Why Linux Sucks... Check out this complete idiot................

Why Linux Sucks... Check out this complete idiot................

Post by Anna Bang » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 01:59:02

****POST BY A LINO_IDIOT*******************************************

I normally take a stock Redhat install and munge it all out of
proportion. I've taken 8.0 and now have several differrent things from
Rawhide, SuSE and Mandrake intermingled, and in some case, replacing
important aspects. I also have tarballs from all over the place. I've
managed to force it all together into a nice, stable, secure machine.
Don't ask how because I don't know. But I've done this a number of
times now.

I just download what I want and try to install/upgrade. When that
doesn't work, I get the things I'm told need to be changed. I keep
doing this until it all gives up and does what I told it to do. As a
final test, I reboot to see if anything still works. I'm usually
pleasantly surprised!

I'd never dream of doing this on a machine that was important. But this
is my own desktop machine, and I can afford to destroy it if it comes
to that. I've done enough rescuing of things that I can get it back to
a usable state pretty quickly if I need to. Still, I've only really
messed things up badly a couple of times. The worst that usually
happens is something stops working. For instance, my gnome-panel does
nothing but crash right now. That's fine since I don't use gnome for
other than a few apps and to supply libraries that some other things
want.

I may just try upgrading this to the latest beta tonight, just to see
if it still works afterward.

--
Windows: Pay more, expect less.

*********END POST BY LINO_IDIOT**************************************

Can you believe this shit?

It takes 5 different Linux distributions to satisfy the common Lino_DORK....

Anna says, Linux is a waste of time,.

This idiot proves it beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Anna Banger.

Why Linux Sucks... Check out this complete idiot................

Post by GreyClou » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 02:20:25

Garbage.

Why Linux Sucks... Check out this complete idiot................

Post by Lin?nu » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 04:37:04

After rebooting Windows, Anna Banger mumbled:

Quote:> ****POST BY A LINO_IDIOT*******************************************

As per my GNU year's resolution, I'm ignoring this obvious shit-headed
troll.

Post by Peter Geraki » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 06:05:32

> ****POST BY A LINO_IDIOT*******************************************

> I normally take a stock Redhat install and munge it all out of
> proportion. I've taken 8.0 and now have several differrent things from
> Rawhide, SuSE and Mandrake intermingled, and in some case, replacing
> important aspects. I also have tarballs from all over the place. I've
> managed to force it all together into a nice, stable, secure machine.

> I just download what I want and try to install/upgrade. When that
> doesn't work, I get the things I'm told need to be changed. I keep
> doing this until it all gives up and does what I told it to do. As a
> final test, I reboot to see if anything still works. I'm usually
> pleasantly surprised!

> I'd never dream of doing this on a machine that was important. But this
> is my own desktop machine, and I can afford to destroy it if it comes
> to that. Still, I've only really messed things up badly a couple of times. The
> worst that usually happens is something stops working. For instance, my
> gnome-panel does nothing but crash right now. That's fine since I don't use
> gnome for other than a few apps and to supply libraries that some other things
> want.
> --
> Windows: Pay more, expect less.

> *********END POST BY LINO_IDIOT**************************************

> Can you believe this shit?

> It takes 5 different Linux distributions to satisfy the common Lino_DORK....

> Anna says, Linux is a waste of time,.

> This idiot proves it beyond the shadow of a doubt.

> Anna Banger.

Okay, Anna, your comments here tend to anger me a bit.  I do not
consider myself a Lino_DORK/IDIOT/whatever.  I use Linux on my home
x86 machine because I can not stand Windows, it does not allow me to
do what I want.  It is not the right tool for the jobs I wish to do.
What you have dubbed as a LINO_IDIOT is in reality not the majority
(which you would lead a reader to believe) of Linux users.  This user
is a hobbyist who enjoys using Linux because it can be ultimately
customized and improved for whatever he wants to do with it.  With
Windows you are not allowed to get the latest betas and play around
with your taskbar, as this user has done with his Gnome bar.  Also, if
it screws up in Windows, as his has done in Linux, you can not go and
fix the code that <i>you the user</i> screwed up.  In Windows when the
taskbar screws up, it is faulty code from Microsoft which will most
likely never be fixed, whereas the user who screwed up his Gnome bar
is one of only a few users with a screwed up Gnome bar.

