Maximum Linux Magazine

Post by Turd Ferguso » Mon, 05 Aug 2002 08:40:29

I was wondering if anyone had copies of Maximum Linux, specifically
their premier issue and july/august 2000.

I would love to take a look at them.

Thanks

Maximum Linux Magazine

Post by Spiceru » Mon, 05 Aug 2002 18:04:14

On Sun, 04 Aug 2002 01:40:29 -0500, Turd Ferguson revealed:

Quote:> I was wondering if anyone had copies of Maximum Linux, specifically
> their premier issue and july/august 2000.

> I would love to take a look at them.

> Thanks

Why?  Still Trying to make Linux look like Windows?  <That's practically all
that Maximum Linux promoted>

Besides, you might try Linux Magazine, the MS supported guide of Linux
(Can't be any worse than Maximum Linux).

Just my opinion.

Maximum Linux Magazine

Post by Judeth LeShen » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 01:17:47

as a matter of fact those are the only two issues i have. great mag, but
then they pulled it fomr my area

Quote:> I was wondering if anyone had copies of Maximum Linux, specifically
> their premier issue and july/august 2000.

> I would love to take a look at them.

> Thanks

1. Linux Mandrake 6.0 ( Maximum Linux magazine ) Lockups

I just installed the a version of Linux Mandrake 6.0 that came with the
premier issue of Maximum Linux Magazine. After a couple of install attempts
i got it running on my system ( took some manual setup to get my sound
blaster working ). Snd it looks good.

However I have a problem. The system locks up solid frequently for no
apparent reason. When I start using the system after a few minutes the mouse
cursor freezes and the system is locked so solid that there is nothing left
to do but hit the power switch. Any ideas ? Has anyone else had this problem
with this release ? Any suggestions on how to correct it ?

My system consistes of the following:
-Amptron PII-2200 Motherboard with Intel Pentium II-333 and 128MB SDRAM
-Quantum Fireball 8.4ES ATA Hard Drive
-Creative Labs Graphics Blaster Exxtreme PCI 4MB Video Card
-Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16-SCSI-2 ISA Sound Board (Non-PnP)
-Microsoft J-Mouse PS/2 Mouse (Version 2.1A)
-ACER PCI Ethernet 10-Base-T Network Card

Wayne Collins

2. 1.3.83 and PPPD

3. Maximum Linux Magazine Is Going Out Of Business Ha Ha Ha

4. Solstice Backup 5.1 / DMO 2.1/Oracle 8.1.5: Tape backup failed : Need of 5.5 Upgrade ?

5. Save Maximum Linux Magazine

6. Help!-- Killed my mandrake 6.0 and I can't get it back...

7. Maximum Linux Magazine Dead

8. Newbie Asks for Help

9. ultra 10/maximum size/maximum disks

10. Maximum datagram size and maximum window size for AIX

11. Linux Journal -- a Magazine on Linux

12. Linux Journal or Linux Magazine

13. What about "Linux World" (new Linux magazine)