Linux sucks - why???

Linux sucks - why???

Post by Spam Me » Tue, 15 Apr 2003 19:45:25



The subject line has probably got the attention of all resident
wintrolls of this newsgroup. Now, let's get down to business:

Why are you, wintrolls, are here ?

IF windows is SOOOO superior to Linux and you are so happy
about it, then why bother spending your time here littering
this newsgroup with all your lies, FUD and crazy concocted
stories about nonexistent Linux problems?

And don't give me the *about wanting to save other poor
souls who might try Linux unless you scare them off here!
If windows is soo good, and it has 99+% desktop market,
then sure you do not need to go into so much trouble for that
less-than-a-percent adventure loving populus who might
try out Linux. Anyway, even if they try they should see how
bad it is without your warning, shouldn't they ?

So, why don't you take a hike and leave this NG alone for
the linux advocates ?

--
Windows is like yesterday's newspaper:
Good for wrapping up dead Flatfish,
then laying down for lower animals to shit on

 
 
 

Linux sucks - why???

Post by Me » Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:01:54


:The subject line has probably got the attention of all resident
:wintrolls of this newsgroup. Now, let's get down to business:
:
:Why are you, wintrolls, are here ?

Not everyone posts here with an intention of trolling some people are
studying using Linux, doing projects on it but are still not able to
understand what is it that makes working on Linux so difficult.

That is why some post here with an intention of understanding the
views of the Linux advocates, and also understand why it is wrong to
expect Linux to do every thing that Windows can. Eg. Understand why
Linux cannot be used to play most of the games that can be played
under windows .

etc. etc. etc. .............
A lot more could continue......

 
 
 

Linux sucks - why???

Post by Peter Jense » Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:29:14



> Why are you, wintrolls, are here ?

They're here to provide entertainment, perhaps? The amusing trolls are
one of the reasons I keep COLA in my regular list of newsgroups :-)

Quote:> IF windows is SOOOO superior to Linux and you are so happy about it,
> then why bother spending your time here littering this newsgroup with
> all your lies, FUD and crazy concocted stories about nonexistent Linux
> problems?

Is that a rhetorical question? I think we all know the answer to that
one ...

Quote:> So, why don't you take a hike and leave this NG alone for the linux
> advocates ?

Do you have any idea how dull this group will be then? All good news is
fun to
begin   with, but if you have nothing to contrast it to, then it gets
boring. In the
end
the market position of the respective OSes will probably not be affected
by any advocacy newsgroup.

Remeber that this group was founded to draw the trolls away from the
"real" Linux newsgroups. COLA is essentially a dumping ground for trolls
and nutters of all kinds (as shown in all the OT war posts, and assorted
rantings from Charlie).

--
PeKaJe

Today's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why.
                -- Hunter S. Thompson

 
 
 

Linux sucks - why???

Post by gduk » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 01:38:23




> :The subject line has probably got the attention of all resident
> :wintrolls of this newsgroup. Now, let's get down to business:
> :
> :Why are you, wintrolls, are here ?

> Not everyone posts here with an intention of trolling

But many do.  And they are the one's mainly to blame for the itchy trigger
fingers of some of the groups "older" members.  THEY are most responsible
for any harm caused the legitimate reader/posters that you describe below.

Quote:> some people are
> studying using Linux, doing projects on it but are still not able to
> understand what is it that makes working on Linux so difficult.

Or understand what a loaded question is?  You see, by asking the question
in this way you imply off the bat that linux is difficult.  "Is Linux
difficult" or "Why have I heard Linux is difficult" avoid this
implication.  I'm sure sometimes it is harmless enough, but many times it
clearly is not.  

Quote:> That is why some post here with an intention of understanding the
> views of the Linux advocates, and also understand why it is wrong to
> expect Linux to do every thing that Windows can.

This is "fair use".  But they cross the line once they advocate Windows
OVER Linux.  That is not the purpose of this group, and they should expect
to get flamed for such behavior.  Notice I didn't say banned, or
harrassed. But flamed, yes.  Anyone who "walks" into C.O.Linux.A and
bashes Linux should EXPECT to get flamed.  This is fair enough.

Quote:> Eg. Understand why
> Linux cannot be used to play most of the games that can be played
> under windows .

I can answer this one.  They should leave the newsgroup and go get pen and
paper.  They should then write the companies that produce their favorite
games, and include the receipts for all of the Windows versions they have
purchased to date.  They should say that they will buy no more until Linux
versions are available.

