Oppose the SSSCA (government policeware on your PC)

Oppose the SSSCA (government policeware on your PC)

Post by Ado Zel » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 18:27:21

Hi,

There is an online petition:

   "Oppose the SSSCA (government policeware on your PC)"

hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition
service, at:

   http://www.PetitionOnline.com/SSSCA/

I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might
agree, too.  If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and
consider signing yourself.

Best wishes,

Ado Zelig

Oppose the SSSCA (government policeware on your PC)

Post by Jettero Helle » Thu, 04 Oct 2001 01:16:10

Hi Ado,

Signed it last week. I completely agree with the petition. I doubt
that there are many people here who would possibly think that having
everything from our Walkman's to Floppy Drives having government
approved security factors could possible improve our lives or freedoms
at all. By all means go ahead and read it this.

And then go sign it the petition.

Quote:>Hi,

>There is an online petition:

>   "Oppose the SSSCA (government policeware on your PC)"

>hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition
>service, at:

>   http://www.PetitionOnline.com/SSSCA/

>I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might
>agree, too.  If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and
>consider signing yourself.

>Best wishes,

>Ado Zelig

1. Wondering about Micros~1 position on the SSSCA?

"Every single device has to be secure," said Darko Kirovski, a researcher
studying watermarking and security technologies at Microsoft Research. "If
one device is not secure, then this (digital content protection) doesn't
work."

http://news.com.com/2100-1023-867270.html

Hopefully he was just pointing out how ridiculous the whole proposition
is, but that's not how I'm taking it.

2. Strange IOCTLs

3. SSSCA

4. General questions about redhat 7 in a dual boot machine

5. SSSCA Hits the Senate

6. what is a core file?

7. SSSCA Bill arrived in the Senate yesterday

8. hme and full duplex: bad idea?!?

9. SSSCA: We're in trouble now

10. SSSCA -- How much to worry?

11. SSSCA: Sharing Is Bad?

12. Please read about & petition SSSCA -- Picture a future where distributing Linux is a crime punishable.......

13. [Fwd: EFFector 15.07: ALERT: Back Intel against SSSCA; case updates]