Warning: April Fool's Day is here

Post by Bradley Ro » Sun, 02 Apr 1995 04:00:00

WARNING  WARNING
Please note that April 1 is also known as April Fool's Day,
a day when outrageous statements are made in an attempt to see whether
others can be fooled into believing them

Post by David Rol » Thu, 06 Apr 1995 04:00:00

: WARNING  WARNING
: Please note that April 1 is also known as April Fool's Day,
: a day when outrageous statements are made in an attempt to see whether
: others can be fooled into believing them

I don't believe you.   :)

dsr

1. mod_rewrite for April Fools Day example

Hey all,

I have gotten some questions about this so I thought I would share
*grin*

Place this in your httpd.conf or srm.conf if you have not
yet unified your conf files:

###### Begin April Fool's Day Semi-Random Rewite for 9am to 6pm
###### for every minute for clicks from 02 seconds to 20 seconds
###### on the minute (just long enough for people to double take)

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond   %{REMOTE_ADDR}  ^xxx\.xxx\.xxx\.*
RewriteCond   %{TIME_MON} =04
RewriteCond   %{TIME_DAY} =01
RewriteCond   %{TIME_HOUR} >09
RewriteCond   %{TIME_HOUR} <18
RewriteCond   %{TIME_SEC} >01
RewriteCond   %{TIME_SEC} <21
RewriteRule   ^/somepath.+         http://www.theonion.com/ [R,L]

###### End

You will of course want to change "somepath" to an area
that the people coming from this network xxx.xxx.xxx.*
would access normally during the day.  In this case a class C.

This will take them to a site like theonion.com any
time they click on this "somepath" area within the
first 20 seconds of each minute in the day.

You of course can change www.theonion.com to whatever :)

Anyone else care to share some elegant solutions to
April Fool's day web fun?

Latra,
Jay

--

http://www.fudge.org            I C Q # 4 6 6 3 6 6 8
CU/iVisit: Fudge                IRC/AIM/TIK: Qthrul

2. ISDN card install

3. OT: April's fool

4. RH8 & IMAP problems

5. 6 Days of Solutions for Network Admins, April 7-8 '99, Santa Clara, CA

6. Is there a driver for tiara ethernet cards?

7. Ph server binaries available?

8. Evidently a April Fools joke

9. april fools @ google

10. April Fools Jokes, Part MCVLII

11. I am a fool (Was: First NAT Problem)

12. Linux Call the Manufacturer Day, Wednesday, April 23rd