Is this a sick joke?

Post by Nobod » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 22:01:14

Resources for Migrating from Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP to Windows, IIS, SQL, and ASP
http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/migration/

There is a step-in-the-wrong-direction!!
What next, Resources for Migrating from a Rolls Royce to a Ford Pinto?

Is this a sick joke?

Post by d2002x » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 22:36:42

> Resources for Migrating from Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP to Windows, IIS, SQL, and ASP
> http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/migration/

> There is a step-in-the-wrong-direction!!
> What next, Resources for Migrating from a Rolls Royce to a Ford Pinto?

It's the last struggle of a dying loser!! Not a joke at all!! Don't you have any
sympathy?  Please... let's pray for it.. amen.

                      http://www.usenet.com

Is this a sick joke?

Post by kerk » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 23:42:36

Quote:> Resources for Migrating from Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP to Windows, IIS, SQL,
and ASP
> http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/migration/

> There is a step-in-the-wrong-direction!!
> What next, Resources for Migrating from a Rolls Royce to a Ford Pinto?

Rolls Royce is not a loose gang of software coding hippies and Ford is a
respectable american car manufacturer. The link points to a very good
document that allows pot-smoking Linux hippies to grow up and enter the
corporate IT world to earn a decent living.

Is this a sick joke?

Post by Matthew Metnetsk » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 23:54:30

> Resources for Migrating from Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP to Windows, IIS, SQL,
> and ASP http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/migration/

> There is a step-in-the-wrong-direction!!
> What next, Resources for Migrating from a Rolls Royce to a Ford Pinto?

Would appear pretty sad.

Is this a sick joke?

Post by GreyClou » Mon, 11 Nov 2002 00:50:07

> > Resources for Migrating from Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP to Windows, IIS, SQL,
> and ASP
> > http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/migration/

> > There is a step-in-the-wrong-direction!!
> > What next, Resources for Migrating from a Rolls Royce to a Ford Pinto?

> Rolls Royce is not a loose gang of software coding hippies and Ford is a
> respectable american car manufacturer. The link points to a very good
> document that allows pot-smoking Linux hippies to grow up and enter the
> corporate IT world to earn a decent living.

And I suppose that IBM corp. is a bunch of pot smoking
hippies??
Get a life luser.

Is this a sick joke?

Post by d2002x » Mon, 11 Nov 2002 01:05:09

>> Resources for Migrating from Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP to Windows, IIS, SQL,
> and ASP
>> http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/migration/

>> There is a step-in-the-wrong-direction!!
>> What next, Resources for Migrating from a Rolls Royce to a Ford Pinto?

> Rolls Royce is not a loose gang of software coding hippies and Ford is a
> respectable american car manufacturer.

Undeveloped nationalist.....

Quote:> The link points to a very good document that allows pot-smoking Linux hippies
> to grow up and enter the corporate IT world to earn a decent living.

Can Windows run on 64-bits platforma other than IA64? Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

                      http://www.usenet.com

Is this a sick joke?

Post by rapska » Mon, 11 Nov 2002 01:08:48

Error log for Sat, 09 Nov 2002 16:42:36 +0000, segfault in module "kerke":
dump details are as follows...

>> Resources for Migrating from Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP to Windows, IIS,
>> SQL,
> and ASP
>> http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/migration/

>> There is a step-in-the-wrong-direction!! What next, Resources for
>> Migrating from a Rolls Royce to a Ford Pinto?

> Rolls Royce is not a loose gang of software coding hippies and Ford is a
> respectable american car manufacturer. The link points to a very good
> document that allows pot-smoking Linux hippies to grow up and enter the
> corporate IT world to earn a decent living.

GTFU

--
rapskat -   6:08pm  up 6 days,  9:19,  2 users,  load average: 0.55, 0.17, 0.05
Running LGX - Linux + GNU + XFree86: Gentoo flavored

It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better
still to be a live lion.  And usually easier.
                -- Lazarus Long

Is this a sick joke?

Post by Jeff » Mon, 11 Nov 2002 03:23:17

> Resources for Migrating from Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP to Windows, IIS,
> SQL, and ASP http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/migration/

> There is a step-in-the-wrong-direction!! What next, Resources for
> Migrating from a Rolls Royce to a Ford Pinto?

