buy us out says SCO's CEO to IBM COMPUTERWORLD.com

Post by Paul Colquhou » Tue, 03 Jun 2003 12:00:34

| http://www.veryComputer.com/
| SCO's CEO says buyout could end Linux fight
| His comments came in response to an analyst's proposed scenario
| TODD R. WEISS  MAY 30 2003
|
| "If there's a way of resolving this that is positive, then we can get
| back out to business and everybody is good to go, then I'm fine with
| that," McBride said today in an interview with Computerworld. "If that's
| one of the outcomes of this, then so be it."
| ---
|
| "I'm not trying to*up the Linux business," he said. "I'm trying to
| take care of the shareholders, employees and people who have been having
| their rights *led on."
| ---
|
|   "Even if you potentially had a problem [with concerns about Unix code
| in Linux back then], what are you going to do?" McBride asked. "Sue
| Linus Torvalds? And get what?"
| ---

The correct response to this situation, IMHO (and IANAL) should have
been to contact Linus and get the infringing content removed. Instead
they appear to have thought to themselves "Getting this removed from
Linux *now* will not get us any money, but if we wait until some rich
company gets involved and *then* make a fuss abount it, we could really
rake in the dough".

Not the most honest of attitudes, and I hope this *s up the case in
court.