First law passed which outlaws firewalls, vpn's!

First law passed which outlaws firewalls, vpn's!

Post by Pope » Mon, 31 Mar 2003 19:01:06

http://www.veryComputer.com/

http://www.veryComputer.com/

The Bush Administration is pushing to have everyone take down their firwalls
and quit using VPN's and SSH because homeland security can't see what your
doing.

If you use a firewall or encrypted communiations you can now receive 4 years
in jail and a $2,000 fine.

Open your cunt's to the Linux hackers wintroll's.

Looks as if the republicans not only want you to take down your firewalls
and stop your VPN's, they want your * ALSO!!!

http://www.veryComputer.com/

http://www.veryComputer.com/

Perhaps you could appologize to your son's and daughters and wifes by simply
driving your SUV off a cliff somewhere.  There lives will be meaningless now
that they won't be going to college because dady couldn't get over his Rush
Limbaugh fascination.

Say bye bye to your DNA republi*s!

Post by Ian Hilliar » Mon, 31 Mar 2003 19:04:47

Quote:> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> The Bush Administration is pushing to have everyone take down their
firwalls
> and quit using VPN's and SSH because homeland security can't see what your
> doing.

> If you use a firewall or encrypted communiations you can now receive 4
years
> in jail and a $2,000 fine.

> Open your cunt's to the Linux hackers wintroll's.

> Looks as if the republicans not only want you to take down your firewalls
> and stop your VPN's, they want your * ALSO!!!

http://www.veryComputer.com/
98

Quote:

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> Perhaps you could appologize to your son's and daughters and wifes by
simply
> driving your SUV off a cliff somewhere.  There lives will be meaningless
now
> that they won't be going to college because dady couldn't get over his
Rush
> Limbaugh fascination.

> Say bye bye to your DNA republi*s!

If the aim is to make the USA a technological backwater, they're on the
right path.

Ian

Post by Tim Smit » Mon, 31 Mar 2003 20:49:20

> http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/03/03/30/0524244.shtml?tid=158&tid=103&ti...

> The Bush Administration is pushing to have everyone take down their firwalls
> and quit using VPN's and SSH because homeland security can't see what your
> doing.

> If you use a firewall or encrypted communiations you can now receive 4 years
> in jail and a $2,000 fine.

Go read the proposed law.  It does no such thing.

--
Evidence Eliminator is worthless: "www.evidence-eliminator-sucks.com"
--Tim Smith

Post by GreyClou » Mon, 31 Mar 2003 20:52:15

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> The Bush Administration is pushing to have everyone take down their firwalls
> and quit using VPN's and SSH because homeland security can't see what your
> doing.

> If you use a firewall or encrypted communiations you can now receive 4 years
> in jail and a $2,000 fine.

> Open your cunt's to the Linux hackers wintroll's.

> Looks as if the republicans not only want you to take down your firewalls
> and stop your VPN's, they want your * ALSO!!!

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> Perhaps you could appologize to your son's and daughters and wifes by simply
> driving your SUV off a cliff somewhere.  There lives will be meaningless now
> that they won't be going to college because dady couldn't get over his Rush
> Limbaugh fascination.

> Say bye bye to your DNA republi*s!

These laws will never see the light of day.  Now get a grip
on yourself before you self destruct from your own
imaginings.  Get over it... bush won the election, not
gore.  Or are you idiots still having a babies temper
tantrum.

Post by Nymshifte » Mon, 31 Mar 2003 20:51:35

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> The Bush Administration is pushing to have everyone take down their
> firwalls and quit using VPN's and SSH because homeland security can't
> see what your doing.

> If you use a firewall or encrypted communiations you can now receive
> 4 years in jail and a $2,000 fine.

> Open your cunt's to the Linux hackers wintroll's.

> Looks as if the republicans not only want you to take down your
> firewalls
> and stop your VPN's, they want your * ALSO!!!

http://www.veryComputer.com/
98

Quote:

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> Perhaps you could appologize to your son's and daughters and wifes by
> simply driving your SUV off a cliff somewhere.  There lives will be
> meaningless now that they won't be going to college because dady
> couldn't get over his Rush Limbaugh fascination.

