Caldera's nice new Web page

Post by Troy Wil » Sun, 12 Jan 1997 04:00:00

www.caldera.com

1. New US Robotics modem won't dial; browser won't find web pages

I've got a successful connection with my new US Robotics modem (model 6510B)
using the debug option of the dial configuration (in Red Hat 7.2). It gets a
good PPP
connection.  However, I can't connect using the
PPP dialer.  It won't even dial. How do I get the dialer to dial?

Also, even when the dial configuration debug gets a connection the browser
won't find any web pages (when I've connected using debug).
I've added the domain name server IP address to the configuration.  What
else can I do to get the browser (any browser) to find web pages?

--
Per Ford Motor Company's Corporate Security Manual section 2.4.25: "the
opinions expressed in the article are the opinions of the author, not of

2. FTP SLOW ?

3. Nice. Nice nice nice.

4. Installation froze during X configuration

5. I can ping my web server but can't open page in web browser

6. Sol 10 x86 not recognizing NIC

7. Can't access Linux web server web pages from LAN client

8. AS/400 and Linux

9. Utility to convert PowerPoint "web pages" into real web pages?

10. So what's so nice about nice()?

11. Nice jobs aren't being nice.

12. Does Linux have snazzy FrontPage equivalent for web page authoring and 'publishing'?

13. man can't format new man pages - can't find DESC file