Is this the Linux advocacy?

Post by Edwin Thorn » Fri, 14 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I can't tell what group this is.  I see more debate on Windows vs.
Macintosh than mention of Linux.  I love my Macintosh, but I came here to
find out about Linux and MkLinux.  Sheesh.

Is this the Linux advocacy?

Post by Dennis Iannic » Sun, 16 Mar 1997 04:00:00

: I can't tell what group this is.  I see more debate on Windows vs.
: Macintosh than mention of Linux.  I love my Macintosh, but I came here to
: find out about Linux and MkLinux.  Sheesh.

        Two words: Crossposting weenies.

Is this the Linux advocacy?

Post by Michael Shapp » Sun, 16 Mar 1997 04:00:00

: I can't tell what group this is.  I see more debate on Windows vs.
: Macintosh than mention of Linux.  I love my Macintosh, but I came here to
: find out about Linux and MkLinux.  Sheesh.

MkLinux is Way Cool Stuff :-) What do you want to know?

Is this the Linux advocacy?

Post by Nathan Han » Tue, 18 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> : I can't tell what group this is.  I see more debate on Windows vs.
> : Macintosh than mention of Linux.  I love my Macintosh, but I came here to
> : find out about Linux and MkLinux.  Sheesh.

>         Two words: Crossposting weenies.

Longer answer: if you use your news filter to remove all crossposted
articles then magically comp.os.linux.advocacy becomes:

   1) much smaller

   2) very linux related

But unfortunately

   3) not half as fun

This *is* advocacy. Try one of the other comp.os.linux.* groups for
true blue linux information.

--
Open mind for a different view, and nothing else matters.

1. Linux Advocacy? More like Microsoft Advocacy !

I am not trying to start a flame war here but I just keep wondering why
practically every other thread in here is about Microsoft.  Isn't there
enough good points to advocate in Linux that one has to hilight the bad
in M$ or BG ??

We just switched to Linux a month ago and I think there is just so much
of potential in Linux as a viable Commercial OS/NOS.  Linux is growing
fast enough that you don't totally draw blank faces from the people here
in Malaysia, least not amongst the Techies.

Why don't we concentrate more on how we can promote and make Linux more
than the great Operating System it already is.

And guys, let's not condemn the likes of Netscape.  Whether or not it is
bloated is really irrelevant.  What is important that it has offered
Newbiews like ourselves, alternatives, much in the spirit of Linux, in
which there can be more than one way of arriving at a solution.  We
should be glad that there is at least some recognition of the importance
of Linux that there is a port of Netscape.

Let's all light a candle and not curse the darkness !!

Wilf
Digital Systems, Malaysia.

2. Nic Recongnition

3. comp.os.linux.advocacy alt.linux

4. Accesing parell port in dosemu

5. Linux Advocacy - Linux vs Windows 2000 vs Be vs OS/2

6. yp_all - RPC clnt_call (transport level) failure

8. pppd and the defaultroute option

10. Am I touchy? Or am I right?