NEC and Gateway go their own way (InfoWorld Volume 20 Issue22)

NEC and Gateway go their own way (InfoWorld Volume 20 Issue22)

Post by Dave Walke » Tue, 09 Jun 1998 04:00:00

In a sidebar to an article about the DOJ/State's AG's action against

Quote:Microsoft, Dan Briody writes:

"Other system providers aren't ready to stray from the Microsoft fold. Dell
Computer offers Internet Explorer as its default browser, and charges an
extra fee for installation of the Netscape Navigator browser, even though
Netscape Navigator is a free product.

When asked whether it would offer a level playing field for the two
browsers, one Dell official said, "We can't speculate on what we will do
down the road."

 Well, Dell, speculate on this; my company's six aging Dell 486's are about
to be replaced by ANYTHING BUT A DELL PRODUCT!! Gateway looks to be a good
choice.

Thanks for your MS kowtowing; it carries no weight here, and clues me in to
your priorities!

Dave Walker
Systems Administrator/Programmer/One-man-MIS-Dept