Quote:> etc. etc. etc. .............
> A lot more could continue......

Please do.  I have no problem answering *honest* questions about Linux and
the unique situation the new linux user finds themself in.  However,
loaded questions are rude and will be met with rudeness by many (although
I think most would agree I am one of the more indulgent posters in
here...I will suffer a little to give someone time to prove their good
intentions).
 
 
 

Linux sucks - why???

Post by linuxfu » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 01:41:31


**** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****



> :The subject line has probably got the attention of all resident
> :wintrolls of this newsgroup. Now, let's get down to business:
> :
> :Why are you, wintrolls, are here ?

> Not everyone posts here with an intention of trolling some people
> are studying using Linux, doing projects on it but are still not
> able to understand what is it that makes working on Linux so
> difficult.

Because your IQ is too low.

Quote:

> That is why some post here with an intention of understanding the
> views of the Linux advocates, and also understand why it is wrong to
> expect Linux to do every thing that Windows can.  Eg. Understand why
> Linux cannot be used to play most of the games that can be played
> under windows .

Because it's "linux", not "windows". Can't you even understand the two
OSes are *DIFFERENT*? Are you a pig or something?

Quote:

> etc. etc. etc. .............
> A lot more could continue......

moron.. <sigh>

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 *** Usenet.com - The #1 Usenet Newsgroup Service on The Planet! ***
                      http://www.usenet.com
Unlimited Download - 19 Seperate Servers - 90,000 groups - Uncensored
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

 
 
 

Linux sucks - why???

Post by Mr. Berserk » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 03:01:31



> The subject line has probably got the attention of all resident
> wintrolls of this newsgroup. Now, let's get down to business:

> Why are you, wintrolls, are here ?

> IF windows is SOOOO superior to Linux and you are so happy
> about it, then why bother spending your time here littering
> this newsgroup with all your lies, FUD and crazy concocted
> stories about nonexistent Linux problems?

Because they are paid to be here. Here's an example, Pete Goodwin,
also known as "Two NIC":

-->8--












> >> >> > No response from Goodwin. After five-some some replies I finally
> >> >> > got through his thick skull...

> >> >> No, I saw no point talking to someone with his head in the sand
> >> >> and his mind firmly closed.

> >> > Ah, but would you quit saying 'take off your rose tinted glasses'
> >> > and actually present an argument? I presume news reports such as
> >> > M$'s filing with the SEC on the impact of open source upon their
> >> > business is a total made up falsehood. Just like the half dozen
> >> > bits of bad news for M$ that come every day...

> >> Actually since I didn't say 'take off your rose tinted glasses' this
> >> time, your point, like all your posts, is moot.
> 1>
> > You said something of the same meaning: Linux is 'inconsequential'
> > (despite Steve "Fester" Ballmer flitting to Munich to make another
> > futile attempt to stop it) and the worry I perceive in M$ (such as
> > their SEC filing) is some dream. Well, sorry buddy, the SEC filing was
> > as real as the earth that my house is built upon, as well as Fester's
> > trip to Munich (which proves, logically, that Linux has M$ worried,
> > and with good reason) Keep on repeating that pitiful
> > "slow growth" value; you might believe it, but it still won't be true.

> But that's the whole point - it _IS_ true, and it won't make the
> slightest bit of difference whatever you quote!

Really? Care to demonstrate it? If Linux is so inconsequential, why
are M$'s undies so in a knot? Regardless of the percentage, they still
are obviously afraid. Why?

Quote:

> >> > I imagine that all the Apollo hardware and software users ignored
> >> > Unix until the very end when Hewlett Packard put Apollo out of
> >> > their misery in '89. This battle was *extremely* uphill, Unix
> >> > having no advantage at any point, but was nonetheless won. I think
> >> > it's time YOU woke up. M$'s filing as well as unnumbered other
> >> > reports every day are signs of the times. Even His Billness has
> >> > woken up to it.

> >> I'm wide awake, baby, and I'm coasting along merrily with Windows XP
> >> quite happily.

Then post to c.o.m.a.

Quote:

> > Then tell Dear Old Bill and his croney, Fester, not to worry about
> > Linux, as it is so 'inconsequential' to M$. They don't really NEED to
> > flit around to all these countries, huh, given that we 'make no mark
> > on them'? But why do they?

> Why ask me, you seem to think you know all the answers.

