Disappearing windows?

Post by Daniel Garlan » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 20:29:08

Hi folks

Everytime I log into my redhat 7.3 linux the panel + the window border
around the 'start here' window disappear and wont come back. If I
CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE and return to the login screen and login a second
time, theres no problem.

I'm not really an expert but I suspect its the window manager, but does
anybody have any thoughts? Do I need to supply some more info to make
this post useful?

Cheers

Dan

Disappearing windows?

Post by rapska » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 20:31:42

Error Log for Wed, 04 Sep 2002 19:29:08 +0100: segfault in module "Daniel
Garland" - dump details are as follows...

Quote:> I'm not really an expert but I suspect its the window manager, but does
> anybody have any thoughts? Do I need to supply some more info to make this
> post useful?

Which WM/DE was that?

--
rapskat -   2:30pm  up  4:22,  1 user,  load average: 0.61, 0.56, 0.46
CPU states: 19.5% user,  4.0% system,  0.0% nice, 76.4% idle

Are you sure the back door is locked?

1. Disappearing windows - fvwm 2.0.43 or XFree 3.2???

I upgraded to XFree 3.2 & Fvwm 2.0.43 and have encountered a serious problem!

I have a Trio64V+ card, and am running the S3 server.

I am using FVWM2, and the bug may probably be here, and not in XFree...

I can start xterms and everything works, and I can start netscape (3.0)

But if I go into the options menu in Netscape, and then click OK, every
window on the screen disappears! I tried many things, like the shuffle
windows command, but I can't get the windows back.
When I restart the window manager, the windows make a brief comeback
while the window manager is restarting, but then they disappear again...

Any clues to fixing this problem appreciated...

Thanks!

--
----
Avinash Chopde

home page: http://www.paranoia.com/~avinash/

2. *User* mode profiling support in the kernel ?

3. Disappearing windows in Afterstep and other things

4. Packages non interactive installation

5. disappearing windows - need help

6. boot problem

7. disappearing windows

8. Linux Counter: 33755 registered Linux users

9. Netscape windows DISAPPEAR :(

10. disappearing xterm windows

11. aixterm window disappearing

12. Lilo disappeared after window 95 installation

13. HELP: Windows disappear when iconified