> Say bye bye to your DNA republi*s!

slashdot and the register, well then, it must be true.

First law passed which outlaws firewalls, vpn's!

Post by Dave Leig » Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:52:54

Pope wrote on Sunday 30 March 2003 12:01 in message

Quote:> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> The Bush Administration is pushing to have everyone take down their
> firwalls and quit using VPN's and SSH because homeland security can't see
> what your doing.

Once again Charlie is taking liberties with his headlines... he's starting
his April Fools jokes a little early. Of course, the stories do not report
that a law has been passed. they report that multiple states have
introduced bills. Secondly, the stories do not in any way support Charlie's
tinfoil-hat statement about "The Bush Administration"... Charlie just has a
little trouble comprehending the difference between State and Federal
legislation.

I would recommend that people living in the affected states (MA, TX, SC,
FL, GA, AK, TN, and CO) call their state legislators ASAP and explain the
ramifications of their specific bills IF they're hostile to IT. I'm in
SC... our specific legislation -- the "Theft of Communications Services
Act" -- hinges largely on intent... rather than specifically making
firewalls illegal as the story wrongly states, it would apparently make
violations of terms of service illegal.

I'm obligated to point out here that the Consumer Broadband and Digital TV
Promotion Act (CBDTPA), one of the most IT-hostile pieces of legislation
ever created, was introduced by one of my very own senators, Democrat Fritz
Hollings.

Quote:> If you use a firewall or encrypted communiations you can now receive 4
> years in jail and a $2,000 fine.

> Open your cunt's to the Linux hackers wintroll's.

> Looks as if the republicans not only want you to take down your firewalls
> and stop your VPN's, they want your * ALSO!!!

http://www.veryComputer.com/

This leads us to the following links:
http://www.veryComputer.com/
http://www.veryComputer.com/

As you can can see, these deal with the loss of American IT jobs to
offshore outsourcing. This is not something that is encouraged by any
Presidential administration; and neither story suggests it is.

Following the links and reading the stories does lead you to this useful
and entertaining site: http://www.*thatjob.com/  Anyone who's tried
looking at on-line job postings lately knows exactly where the webmaster is
coming from. The tradition of posting ridiculous job requirements is hardly
new, though it seems to be more prevalent these days. My first experience
with it was shortly after the introduction of Delphi, when a recruiter
called with a requisition for a Delphi programmer with 3 years of
experience. I patiently explained why that was impossible, and that they
actually wanted someone with both Turbo Pascal and VB experience if they
wanted to maximize prior exposure to the skills needed for Delphi. As it
turns out, idiotic requirements are often tacked on by HR workers after
they've received the real requirements from the managers and have somehow
deemed them insufficient.

Quote:> http://www.veryComputer.com/

This one is a suggestion that the US impose import tariffs on offshore
programming labor. How this suggestion is supposed to support the idea that
the "republicans" want your * is mysterious, even to die-hard
* theorists. But the content of his links has never been of much
concern to Charlie, anyway. It seems he'll latch on to any excuse to spit
the word "Republican!" with the same vehemence as a Klansman shouting
"*!"

--
Dave Leigh, Consulting Systems Analyst
Cratchit.org

Post by gduk » Tue, 01 Apr 2003 00:57:50

> These laws will never see the light of day.  Now get a grip
> on yourself before you self destruct from your own
> imaginings.  Get over it... bush won the election, not
> gore.  Or are you idiots still having a babies temper
> tantrum.

hehehe

Post by d2003x » Tue, 01 Apr 2003 02:41:21

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> The Bush Administration is pushing to have everyone take down their
> firwalls and quit using VPN's and SSH because homeland security can't
> see what your doing.

> If you use a firewall or encrypted communiations you can now receive 4

> years in jail and a $2,000 fine.

> Open your cunt's to the Linux hackers wintroll's.

> Looks as if the republicans not only want you to take down your
> firewalls and stop your VPN's, they want your * ALSO!!!