This is about as funny as when our Unix guys at work got a NAS cluster
runinng Win2k and Unix Service thrown at them at work to replace an
existing NFS storage solution. After 3 weeks of me trying to get it setup
they went out and replaced it with a NetApp. The problem with Microsoft
solutions is that they are not flexiable and also it seems like the people
designing the software have never administrated or setup a network in
their lives!

Is this a sick joke?

Post by Matthew Baulc » Mon, 11 Nov 2002 04:56:01

Quote:> What next, Resources for Migrating from a Rolls Royce to a Ford Pinto?

I hope so. Rolls Royce's have barely changed since the early '80s so I
think that that migration would be benificial.

Is this a sick joke?

Post by Matthew Baulc » Mon, 11 Nov 2002 04:59:50

Quote:> Rolls Royce is not a loose gang of software coding hippies and Ford is a
> respectable american car manufacturer. The link points to a very good
> document that allows pot-smoking Linux hippies to grow up and enter the
> corporate IT world to earn a decent living.

Where I come from, Ford are in real trouble. Their AU falcon is a mess
which ships standard with rear leaf springs and guards that sit behind the
alloys to hide the disc brakes and where one of the last (here) to
introduce DOHC. Ford obviously don't have a clue when it comes to designing
vehicles that people can ENJOY.

Is this a sick joke?

Post by alt » Mon, 11 Nov 2002 05:56:31

On Saturday 09 November 2002 19:23, Jeff had a brain fart:

>> Resources for Migrating from Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP to Windows,
>> IIS, SQL, and ASP
>> http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/migration/

>> There is a step-in-the-wrong-direction!! What next, Resources for
>> Migrating from a Rolls Royce to a Ford Pinto?

> This is about as funny as when our Unix guys at work got a NAS
> cluster runinng Win2k and Unix Service thrown at them at work to
> replace an existing NFS storage solution. After 3 weeks of me trying
> to get it setup they went out and replaced it with a NetApp. The
> problem with Microsoft solutions is that they are not flexiable and
> also it seems like the people designing the software have never
> administrated or setup a network in their lives!

You're right! Most, if not all, of them haven't!

When you're using a Microsoft solution, you cannot think outside of
the "Microsoft Box". It breaks software.

--
Donovan Hill
Linux: Because you can!

Is this a sick joke?

Post by alt » Mon, 11 Nov 2002 07:38:52

On Saturday 09 November 2002 14:01, Nobody had a brain fart:

Quote:> Resources for Migrating from Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP to Windows, IIS,
> SQL, and ASP http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/migration/

Why would I want to go from an OSS Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP solution to
a MS-Windows-IIS-MS-SQL-ASP solution? Here's why not:

1. Security: IIS Is known to have many security holes. The worst
security hole as of late for LAMP is the SSL bug, which has been
fixed.

2. Stability: MS products have a bad habit of crashing. Linux users
will attest to their systems not crashing. (Users like me).

3. Cost: MS Products are overpriced. At $1000 for a Server version of
the MS-Windows OS, that becomes half the cost of the system. OTOH,
Linux is free (as in beer and as in libre). Also, the TCO is linux
has proven to be lower than MS Products by up to 40%. (You've seen
all the reports. I'm not going to dig through and post them again.)

4. License: MS' Licensing is restrictive. The GPL allows me to make
any changes to the system and use it wherever I feel. It also doesn't
encumber me if the vendor want's to change the relationship with me.
They can, and if I don't like it, I can go somewhere else.
Conversely, the MS EULA lets them change their relationship with you
whenever it is convenient for them, at your detriment. (Can anyone
say "Microsoft Licensing 6.0"?) And if you don't like it? Bend over
and take it like a man!

5. Source Code: Are you a big Fortune 500 company? No. Then MS won't
share anything with you (This may have changed with the "Shared
Source" initiative). OSS/GNU-Linux is wide open for you to review
code and tweak or fix if needed. All we ask is that if you have
improved the code to put the improvement back into the public domain.

