Why the fsck ...

Why the fsck ...

Post by hbar » Sun, 01 Dec 2002 18:21:30



In the
begin  ing:

Why the fsck do Linux advocates keep responding to the likes of Erik
and Simon? We all know they are nothing but liars spreading MS FUD.

 
 
 

Why the fsck ...

Post by Ian Hasti » Sun, 01 Dec 2002 21:21:27




Quote:> In the
> begin  ing:

> Why the fsck do Linux advocates keep responding to the likes of Erik
> and Simon? We all know they are nothing but liars spreading MS FUD.

The obvious reason, really.  Unchallenged assertions can become accepted
as fact whether they are true or not.  BTW, it's all very well to claim
that no one cares what is said on Usenet.  However it is plain that
someone disagrees as the FUDders wouldn't be here otherwise.

--
Ian.

EOM

 
 
 

Why the fsck ...

Post by Sinister Midge » Sun, 01 Dec 2002 21:35:11



begin  response.txt

Quote:> In the
> begin  ing:

> Why the fsck do Linux advocates keep responding to the likes of Erik
> and Simon? We all know they are nothing but liars spreading MS FUD.

Ewik is too dumb for me to bother with. Simon is fun because he thinks
he's smart and keeps getting creamed by respondents. I enjoy the
opportunity he proffers to make him jump up and down with anger,
whether I get to make him dance or someone else jumps on the
invitation.

end

--
"Hello, Microsoft Support. May I ask which version of CodeRed
you're running?"

 
 
 

Why the fsck ...

Post by Handover Phis » Sun, 01 Dec 2002 23:06:13


To obtain enlightnment,hbar spewed thusly
of Why the fsck ...:

Quote:> In the
> begin  ing:

> Why the fsck do Linux advocates keep responding to the likes of Erik
> and Simon? We all know they are nothing but liars spreading MS FUD.

Got me. I shitcanned them awhile back, but most folks here are just
arguing with them instead of having any sort of meaningful conversation.
Haven't seen Rappy around in awhile either, anyone seen him?

--
Fri Sep  6 01:08:43 ~># fortune
The only really decent thing to do behind a person's back is pat it.

 
 
 

Why the fsck ...

Post by Simon Cook » Mon, 02 Dec 2002 00:01:53



Quote:> In the
> Why the fsck do Linux advocates keep responding to the likes of Erik
> and Simon? We all know they are nothing but liars spreading MS FUD.

No, I'm not a liar. However, some of the Linux advocates are.

Simon

 
 
 

Why the fsck ...

Post by Simon Cook » Mon, 02 Dec 2002 00:02:13





>> In the
>> begin  ing:

>> Why the fsck do Linux advocates keep responding to the likes of Erik
>> and Simon? We all know they are nothing but liars spreading MS FUD.

> The obvious reason, really.  Unchallenged assertions can become
> accepted as fact whether they are true or not.  BTW, it's all very
> well to claim that no one cares what is said on Usenet.  However it
> is plain that someone disagrees as the FUDders wouldn't be here
> otherwise.

Which is exactly why we post here.

Isn't that sad?

Simon

 
 
 

Why the fsck ...

Post by d2002x » Mon, 02 Dec 2002 10:02:26



Quote:> In the
> begin  ing:

> Why the fsck do Linux advocates keep responding to the likes of Erik
> and Simon? We all know they are nothing but liars spreading MS FUD.

They don't spread M$ FUD, but show us how stupid those windows users are.

--
d2002xx
retired COLA wintroll-feeder #1

 
 
 

Why the fsck ...

Post by cybea » Mon, 02 Dec 2002 02:39:42






>>> In the
>>> begin  ing:

>>> Why the fsck do Linux advocates keep responding to the likes of Erik
>>> and Simon? We all know they are nothing but liars spreading MS FUD.

>> The obvious reason, really.  Unchallenged assertions can become
>> accepted as fact whether they are true or not.  BTW, it's all very
>> well to claim that no one cares what is said on Usenet.  However it
>> is plain that someone disagrees as the FUDders wouldn't be here
>> otherwise.

> Which is exactly why we post here.

> Isn't that sad?

> Simon

HaHaHA! And you say you are not a liar! What a joke!
 
 
 

Why the fsck ...

Post by GreyClou » Sun, 01 Dec 2002 15:05:07



> In the
> begin  ing:

> Why the fsck do Linux advocates keep responding to the likes of Erik
> and Simon? We all know they are nothing but liars spreading MS FUD.

Keeps my electric cattle prod exercised.
 
 
 

Why the fsck ...

Post by d2002x » Mon, 02 Dec 2002 11:33:09




>> In the
>> Why the fsck do Linux advocates keep responding to the likes of Erik
>> and Simon? We all know they are nothing but liars spreading MS FUD.

