We need a Tux vector graphic

Post by God Of Pai » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:03:24

SiliconTao is paying to make large banners for local events to promote the
LUG's and Linux.

We need a vector graphic of Tux so we can make a 6'x 3' large Tux image that
is not grainy.

Can some one please e-mail me with a URL for a color image that will do
this. I have received some for ps files but they are B&W and I don't know
how to edit a ps as a vector image. I thought ps files are only for
printing. How do you edit one?
--

http://www.SiliconTao.com

Linux wins again!

We need a Tux vector graphic

Post by GeneralP » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:46:16

On Tue, 09 Jul 2002 19:03:24 GMT, God Of Pain assert()ed:

Quote:> SiliconTao is paying to make large banners for local events to promote the
> LUG's and Linux.

> We need a vector graphic of Tux so we can make a 6'x 3' large Tux image that
> is not grainy.

> Can some one please e-mail me with a URL for a color image that will do
> this. I have received some for ps files but they are B&W and I don't know
> how to edit a ps as a vector image. I thought ps files are only for
> printing. How do you edit one?

http://www.linuxpower.ca/Gallery/images/image_takeittux.jpg.html

We need a Tux vector graphic

Post by Paul Cook » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 23:51:20

> On Tue, 09 Jul 2002 19:03:24 GMT, God Of Pain assert()ed:
>> SiliconTao is paying to make large banners for local events to promote
>> the LUG's and Linux.

>> We need a vector graphic of Tux so we can make a 6'x 3' large Tux image
>> that is not grainy.

>> Can some one please e-mail me with a URL for a color image that will do
>> this. I have received some for ps files but they are B&W and I don't know
>> how to edit a ps as a vector image. I thought ps files are only for
>> printing. How do you edit one?

> http://www.linuxpower.ca/Gallery/images/image_takeittux.jpg.html

this one's probably more appropriate for this newsgroup...

<http://www.linuxpower.ca/Gallery/images/image_pee-on-logo2.jpg.html>

--
Paul Cooke
  Registered Linux user 273897 Machine registration number 156819

We need a Tux vector graphic

Post by GeneralP » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 22:53:29

On Tue, 09 Jul 2002 21:51:20 +0000, Paul Cooke assert()ed:

>> On Tue, 09 Jul 2002 19:03:24 GMT, God Of Pain assert()ed:
>>> SiliconTao is paying to make large banners for local events to promote
>>> the LUG's and Linux.

>>> We need a vector graphic of Tux so we can make a 6'x 3' large Tux image
>>> that is not grainy.

>>> Can some one please e-mail me with a URL for a color image that will do
>>> this. I have received some for ps files but they are B&W and I don't know
>>> how to edit a ps as a vector image. I thought ps files are only for
>>> printing. How do you edit one?

>> http://www.linuxpower.ca/Gallery/images/image_takeittux.jpg.html

> this one's probably more appropriate for this newsgroup...

><http://www.linuxpower.ca/Gallery/images/image_pee-on-logo2.jpg.html>

Holy crap, did you see "image_penguin_3.jpg"?

We need a Tux vector graphic

Post by Paul Cook » Thu, 11 Jul 2002 00:03:35

> On Tue, 09 Jul 2002 21:51:20 +0000, Paul Cooke assert()ed:

>>> On Tue, 09 Jul 2002 19:03:24 GMT, God Of Pain assert()ed:

>>> http://www.linuxpower.ca/Gallery/images/image_takeittux.jpg.html

>> this one's probably more appropriate for this newsgroup...

>><http://www.linuxpower.ca/Gallery/images/image_pee-on-logo2.jpg.html>

> Holy crap, did you see "image_penguin_3.jpg"?

hmmm... some-one had a bit too much time on their hands plus a lot of lego
bricks...

What about this one

<http://www.linuxpower.ca/Gallery/images/image_youwantme.jpg.html>

--

Post by Eric W. Sarjean » Thu, 11 Jul 2002 03:03:21

> hmmm... some-one had a bit too much time on their hands plus a lot of lego
> bricks...

That is pretty cool though... I only wish some of these were a bit
bigger & I could use them for wallpaper.

Let's hope this one is a precursor to our government adopting Linux
everywhere:

<http://www.linuxpower.ca/Gallery/images/image_president.jpg.html>

--

"Sitting on a cornflake waiting for the van to come."  - Beatles

We need a Tux vector graphic

Post by rcarte » Thu, 11 Jul 2002 03:41:58

Quote:> SiliconTao is paying to make large banners for local events to promote the
> LUG's and Linux.

> We need a vector graphic of Tux so we can make a 6'x 3' large Tux image
that
> is not grainy.

> Can some one please e-mail me with a URL for a color image that will do
> this. I have received some for ps files but they are B&W and I don't know
> how to edit a ps as a vector image. I thought ps files are only for
> printing. How do you edit one?
> --

With a text editor - they are simply ascii files.

> http://www.SiliconTao.com

> Linux wins again!

We need a Tux vector graphic

Post by Paul Cook » Thu, 11 Jul 2002 20:58:42

>> hmmm... some-one had a bit too much time on their hands plus a lot of
>> lego bricks...

> That is pretty cool though... I only wish some of these were a bit
> bigger & I could use them for wallpaper.

> Let's hope this one is a precursor to our government adopting Linux
> everywhere:

> <http://www.linuxpower.ca/Gallery/images/image_president.jpg.html>

a lot of those images are out there in larger form... just takes some
searching with google advanced image search...

this guy's (one of the van Heesch brothers) got some large format (ie
wallpaper sized) images via the thumbnails on this page...

<http://www.stack.nl/~fidget/pguin/penguin.html>

(there is also a downloadable 3ds-model available for personal use)

and here are Andreas Dilger's own logo graphics

<http://www-mddsp.enel.ucalgary.ca/People/adilger/logo/>

this guy's also got lots of images available but no html files for browsing
as it appears that his site is in archive mode...

<http://www-ocean.tamu.edu/~baum/linuxpic/>

it is possible to navigate around that last site and find other linux based
images...

HTH :)

--

Post by Simon Cook » Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:15:51

> SiliconTao is paying to make large banners for local events to
> promote the LUG's and Linux.

> We need a vector graphic of Tux so we can make a 6'x 3' large Tux
> image that is not grainy.

> Can some one please e-mail me with a URL for a color image that will
> do this. I have received some for ps files but they are B&W and I
> don't know how to edit a ps as a vector image. I thought ps files are
> only for printing. How do you edit one?

I was bored, so I just spent half and hour and came up with this:

http://home.earthlink.net/~simoncooke/comparison.gif

(left is original, right is hand-traced and simplified Tux)

Will that do? And what format do you need it in?

Si

1. Tux Vector Graphic

... now available for download at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~simoncooke/Tux.zip

Adobe Illustrator, Xara, EPS, WMF and EMF versions are all in there.

If you want to see what it looks like, a comparison of the original
version vs. the vector one is at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~simoncooke/comparison.gif

Enjoy.

Simon

2. Verify network (TCP/IP) adapter

3. Idea for a new vector-graphic drawing program

4. Linux Module Problem

5. CGM - Universal vector graphics format?

6. K6+Tyan1571MB+2940: Any Luck ?

7. Tux graphics

8. bug...fatal error

9. Vector graphics library?

10. xfig vector graphics to MS Windows

11. vector drawing/graphics creation choices

12. Tux graphic on boot

13. tux image needed