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> Perhaps you could appologize to your son's and daughters and wifes by
> simply driving your SUV off a cliff somewhere.  There lives will be
> meaningless now that they won't be going to college because dady
> couldn't get over his Rush Limbaugh fascination.

> Say bye bye to your DNA republi*s!

See, bush is really an *. The "security" is just an execuse to
hide his stupid dream to control everybody on earth.

                      http://www.veryComputer.com/

Post by Nymshifte » Tue, 01 Apr 2003 03:10:47

> Pope wrote on Sunday 30 March 2003 12:01 in message

>> http://www.veryComputer.com/

http://www.veryComputer.com/
Quote:

> [...]

> they actually wanted someone with both Turbo Pascal and VB experience
> if they wanted to maximize prior exposure to the skills needed for
> Delphi. As it turns out, idiotic requirements are often tacked on by
> HR workers after they've received the real requirements from the
> managers and have somehow deemed them insufficient.

>> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> This one is a suggestion that the US impose import tariffs on offshore
> programming labor. How this suggestion is supposed to support the
> idea that the "republicans" want your * is mysterious, even to
> die-hard
> * theorists. But the content of his links has never been of
> much concern to Charlie, anyway. It seems he'll latch on to any
> excuse to spit
> the word "Republican!" with the same vehemence as a Klansman shouting

Good post Dave

Post by mkosc » Tue, 01 Apr 2003 06:17:18

Quote:> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> The Bush Administration is pushing to have everyone take down their
firwalls
> and quit using VPN's and SSH because homeland security can't see what your
> doing.

> If you use a firewall or encrypted communiations you can now receive 4
years
> in jail and a $2,000 fine.

> Open your cunt's to the Linux hackers wintroll's.

> Looks as if the republicans not only want you to take down your firewalls
> and stop your VPN's, they want your * ALSO!!!

http://www.veryComputer.com/
98

Quote:

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> Perhaps you could appologize to your son's and daughters and wifes by
simply
> driving your SUV off a cliff somewhere.  There lives will be meaningless
now
> that they won't be going to college because dady couldn't get over his
Rush
> Limbaugh fascination.

> Say bye bye to your DNA republi*s!

Land of the FREE to tow the line or get the F out.

Post by d2003x » Tue, 01 Apr 2003 13:20:23

> > http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > The Bush Administration is pushing to have everyone take down
> > their firwalls and quit using VPN's and SSH because homeland
> > security can't see what your doing.

> > If you use a firewall or encrypted communiations you can now
> > receive 4 years in jail and a $2,000 fine.

> > Open your cunt's to the Linux hackers wintroll's.

> > Looks as if the republicans not only want you to take down your
> > firewalls and stop your VPN's, they want your * ALSO!!!

> > http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > Perhaps you could appologize to your son's and daughters and wifes
> > by simply driving your SUV off a cliff somewhere.  There lives
> > will be meaningless now that they won't be going to college
> > because dady couldn't get over his Rush Limbaugh fascination.

> > Say bye bye to your DNA republi*s!

> These laws will never see the light of day.  Now get a grip on
> yourself before you self destruct from your own imaginings.  Get
> over it... bush won the election, not gore.

Yeah. But both Bush and*were not voted directly by American
people. So.. hmmmm

<snip>

                      http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. Passing VPN info through OpenBSD Firewall

Does anyone know if you can pass VPN info through a OpenBSD firewall? I am
trying to set up a VPN from a MS client behind a firewall to a distant VPN
server.

Can this be done. I can get the CA but when the client tries to connect to
the VPN server, something happens?

Let me know.....

Dave F>

2. Problem with servers crashing

3. Microsoft Get's Bush's help to outlaw hardware suitable for Linux

4. Real's Radio Pass on Linux?

5. V-One Firewall and VPN solutions

6. backspace

7. How to pass arguments passed in ''s

8. swap space on NFS

9. ld: Principles of one-pass vs. two-pass

10. OT:Has a spam law been passed?

11. Word explanation please - what's 'Godwin Law' ?

12. setup one interface for 'up' and another one for 'down'

13. Pass 3 static IPs' trafic through a ipchains firewall with new iproute2 tools: How?