What to do if Linux crashes (was Re: What to do if NT crashes...)

What to do if Linux crashes (was Re: What to do if NT crashes...)

Post by Stuart Fo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

1. Reformat your machine and reinstall Windows, it's more suited to you
anyway.  You are obviously braindead or doing something wrong if Linux
crashes.

</SARCASM>

Quote:> 1.  Replace your motherboard.

Post by Donn Mille » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> 1. Reformat your machine and reinstall Windows, it's more suited to you
> anyway.  You are obviously braindead or doing something wrong if Linux
> crashes.

> </SARCASM>

Hmmm...  what do people mean by "Windows"?  Sometimes when I
mention Windows I mean Win NT, but people are thinking that I
mean Win 9X.  Or, does Windows refer to the entire Windows family
- NT, 98, 95, etc.

==Donn

1. Linux crashes??? What am I doing wrong?

Ever since I've used XFree86 4> I've seen Linux crash about 15 times
(not normal, I presume).  I have Voodoo 3/2000, am using Linux-Mandrake
8.0, have a 17-inch monitor that supports resolutions up to 1024x768.
Before 4, I had no problem setting up anything to do with X.

Sean Campbell

2. ARP Proxy.

3. lilo -> DOS WD 32 bit IFS??

4. Linux on a small HD

6. I need help getting Linux.

7. My first Linux crash - what should I have done?

8. Microsoft Statement Refutes Government's Allegations

9. Dos/Win Telnet crashes in Linux...help!

10. (for gurus) ISSUES: crashes, crash on boot, crash on shutdown

11. 2.0.34 keeps crashing and crashing and crashing and ...

12. Crashing Crashing Crashing

13. 2.0.34 keeps crashing and crashing and crashing and ...