MPEG Movie Viewer

Post by 4Front Technologi » Sat, 25 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> I am just wondering if there is an MPEG player our there for linux which
> is akin to Xing.  I downloaded a couple of them from the links I found
> through the various linux sites but none seem to be able to play the
> standard ".dat" files found in video cds i have.
> Thanx in advance.
> Wilf

Hi,

You can get mpegtv for linux from www.mpegtv.com. It's rock solid and
really rocks!. For mpeg audio, check out xaudio at www.mpeg.org/xaudio/

Best regards
Dev Mazumdar

MPEG Movie Viewer

Post by Roy Stogne » Sat, 25 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> I am just wondering if there is an MPEG player our there for linux which
> is akin to Xing.  I downloaded a couple of them from the links I found
> through the various linux sites but none seem to be able to play the
> standard ".dat" files found in video cds i have.

Hate to break it to you, but ".dat" isn't a standard file extension,
it's an abbreviation for ".data" used by about a thousand applications
that couldn't think of a creative 3-letter combination.  ;-)

That said,
There are a number of MPEG players/encoders for linux.  The players I'm
using are xanim for .mpg video and tk3play for .mp3 audio.

Whether .dat can be read by either of these, however, I don't know.
---
Roy Stogner

1. Movies, movies, movies!!!

Spring/Summer 2003 is going to DA BOMB for action/adventure baby!

The Matrix Reloaded
Terminator 3
X-2
The Hulk
Bulletproof Monk
LOTR - The Return of the King

--
rapskat -  23:03:04 up 1 day, 35 min,  3 users,  load average: 0.28, 0.56, 0.37
Gentoo Base System version 1.4.2.8 kernel 2.5.65 on a Pentium III (Coppermine)

2. ANNOUNCEMENT: Win a Free 850Mhz Athlon

3. mpeg movie capturing

4. Masquerading a Subnetted Class C

5. How to merge several mpeg movies

6. Acer Extensa 391C & 392C

7. How to combine audio with MPEG movies?

8. isdn with i4b!!! PROBLEMS only this new!!!

9. looking for ftp site for mpeg movies with sound

10. mpeg movies are fubar, avi plays fine....

11. MPEG movies under LinuxPPC

12. noatun not playing mpeg movies

13. Converting my home movies to MPEG?