> No, I'm not a liar.

Agree. :-)

Quote:> However, some of the Linux advocates are.

Prove it (since you're not a liar).

Quote:

> Simon

--
d2002xx
retired COLA wintroll-feeder #1
 
 
 

Why the fsck ...

Post by Simon Cook » Mon, 02 Dec 2002 04:04:06







>>>> In the
>>>> begin  ing:

>>>> Why the fsck do Linux advocates keep responding to the likes of
>>>> Erik and Simon? We all know they are nothing but liars spreading
>>>> MS FUD.

>>> The obvious reason, really.  Unchallenged assertions can become
>>> accepted as fact whether they are true or not.  BTW, it's all very
>>> well to claim that no one cares what is said on Usenet.  However it
>>> is plain that someone disagrees as the FUDders wouldn't be here
>>> otherwise.

>> Which is exactly why we post here.

>> Isn't that sad?

>> Simon

> HaHaHA! And you say you are not a liar! What a joke!

Laugh all you like; but it's the truth.

Maybe not from your perspective, but hey, whoever said that you had to
be objective?

Oh, and btw: I'm finally getting the idea of how to handle newsgroups
without losing my cool. Ergo, you're now in my killfile. G'bye.

 
 
 

Why the fsck ...

Post by Lin?nu » Mon, 02 Dec 2002 04:41:55


After rebooting Windows, Handover Phist mumbled:

Quote:> To obtain enlightnment,hbar spewed thusly
> of Why the fsck ...:
>> In the
>> begin  ing:

>> Why the fsck do Linux advocates keep responding to the likes of Erik
>> and Simon? We all know they are nothing but liars spreading MS FUD.

> Got me. I shitcanned them awhile back, but most folks here are just
> arguing with them instead of having any sort of meaningful conversation.
> Haven't seen Rappy around in awhile either, anyone seen him?

He's either saving for Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanzaa/DruidGod, or starting
his own business using open-source tools.

Chris

--
Microsoft... bringing the desktop mindset to the server world.

 
 
 

Why the fsck ...

Post by Jason Cuttin » Mon, 02 Dec 2002 05:06:10



> After rebooting Windows, Handover Phist mumbled:

>> To obtain enlightnment,hbar spewed thusly
>> of Why the fsck ...:
>>> In the
>>> begin  ing:

>>> Why the fsck do Linux advocates keep responding to the likes of Erik
>>> and Simon? We all know they are nothing but liars spreading MS FUD.

>> Got me. I shitcanned them awhile back, but most folks here are just
>> arguing with them instead of having any sort of meaningful conversation.
>> Haven't seen Rappy around in awhile either, anyone seen him?

> He's either saving for Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanzaa/DruidGod, or starting
> his own business using open-source tools.

> Chris

He was talking about it with me since I run a business much like the one
he wants to. Besta luck to the guy.

--
Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in
the milk.
                -- Thoreau

 
 
 

Why the fsck ...

Post by Peter Jens » Mon, 02 Dec 2002 13:12:45


begin  Message from Simon Cooke.txt.vbs

Quote:>> In the
>> Why the fsck do Linux advocates keep responding to the likes of Erik
>> and Simon? We all know they are nothing but liars spreading MS FUD.

> No, I'm not a liar. However, some of the Linux advocates are.

No, you *never* lie, do you? How about the time when you claimed that I
abused crack? Or had you forgotten? I would call that a rather large lie!


I'm still waiting for an apology, but I won't be holding my breath ...

I rest my case.

end
--
PeKaJe

 
 
 

Why the fsck ...

Post by Simon Cook » Mon, 02 Dec 2002 13:23:48


I'm sorry.. I couldn't be bothered doing the Message Source thing to
read your post. I'm sure you'll repost your message in a form that can
be easily read if you actually want a response.

Simon

 
 
 

1. Q: Why does fsck not fix my bad links in step 5

I run fsck with multiple options and it does not seem to want to fix
unreferenced files, or empty files in phase 5.

I also get NO SYNC (REBOOT), but using the -n option does not rebbot.

I have an EAFS filesystem. Maybe -b doesn't work with that. what do I do.
This is not a major problam, I think. There are no other problems.
--
My home page is http://www.li.net/~gsa/gsa_page.htm

2. Help: mknod permission denied for file manager

3. Why does fsck.ext2 not work from a util disk?

4. Mounting floppy disks on AIX

5. fsck fsck fsck say I

6. dhcp works with Mdk 6.1 but NOT with Mdk 7.2

7. iptables and https

8. Help! Why does fsck say root device already mounted after kernel build?

9. "On the next boot fsck will be FORCED" Sure :-) but why *not* ??

10. Why Does mountall Require that You Run fsck Manually?

11. Why does my e2fs always fsck bad?

12. fsck - why would it rename my HD?