James Zepeda... I challenge you! (was Re: The OS flavor challenge!)

James Zepeda... I challenge you! (was Re: The OS flavor challenge!)

Post by Stoney Edward » Sat, 25 Oct 1997 04:00:00

: Oh how I love your unbiased opinion.  Just because Microsoft has some
: incredible marketing skills, and a nice face to a really horrid operating
: system, which in many ways is more than MacOS will ever be, doesn't mean
: it "tastes like warm cow piss..".  I just love how you glorify your Linux,
: and make everything else look pale or inedible in comparison.  You realize
: that just about anybody could pick apart any argument you have for Linux,
: and your blind faith in Linux & Linus is nothing more than childliek
: stupidity don't you?

Oh, you stepped into it now, boy-oh!!!

Questions:

1.)  This was posted to c.o.l.a... my negative views on Windows was
     seen by Linux users, and trollers.  Who the fsck cares what you
     think?

2.)  If you think you can out-argue me, then why don't you?  Probably
     because you have seen how stupid I have made so many other NT
     ranters look.

Tell you what, James.  You pick a topic to argue about, and I will
argue.  Your choice... I don't care.  In other words...

I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE!  Now, you have to put up or shut up,
because I am crossposting this, so that I can show the others
what a fool you are acting like.
--
QUOTE:  Some people steppeth, where they should not.

[JA207030-TRON-RAM-FLYNN] <- leave this line in your e-mail reply

Post by James Zepe » Sun, 26 Oct 1997 04:00:00

: : Oh how I love your unbiased opinion.  Just because Microsoft has some
: : incredible marketing skills, and a nice face to a really horrid operating
: : system, which in many ways is more than MacOS will ever be, doesn't mean
: : it "tastes like warm cow piss..".  I just love how you glorify your Linux,
: : and make everything else look pale or inedible in comparison.  You realize
: : that just about anybody could pick apart any argument you have for Linux,
: : and your blind faith in Linux & Linus is nothing more than childliek
: : stupidity don't you?

: Oh, you stepped into it now, boy-oh!!!

: Questions:

: 1.)  This was posted to c.o.l.a... my negative views on Windows was
:      seen by Linux users, and trollers.  Who the fsck cares what you
:      think?

What makes you think you're so important and people give a SIGTERM what
you think?  I'm sick of seeing people who believe that anything Linus
touches will turn to gold.  Kinda nice to see someone come back down to
earth every once in a while.

: 2.)  If you think you can out-argue me, then why don't you?  Probably
:      because you have seen how stupid I have made so many other NT
:      ranters look.

I think I could probably fly a plane or rob a bank if I tried, but that
doesn't mean I should go out doing that.  You do indeed say it like making
an NT-phile look dumb is a hard thing. NT is a desktop OS for dummies.
Never again for me.

: Tell you what, James.  You pick a topic to argue about, and I will
: argue.  Your choice... I don't care.  In other words...

If you want to argue, fine.  Pick a topic.  In other words, I'm not
interested in a alt.* flame war.

: I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE!  Now, you have to put up or shut up,
: because I am crossposting this, so that I can show the others
: what a fool you are acting like.

If you want to spam everyone with this, fine so be it.  That wasn't a
challenge at all.

- j. a.z epeda

James Zepeda... I challenge you! (was Re: The OS flavor challenge!)

Post by Tim Smi » Sun, 26 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>1.)  This was posted to c.o.l.a... my negative views on Windows was
>     seen by Linux users, and trollers.  Who the fsck cares what you
>     think?

Then why have you added 6 other newsgroups to the Newsgroups line?

--Tim Smith

Post by Stoney Edward » Sun, 26 Oct 1997 04:00:00

: : Questions:

: : 1.)  This was posted to c.o.l.a... my negative views on Windows was
: :      seen by Linux users, and trollers.  Who the fsck cares what you
: :      think?