No, I don't know all the answers; the beating around the bush in
previous posts (like "why would they listen to a foreigner") was
pretty slick, but it won't save you. Why have M$ issued their TOP
EXECUTIVE to Munich to defeat 'inconsequential' Linux? Clearly Greasy
Balmer is worried.

Quote:

> > And would you answer this question: what are you doing here in the
> > first place? I discredited your 'constructive criticism' remark (post
> > a bug report instead of whining about how KNode and Konqueror crash
> > and act buggy here, we are not maintainers), so don't start with that
> > again.

> You discredited me? Hardly!

Well, let's review: you claimed once you were here for constructive
criticism. You are a proven troll. You are not a constructive critic.
Why complain about KDE apps? It won't do anything. Post a bug report
and quit whining.

Quote:

> > Are you just afraid to admit that you are a Wintroll making a
> > lame damage control attempt? If so, then would you just send yourself
> > to c.o.m.a. where you belong?

> Nah, I think I'll stay right here and watch you guys beat yourselves
> senseless.

Yup, Balmer is still lining your pockets and your colon.
-->8--

In the thread that I had argued with him in, he plays the card of
beating around the bush at any chance he gets. He loves to claim that
Linux is of no consequence to Crimosoft despite Balmer's appearance in
Muenchen to prevent Linux. What is really amazing about these Winkooks
is that (apparently) they have more certainty in Microsloth's future
than CEO Fester Balmer and Chairman Bauglir Gates do.

 
 
 

Linux sucks - why???

Post by Freerid » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 03:21:58




> :The subject line has probably got the attention of all resident
> :wintrolls of this newsgroup. Now, let's get down to business:
> :
> :Why are you, wintrolls, are here ?

> Not everyone posts here with an intention of trolling some people are
> studying using Linux, doing projects on it but are still not able to
> understand what is it that makes working on Linux so difficult.

Some people who come from a Windows only world and only have worked with
Windows for many years, have a extremely difficult time picking up
Linux/Unix. Linux when compare to commercial Unix (AIX, HP-UX, Solaris,
etc ..) and other free Unix OS's (OpenBSD, FreeBSD, etc..) is a really
easy operating system to pick up. When comparing Linux to Windows, Windows
holds a small edge on initial "ease of use". When you compare Linux and
Windows on easy of trouble shooting and to keep up and running, Linux by
far is a easier OS to trouble shoot and keep running smoothly! Of course
this takes a little bit of knowledge of Linux.
 
 
 

Linux sucks - why???

Post by Jim Lasco » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 03:36:46


Quote:

> That is why some post here with an intention of understanding the
> views of the Linux advocates, and also understand why it is wrong to
> expect Linux to do every thing that Windows can. Eg. Understand why
> Linux cannot be used to play most of the games that can be played
> under windows .

> etc. etc. etc. .............
> A lot more could continue......

Bull apples.
The ONLY thing Windows has over Linux at this time IS The Games Hence
Thats the ONLY Reason I have a Windows 2000 Boxen.
Take away the games and what do you have...
Nothing
Jim
 
 
 

Linux sucks - why???

Post by core_dum » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 04:57:06




Quote:> Bull apples.
> The ONLY thing Windows has over Linux at this time IS The Games Hence
> Thats the ONLY Reason I have a Windows 2000 Boxen.
> Take away the games and what do you have...
> Nothing
> Jim

There are some programs (such as PowerDVD and Xnews) which I enjoy over
Linux's selection.

--
-core_dump

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GCS/CC d- s-:+ a--- C+++ UL+ P L++++ E--- W++ N+++ o? K? w(--)
O? M-- V? PS+(---) PE Y+ PGP- t 5? X+ R tv b DI- D+(---) G e h! r--(---)
z--
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

 
 
 

Linux sucks - why???

Post by Simon Cook » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:32:57





>> The subject line has probably got the attention of all resident
>> wintrolls of this newsgroup. Now, let's get down to business:

>> Why are you, wintrolls, are here ?

>> IF windows is SOOOO superior to Linux and you are so happy
>> about it, then why bother spending your time here littering
>> this newsgroup with all your lies, FUD and crazy concocted
>> stories about nonexistent Linux problems?

> Because they are paid to be here. Here's an example, Pete Goodwin,
> also known as "Two NIC":

Interesting claim. And your 'example' doesn't appear to back up your
claim.

Provide proof.
--
Coming Soon: UNSEALED (see IMDB)

 
 
 

Linux sucks - why???

Post by Clem Kadiddlehoppe » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:40:17



Quote:> The subject line has probably got the attention of all resident
> wintrolls of this newsgroup. Now, let's get down to business:

> Why are you, wintrolls, are here ?

