Sun, Red Hat To Offer Red Hat Linux On Sun Servers

Sun, Red Hat To Offer Red Hat Linux On Sun Servers

Post by alw » Wed, 21 May 2003 01:04:20

Under the deal announced today, Sun will sell and support all x86
versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and Red Hat will distribute Sun's
Java technology.

http://computerworld.com/newsletter/0,4902,81355,00.html?nlid=PM

Sun, Oracle Expand Partnership

The two companies want to make sure that Oracle software runs on all of
Sun's platforms.

http://computerworld.com/newsletter/0,4902,81353,00.html?nlid=PM

Post by Rex Ballar » Wed, 21 May 2003 08:33:19

 > Under the deal announced today, Sun will sell and support
 > all x86 versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and Red Hat
 > will distribute Sun's Java technology.

http://computerworld.com/newsletter/0,4902,81355,00.html?nlid=PM

Welcome Sun.  Glad to see you've joined the party.  This
gives sun a solution base that can run from Xeon to SunFire.
  All they have to do is keep the porting effort from Xeon to
Sparc as painless as possible.

Might be good for them to also offer Linux on the SunFire
series as well.  Most customers will opt for Solaris, but by
making the offer, it assures the costomer of a solid
migration path.

 > Sun, Oracle Expand Partnership
 >
 > The two companies want to make sure that Oracle software
 > runs on all of Sun's platforms.

http://computerworld.com/newsletter/0,4902,81353,00.html?nlid=PM

This is also a good strategy.  Oracle wants to go after
.NET, Exchange, and several other Microsoft platforms, and
Sun wants to go after Windows servers.

Hopefully neither is doing an exclusive.  But both can benefit.

--
Rex Ballard
Leading Open Source Advocate

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. PPP routing

3. Red Hat's Linux Application CD which ships with Red Hat Professional Server Version 7

4. Ziff Davis give Red Hat Linux an award.

5. Demonizing Red Hat (was: CodeWarrior for Red Hat Linux)

6. Netcabo

7. Red Hat Linux for $50 at RedHat.Com vs. Red Hat from LSL

8. trouble w/ ATT Worldnet connection

9. Problem logging in after upgradation from red hat 8 to red hat 9

10. migrating from red hat 8.0 to red hat 9.0

11. Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already

12. The Red Hats are coming, the Red Hats are coming

13. Red Hat Piranha and Red Hat 7