deep hatred
for anything Micro$oft. (If you differ, please give me another percentage.)

Here is a suggestion. Simply do not do any business with any sites that
display IE (Internet Explorer) logo. I invite someone who has time on hand,
to compile a database of sites that display IE logo, so that we can develop
search engines that exclude those sites. We can extend this to ActiveX also.

This is definitely one of the ways to put power back into where it belongs -
the consumers - not the dirty tricks marketing machine of MS.

Sai.

2. SLS 1.03 and SMC Elite

3. Microsoft pays off AT&T

4. Bailing out when KDE locks

5. Windows NT vs. Solaris (was Re: Microsoft Pays Off...)

6. Checking a Webserver

7. Microsoft Firewall does not block Internet traffic -- MICROSOFT.COM

8. Solaris 8 ufs logging performance

9. Microsoft Licensing 6.0 Survey (Bad news for microsoft)

10. Conflict with Microsoft intelligent Mouse and Microsoft Natural Keyboard

11. Converting text files from Microsoft to Linux and Linux to Microsoft

12. Microsoft cares about its trademarks because they represent quality, says Microsoft.

13. Linux: a threat to Microsoft (was: Microsoft to make Windows-specific Java)