Quote:> Windows: Pay more, expect less.

Why Linux Sucks... Check out this complete idiot................

Post by Chris Hoda » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 07:48:14

[sigh]
Oh, the futility.

PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!

Why Linux Sucks... Check out this complete idiot................

Post by Peter K?hlman » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 11:23:49

< nothing >

Hi flatfish
--
begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.TXT.VBS
I am an email virus. ILOVEYOU. Download me

Why Linux Sucks... Check out this complete idiot................

Post by Unk » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 21:19:34

Stop crossposting to alt.locksmithing!

Unk

Quote:>****POST BY A LINO_IDIOT*******************************************

<snip>

Post by Mark » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 21:29:07

>snip

Whats alt.locksmithing got to do with Linux?
I'm using Linux. Just think of it as a way of stoping software piracy
and get on with life.

Post by Jim » Mon, 06 Jan 2003 00:40:26

>Garbage.

Just like all of your posts, at least he/she had a vocabulary better
than your three word ever boring stuck in the stone age vocabulary.

Now we can all call you a cross posting troll since you replied to an
already cross posted one, just to give a taste of your own shit.

Now * off.

Post by Mark » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 11:04:18

>>Garbage.

>Just like all of your posts, at least he/she had a vocabulary better
>than your three word ever boring stuck in the stone age vocabulary.

>Now we can all call you a cross posting troll since you replied to an
>already cross posted one, just to give a taste of your own shit.

>Now * off.

And you have such a command of the typed text?

Post by Jim » Mon, 06 Jan 2003 04:50:29

>>>Garbage.

>>Just like all of your posts, at least he/she had a vocabulary better
>>than your three word ever boring stuck in the stone age vocabulary.

>>Now we can all call you a cross posting troll since you replied to an
>>already cross posted one, just to give a taste of your own shit.

>>Now * off.
>And you have such a command of the typed text?

Yes, get used to it.

Feel free to * off too.

Linux is secure and safe?

Visit here.

http://www.veryComputer.com/
http://www.veryComputer.com/
http://www.veryComputer.com/
http://www.veryComputer.com/
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Post by Billy O'Conno » Mon, 06 Jan 2003 09:01:41

> >And you have such a command of the typed text?

> Yes, get used to it.

No, *you* get used to *this*:
<plonk>

--
Billy O'Connor
Editor, Beyond Linux From Scratch   http://beyond.linuxfromscratch.org

Post by GreyClou » Mon, 06 Jan 2003 21:59:46

> >Garbage.

> Just like all of your posts, at least he/she had a vocabulary better
> than your three word ever boring stuck in the stone age vocabulary.

> Now we can all call you a cross posting troll since you replied to an
> already cross posted one, just to give a taste of your own shit.

> Now * off.

Make me.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  Little billy-butt-crust is having a
fit.
Go lay down in a corner and go* yourself, dog.

Post by GreyClou » Mon, 06 Jan 2003 22:01:15

> Yes, get used to it.

> Feel free to * off too.

Idiot.  Make anybody.
Cross posting jerk.
And you really are helping the linux cause.

1. Why Windows 95 doesn't suck, but Apple duzz : APPLE: pet peeve of idiots

Your two cents isn't worth much, because it is based on ignorance.  There
is nothing stopping Macintosh programs from sending graphics directly to
the monitor, and over the years quite a few Macintosh games have done just
that.  Likewise, there is nothing stopping Macintosh users from formatting
the entire hard drive; Macintosh users do it all the time.

Maybe when you hit high school you'll realize that the MacOS allows
programmers to program down to the bare metal just like DOS does.  In
other words, the only advantage you can dredge up for DOS actually doesn't
exist.

Nathan Tennies
Bootstrap Enterprises Inc

2. Stupid Q I know but, how do I get to change mouseconfig?

3. Why Linux sucks and will always suck.

4. using http://server/username instead of http://server/~username

5. Why linux sucks and why linux is best

7. Idiot; or why not check the obvious first?

8. Nmap reports all UDP ports open: how could it be?

9. Complete idiots guide to linux

10. success!!! from a complete Linux idiot

11. X-windows sucks..sucks...sucks!!!!

12. Kernel update 4 the complete idiot