: What makes you think you're so important and people give a SIGTERM what
: you think?  I'm sick of seeing people who believe that anything Linus

I don't expect anyone to care about what I think... only I really care
about what I think.  I was just merely making jest, and you lashed out
with your snide remarks.  I took it as a challenge.  You need to lighten
up a bit, James.  As I pointed out, since the post was not originally
directed to anywhere but comp.os.linux.advocacy, it was not meant to
troll, or flame anyone.  If anything, you looked like you were trolling by
responding the way you did.

: touches will turn to gold.  Kinda nice to see someone come back down to
: earth every once in a while.

We don't 'worship' Linus, James, nor his Kernel/OS.  However, I and many
others greatly applaud his creation of such a fine Kernel/OS, and then
just 'giving' it away to let anyone do whatever they damn well please with
it.  He could have made bucks with Linux, but he chose to share it with
everyone... I respect Linus immensely for this.  If you don't then that's
your business, but then I would have to call you an ingrate.

: : 2.)  If you think you can out-argue me, then why don't you?  Probably
: :      because you have seen how stupid I have made so many other NT
: :      ranters look.

: I think I could probably fly a plane or rob a bank if I tried, but that
: doesn't mean I should go out doing that.  You do indeed say it like making
: an NT-phile look dumb is a hard thing. NT is a desktop OS for dummies.
: Never again for me.

Well, at least we agree on something.

: : Tell you what, James.  You pick a topic to argue about, and I will
: : argue.  Your choice... I don't care.  In other words...

: If you want to argue, fine.  Pick a topic.  In other words, I'm not
: interested in a alt.* flame war.

Neither am I, James, but you sounded, to me, like you wanted to pick a
fight, so I responded (somewhat impetuously) the way I did.

: : I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE!  Now, you have to put up or shut up,
: : because I am crossposting this, so that I can show the others
: : what a fool you are acting like.

: If you want to spam everyone with this, fine so be it.  That wasn't a
: challenge at all.

Well then, let's stop this here.  If you don't like what I have to say,
then killfile me, and be done with it.

If I offended you, then I formally apologize for that.  But you irritated
me, with your seemingly smug statement.
--
QUOTE:  <PHlaxiOR has no words of wisdom for today>

[JA207030-TRON-RAM-FLYNN] <- leave this line in your e-mail reply

1. The OS flavor challenge!

: What flavor (literally would you say various operating systems are?

Clever idea for humor post, Oonh... I'll bite (pun intended).  :)

DOS tastes like unsalted peanuts.  It's not the best
tasting, but it's still relatively tasty.

Windows/WfW 3.1/3.11 tastes like unsalted peanuts washed
down with water.  It moves things along, but does not
enhance the experience much.

MacOS tastes like saccharin.  It's extremely sweet at
first, but immediately after, it's bitter as hell.

Windows95 tastes like dirty underwear.

WindowsNT tastes like warm cow piss squeezed thru a
moldy sponge, mixed with cat vomit.

SCO UNIX tastes like warm cow piss squeezed thru
dirty underwear.

BSDI UNIX tastes like a chocolate milkshake with
bits of unmixed vanilla ice cream in it.  Other
BSD variants taste much the same, with varying
degrees of chocolate content, and vanilla ice
cream bits.

Linux tastes like pizza with gobs of mozzarella,
and a chocolate milkshake on the side, with bits
of unmixed vanilla ice cream in it, with whipped
cream, and a cherry.

The X Window System (not an OS, but it has flavor)
tastes like ranch dressing, which one may dip his
pizza flavored Linux into.
--
QUOTE:  Damn... now the PHlax is very hungry, and he must pig out.

[JA207030-TRON-RAM-FLYNN] <- leave this line in your e-mail reply

2. sg unresolved sysmbol(s)

3. I am Samba-Challenged

4. Control char conversions with Seyon

5. JOB: US-MN Unix System Admin Manager--- Up to $80k ----UNIX/HP/AIX Daily Challenges ! !

6. Ultra 60 CD/DVD woes...

7. The 1.44M Web Challenge

8. Seeking L.A.-based programmer

9. Profitability of Linux being a challenge

10. A Unique Challenge

11. DES Challenge.

12. term(inal) challenge: Mutt, SecureCRT, and color

13. X11 / TVTWM Challenge