Quote:

> There is a step-in-the-wrong-direction!!
> What next, Resources for Migrating from a Rolls Royce to a Ford
> Pinto?

Again... the car model breaks down :\

It's be more like paying for a Rolls Royce, but its actually a Rolls
Royce body that's been grafted onto the chassis of a Ford Pinto. It
looks nice, but underneath, it's a lemon.

--
Donovan Hill
Linux: Because you can!
All rise for the Microsoft Anthem: "BAAAA!"
"Micheal, I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing and it was
everything that I thought it could be." - Peter, Office Space

Is this a sick joke?

Post by Handover Phis » Mon, 11 Nov 2002 10:00:48

To obtain enlightnment,rapskat spewed thusly
of Re: Is this a sick joke?:

> Error log for Sat, 09 Nov 2002 16:42:36 +0000, segfault in module "kerke":
> dump details are as follows...

>>> Resources for Migrating from Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP to Windows, IIS,
>>> SQL,
>> and ASP
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/migration/

>>> There is a step-in-the-wrong-direction!! What next, Resources for
>>> Migrating from a Rolls Royce to a Ford Pinto?

>> Rolls Royce is not a loose gang of software coding hippies and Ford is a
>> respectable american car manufacturer. The link points to a very good
>> document that allows pot-smoking Linux hippies to grow up and enter the
>> corporate IT world to earn a decent living.

> GTFU

Sat Nov  9 11:25:01 ~># wtf is GTFU
Gee...  I don't know what GTFU means...
Sat Nov  9 11:41:29 ~>#

--
Fri Sep  6 01:08:43 ~># fortune
The only really decent thing to do behind a person's back is pat it.

Is this a sick joke?

Post by Matthew Gardine » Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:24:39

> > Resources for Migrating from Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP to Windows, IIS, SQL,
> and ASP
> > http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/migration/

> > There is a step-in-the-wrong-direction!!
> > What next, Resources for Migrating from a Rolls Royce to a Ford Pinto?

> Rolls Royce is not a loose gang of software coding hippies and Ford is a
> respectable american car manufacturer. The link points to a very good
> document that allows pot-smoking Linux hippies to grow up and enter the
> corporate IT world to earn a decent living.

Ford was also started by one of the American NAZI parties highest profile
proponents of the US supporting Hitlers "final solution".  So lets compare;
Rolls Royce, a respectable company designing cars for people who enjoy the
finer things in life. Ford, for those too poor or too cheap to get a nice car.

Matthew Gardiner

Is this a sick joke?

Post by Matt » Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:34:42

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002 at 09:24 GMT, Matthew Gardiner
spilled his alphabet soup on the floor, and the letters spelled:

>> > Resources for Migrating from Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP to Windows, IIS, SQL,
>> and ASP
>> > http://www.veryComputer.com/

>> > There is a step-in-the-wrong-direction!!
>> > What next, Resources for Migrating from a Rolls Royce to a Ford Pinto?

>> Rolls Royce is not a loose gang of software coding hippies and Ford is a
>> respectable american car manufacturer. The link points to a very good
>> document that allows pot-smoking Linux hippies to grow up and enter the
>> corporate IT world to earn a decent living.

> Ford was also started by one of the American NAZI parties highest profile
> proponents of the US supporting Hitlers "final solution".  So lets compare;
> Rolls Royce, a respectable company designing cars for people who enjoy the
> finer things in life. Ford, for those too poor or too cheap to get a nice car.

> Matthew Gardiner

Well Henry Ford might not have been a Nazi, per se, but he is one of the
biggest anti-semites America has ever seen.  He was a chief distributor
of a document called "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion," a document
which was supposedly written by the a group of Jewish bankers, who had
plans to control the world's economy.  IIRC, it was originally shown to
the public in a newspaper that Ford himself owned or was otherwise
affiliated with.

I would love to hear more about this story firsthand, as it is very
tragic, yet fascinating.  I bring this up because I believe we have
amongst out members here someone who may himself have been invovled in
spreading this Propoganda back during the 1920's.

Pookybug, would you care too tell us more you old *ed up bastard?

--
Matt