Microsoft discloses security flaws

Post by Rick » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 14:14:13

An interesting artice:

<http://salon.com/tech/wire/2002/06/27/ms_security/index.html>

--
Rick

Post by Matthew Gardine » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 14:25:02

> An interesting artice:

> <http://salon.com/tech/wire/2002/06/27/ms_security/index.html>

> --
> Rick

I'll say something in Microsoft's defence. At least Microsoft found the error, rather than what normally happened in the past. Some
person from who lives in the middle of no-where, little or no computer experience trips over a security bug. Now they have found the
bug, and posted a patch, is this the last we will hear of this particular issue? or will there be more? I'm not saying there
shouldn't be bugs found, however, what I am saying is that bugs of the same type, in the same application should not pop up again,
and again and again. Once fixed, that should be the end of the story.

Matthew Gardiner

Microsoft discloses security flaws

Post by mjt » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 16:37:40

1. (OT) Microsoft Discloses Software Flaw

I cant believe it... the Ground isnt shaking .... No lighting and
Locust storms have appeared........The rivers and seas havent turned
red with blood...
Can it be that M$ is finally owning up to their design flaws.....
NAH they just got caught again ;)
Jim

P.S. Notice the Smooth blend of FUD with the words sophisticated
hackers

WASHINGTON -- Microsoft acknowledged a serious flaw Wednesday in its
Internet server software that could allow sophisticated hackers to
seize control of websites, steal information and use vulnerable
computers to attack others online.

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,53173,00.html

2. Java as a GUI framework.....give me a goddamned break....

3. Sun, Microsoft tackle security flaws

4. CU redirecting files

5. Microsoft bugs out - Word macro flaw uncovered along with new IIS security breach

6. Serial port prob perhaps?

7. Disclose or not disclose that is the question

8. VxWorks

9. Security Flaws May Be Pitfall for Microsoft

10. Microsoft Word Security Flaw

11. U.S. To Probe Microsoft Passport Flaw -- NEWSFACTOR.com

12. Microsoft's Java flaws burn Internet Explorer Users

13. Microsoft flaw puts servers at risk