> IF windows is SOOOO superior to Linux and you are so happy
> about it, then why bother spending your time here littering
> this newsgroup with all your lies, FUD and crazy concocted
> stories about nonexistent Linux problems?

> And don't give me the *about wanting to save other poor
> souls who might try Linux unless you scare them off here!
> If windows is soo good, and it has 99+% desktop market,
> then sure you do not need to go into so much trouble for that
> less-than-a-percent adventure loving populus who might
> try out Linux. Anyway, even if they try they should see how
> bad it is without your warning, shouldn't they ?

> So, why don't you take a hike and leave this NG alone for
> the linux advocates ?

You made some understandable mistakes.

Wintrolls don't understand conscious thinking, and they're allergic to
logic. You used too much with yer first question. They're still stuck
there tryin' to figger it out.

Wintrolls don't use windose, they just brag about it.

Wintrolls ain't human. I got it on good authority they're all aliens.

Wintrolls ain't human even if they ain't aliens. They're just scripts
masterminded by Bill Gaits and Steve Blammer to sound human.

Wintrolls ain't human even if they ain't aliens or scripts. Ever herd
that AC-DC song "Dirty Deeds Done With Sheep"?

Wintrolls ain't human even if they ain't aliens or scripts or sheep
spawn. They're more like a lost episode of I Love Lucy: artificial, no
entertainment value, and goofy.

I mighta left some out. But they ain't smart enough to leave. If they
was that smart they wouldn't be preachin' windose, now would they?

 
 
 

Linux sucks - why???

Post by Spam Me » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:22:37



> Wintrolls don't understand conscious thinking, and they're allergic to
> logic. You used too much with yer first question. They're still stuck
> there tryin' to figger it out.

Looks like I thought too highly of them... My mistake.

Quote:> Wintrolls ain't human even if they ain't aliens. They're just scripts
> masterminded by Bill Gaits and Steve Blammer to sound human.

Interesting proposition. But there is a problem. Writing an AI which
sounds convincingly human is a VERY difficult task - you know about the
Tuning test don't you. So, if the wintrolls were software scripts
create by Mickey$oft, that would mean they have solved an extremely
difficult programming challenge. In turn that would mean they are
in fact very good programmers which is clearly contradicted by the
pathetically low quality of their commercial software products.

Quote:

> I mighta left some out. But they ain't smart enough to leave. If they
> was that smart they wouldn't be preachin' windose, now would they?

You made some good points (I did not quote them all), but this last one
seems to answer my question the best! Thanks.

--
Freedom: In a world without fences there is NO NEED for Gates!

 
 
 

Linux sucks - why???

Post by Spam Me » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:29:29




>> The subject line has probably got the attention of all resident
>> wintrolls of this newsgroup. Now, let's get down to business:

>> Why are you, wintrolls, are here ?

>> IF windows is SOOOO superior to Linux and you are so happy
>> about it, then why bother spending your time here littering
>> this newsgroup with all your lies, FUD and crazy concocted
>> stories about nonexistent Linux problems?

> Because they are paid to be here. Here's an example, Pete Goodwin,
> also known as "Two NIC":

That's a good enough reason, I admit. I wonder how much they earn this way...
Do they get paid by

1. number of messages posted,
2. number of words written,
3. number of lies/FUD spread, or
4. number of arguments won / Linux problems shown/proved

Thos most effective for Micke$oft would be #4, but then poor wintrolls
would never get paid... So #3 sounds more likely.

--
Freedom: In a world without fences there is NO NEED for Gates!

 
 
 

Linux sucks - why???

Post by Spam Me » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:36:58




>> Why are you, wintrolls, are here ?

> They're here to provide entertainment, perhaps? The amusing trolls are
> one of the reasons I keep COLA in my regular list of newsgroups :-)

That's their effect, all right. But I don't think that would be their
purpose.

Quote:> Remeber that this group was founded to draw the trolls away from the
> "real" Linux newsgroups. COLA is essentially a dumping ground for trolls
> and nutters of all kinds (as shown in all the OT war posts, and assorted
> rantings from Charlie).

That is completely understandable, but again this is just defense
mechanism at work. The original question still stands:
Why do they spend their time bashing an OS they have no interest in ?
Furthermore, one, that according to their claims have no chance of
threatening their favourite OS at all.

--
Freedom: In a world without fences there is NO NEED for Gates!

 
 
 

Linux sucks - why???

