Vote: Should the government break up Microsoft?

Vote: Should the government break up Microsoft?

Post by -ljl » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Goto:
  http://www.vote.com
and vote.

--
Louis-ljl-{ Louis J. LaBash, Jr. }

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Vote: Should the government break up Microsoft?

Post by S » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

eithier way, the investors win

business as usual

BUY MSFT PRODUCTS

Quote:> Goto:
>   http://www.vote.com
> and vote.

> --
> Louis-ljl-{ Louis J. LaBash, Jr. }

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Vote: Should the government break up Microsoft?

Post by Bill Sharroc » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Feh. I'm not impressed. I mean just *look* at the site.

The yes choice is "A federal judge ruled they have a monopoly; Make Bill
Gates stop throwing his weight around"

The no choice is "Protect Microsofts freedom to innovate"

Then each side has "nifty catch phrases" for facts and arguments. Of
course, getting to the meat of these statements is a couple of clicks
away but those voting radio buttons sure are right there. Oh, and I have
no idea of what my e-mail vote is going to look like. AFAICT, voting yes
would say "Hey you losers, stop that big meanie Gates from killing the
poor in Africa." and voting no would generate a well composed form
letter specifying thought out arguments. Comparing the poorly summarized
Yes choice with the succinct non emotionally charged No choice should I
have a reason to not be suspicious?

And I did try to vote on another active issue. Sure enough, I don't get
to see what I'm sending. I just get a poorly setup popup window (which
didn't size right in Navigator. I can't see all of the fields I'm
supposed to enter) asking for my e-mail addy and zip.

Tell me this isn't the future of politics.*Vote.com. It is just as
unscientific as the CNN poll except for the fact that you get to
automatically spam your government officials with a sound bite.

I'll say this. One, it's too soon after the FoF to start yelling at
politicians to burn MS or Justice at the stake. MS does get the chance
to file for a reconsideration. Two, if I was a politician I would feel
no guilt at putting a filter on email from vote.com. Three, I'd have
more faith that I was getting a real opinion if I got email with an
honest to god personal return addy or better yet if the person took the
time to write a letter, sign it, and waste the money for a stamp.

Civic mindedness requires effort and thought. It is a responsibility for
the rights we enjoy. I apologize for the rant but in all honesty
vote.com is so slick and sugary sweet simpleminded it makes me ill.

Bill

P.S. I just want you to know Louis that I'm not flaming you and that I
think it is commendable that you advocate being involved with issues. I
just think vote.com is not the way to do it.

--
I know life's a bummer baby
But that's got nothing at all to do with me - Monster Magnet

Vote: Should the government break up Microsoft?

Post by -ljl » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> > Goto:
> >   http://www.vote.com
> > and vote.

> eithier way, the investors win

> business as usual

> BUY MSFT PRODUCTS

Remember: Everything that's cheaper is inevitable.

--
Louis-ljl-{ Louis J. LaBash, Jr. }

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Vote: Should the government break up Microsoft?

Post by S » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

ya i got some free florida swamp land for ya idiot

BUY MSFT

Post by Rich Idl » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> ya i got some free florida swamp land for ya idiot

I'll take it.

Your knowledge of the ecosystem is on par with your knowledge of
computers.

---
     No apologies, no regrets   -Richard Nixon.
---

Vote: Should the government break up Microsoft?

Post by -ljl » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> Oh, and I have no idea of what my e-mail vote is going to look like.

Well, here is an exemplar:

Date:  Fri, 12 Nov 1999 10:00:57 -0500 (EST)

Subject:  Your vote - Increase the Minimum Wage?

Dear Vote.com voter:

Representatives

Senate
Honorable Peter G. Fitzgerald

The email reads:

On the question Increase the Minimum Wage?, I voted YES.

Please consider my vote when making your decision on the issue.

Succinct.