M$ broken website

Post by Steve Parke » Sat, 28 Mar 1998 04:00:00

A while back I went to the M$ site to order a free trial copy of
technet.  Upon submitting the form,I received a vbscript error,something
about not being able to create an activeX object.  When I resubmitted, I
wastold that I had alread received the maximumnumber of free
subscriptions for my address.

So, I resubmitted with my wife's work address.  Samething happened.

Anyway, today I received 2 technet CD's in the mail, one at my home,and
one at my wife's work.  Funny thing is,they were addressed to the wrong
person.  One was addressed to John Bade, and the other to Rick Venzon.

John,and Rick, if you're out there, I have your CD's.  And I presume you
have mine.

Inspiring isn't it?  They wrote the software,they have huge resources
available to them, and THEY can't even get it right.  Gee, makes me want
to go out and build an internet commerce site on NT server, and MS
SQLserver!

-SHP

M$ broken website

Post by Brian 'Beej' Ha » Sun, 29 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I got an inspirational message from one of their knowledgebase web
servers today:

HTTP1.0 Too Many Users.

Hurrah.

-Beej

M$ broken website

Post by Brian Knott » Sun, 29 Mar 1998 04:00:00

>A while back I went to the M$ site to order a free trial copy of
>technet.  Upon submitting the form,I received a vbscript error,something
>about not being able to create an activeX object.  When I resubmitted, I
>wastold that I had alread received the maximumnumber of free
>subscriptions for my address.

>So, I resubmitted with my wife's work address.  Samething happened.

>Anyway, today I received 2 technet CD's in the mail, one at my home,and
>one at my wife's work.  Funny thing is,they were addressed to the wrong
>person.  One was addressed to John Bade, and the other to Rick Venzon.

>John,and Rick, if you're out there, I have your CD's.  And I presume you
>have mine.

>Inspiring isn't it?  They wrote the software,they have huge resources
>available to them, and THEY can't even get it right.  Gee, makes me want
>to go out and build an internet commerce site on NT server, and MS
>SQLserver!

Hey...this ActiveX stuff sounds good for banking, too!

:-)

                   "Free Beef with the tires you buy"

M$ broken website

Post by Rick Franchu » Sun, 29 Mar 1998 04:00:00

<stuff snipped>

Quote:> Inspiring isn't it?  They wrote the software,they have huge resources
> available to them, and THEY can't even get it right.  Gee, makes me
> want to go out and build an internet commerce site on NT server, and MS
> SQLserver!

You know, there might be a couple journalists looking for information like
that... maybe a letter to the editor of a few of them could be helpful. A
picture of the two CDs with your address and wrong names could be quite
'inspirational' to managers planning on building that 100k+
transaction-a-day system based on ASP...

 |                                          |
 |  Rick Franchuk  -  TranSpecT Consulting  |
 |_______                            _______|

          \_____ICQ_#_4435025______/

1. JUNKBUSTER breaks website form logins?

When using Junkbuster, website logins appear not to work.

For example, when I log into Slashdot, it acts as if I never logged in at
all.  None of my settings are recognized, and my "preferences" options
are not displayed next to my user name.

As soon as I remove junkbuster from proxy settings, it works.

Anyone know what's going on?

(ps - Mozilla nightly on Redhat 7)

2. How to logon using the virtual domain accounts with sendmail

3. Website Hosting and Website Design for Businesses and Professionals

4. oslevel command output

5. Make broken, top broken, flock errors, kernel modules broken

6. How bad is your web site? Find out today!

7. 2.5: ieee1394 still broken, vesafb still broken, ipv6 still broken

8. YTalk compilation...

9. HELP! Linux broke WinNT and fdisk broke Linux!

10. PPPoE and IP MASQ: ftp is great, HTTP is broken, NNTP is broken

11. FYI: [2.5 patch] let broken drivers depend on BROKEN

12. RH6.2: broken Imake?, broken Open Motif?

13. 3c59x broken in (vortex) driver broken in higher 2.0.x?