Post by Spam Me » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:08:36




> :The subject line has probably got the attention of all resident
> :wintrolls of this newsgroup. Now, let's get down to business:
> :
> :Why are you, wintrolls, are here ?

> Not everyone posts here with an intention of trolling some people are
> studying using Linux, doing projects on it but are still not able to
> understand what is it that makes working on Linux so difficult.

This is a typical case of "how to lie with a question".
Where do you get the false assumption that "working on Linux" is
difficult? In my office everybody is working on Linux desktops
and they are happy about it. OTOH, there are plenty of companies
where I see that most employees are frustrated with the windows
boxen they have to work on. Just yesterday I heard a commercial
on the radio which was picturing the hard fight-for-life in
the "office jungle" where people have to "wade thourgh piles
of documents, reboot their computers, ...".
This one has caught my ear. It proves, that the shitty M$ OS
and its consequences (need for frequent reboots) has sunk in so
deep into the "office life" that people consider it as a necessary
burden on their life.

Your assumption is totally wrong. Working on Linux, in fact, is
MUCH EASIER than working on windows. It may be hard to setup or
configure it for YOU or other NEWBIES who has grown up on windows.
But any IT professional finds it much easier to setup/maintain
and manage 10-30+ Linux desktops than a single windows one.

Quote:> That is why some post here with an intention of understanding the
> views of the Linux advocates, and also understand why it is wrong to
> expect Linux to do every thing that Windows can.

No, you can never expect Linux to do the following things that
windows does so perfectly:
1. Crashing several times a day, interrupting your work.
2. Losing your valuable data.
3. Slowing down your work with unnecessary eye-candy, e.g. flying
sheets of paper animated when copying files  - 10x slower than you
could do that on Linux without the silly gimmicks.
4. Infecting your computer with virii on weekly basis causing down
time and extra work to clean the infection and repair damage.
5. Costing ever increasing amounts of money to upgrade to a newer
version every other year.
6. Costing even more in hardware upgrades when you find out that
the new OS version runs SLOWER or not at all on your old hardware.
7. Spying on you constantly, informaing M$ about what movies you
watch or MP3s you listen to and many other activities probably...
8. Providing backdoors to your system for M$, NSA, crackers,
script kiddies, ...

"etc.etc.etc..............
A lot more could continue......"

I could go on with this list of "features" you will never get from
Linux but provided to you on windows. If you want these kind of
capabilities, then by all means stick to windows and don't expect
to get them from Linux.

Quote:> Eg. Understand why
> Linux cannot be used to play most of the games that can be played
> under windows .

That has nothing to do with the capabilities of the OS. It has been
demonstarted on a few dozen games (mainly the most popular,
best-of-their-kind games, like SMAC/X, UT, Quake, Sims, Simcity 3000)
that they can be ported and run on Linux with performance as good or
even better than on windows. The rest is upto the game developers.
Of course, the game developers will not see the market potential
until Linux has reached at least 10% presence on desktops.

So, in a way, it is trap-22. Home users don't switch to Linux
due to lack of games availability. Game developers don't release
Linux versions due to lack of home users (game players) on Linux.

--
Freedom: In a world without fences there is NO NEED for Gates!

 
 
 

1. Why Linux sucks and will always suck.

Linux is an operating system that about 1 percent of the population is
actually using on their desktop.
Linux nutters like to claim that Linux is superior because the source
code to tha applications is availible to all users.
This is a complete fallacy and in fact is akin to knowing the diameter
of each piston in the engine of your car. Do you really care?
In addition, this source code has been comprimpised many times and in
fact is infected with many trojans and virii simply because of the
fact it is open source.

Linux sucks because it has no standards.
Redhat rpm's don't work with SuSE nor do they work with Mandrake or
Debian.

Linux is so fragmented it doesn't know where first base is let alone
who is standing on first base.

Linux applications suck. They really do.
Spend some time inside kde or gnome and see for yourself.

In truth, Linux just plain sucks and there is nothing worse.

2. MobiBlu Cube & Linux

3. Why linux sucks and why linux is best

4. recvmsg error (httpd 1.4 ULTRIX)

5. X-windows sucks..sucks...sucks!!!!

6. nic card drivers needed

7. Yet another Linux geek...Here is why Linux sucks..........

8. Sendmail wrapper

9. Why do people say Linux sucks?

10. Why does linux suck?

11. Why linux sucks top 10

12. Why linux sucks!

13. Why Linux Sucks!!!