Palladium: it's Law Enforcement capabilities

Palladium: it's Law Enforcement capabilities

Post by Tequil » Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:58:46

I would like to start a discussion about the Law Enforcement
aspect of MS's upcoming Palladium OS.
I have seen reported, in various Internet Journals , something to the effect
that, in WindowsXP, part of the User-Agreement states that the user allows
MS to download programs to the user's computer.
I think that this MS-useragreement-requirement will continue in Palladium.
What I haven't seen any discussion of is:   what will be the
U.S.Government's
involvement in downloading programs to Palladium PCs.
The ability to plant keystroke-loggers, etc on anyones computer will
not go unnoticed by law enforcement.
Comments from COLA readers outside of North America are
especially welcome.
T.

Post by Robt. Mille » Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:35:50

> I would like to start a discussion about the Law Enforcement
> aspect of MS's upcoming Palladium OS.
> I have seen reported, in various Internet Journals , something to the effect
> that, in WindowsXP, part of the User-Agreement states that the user allows
> MS to download programs to the user's computer.
> I think that this MS-useragreement-requirement will continue in Palladium.
> What I haven't seen any discussion of is:   what will be the
> U.S.Government's
> involvement in downloading programs to Palladium PCs.

 Probably similar to every 13 year old's involvement once it's cracked.

--

(o<