I am sick of this whole thing

I am sick of this whole thing

Post by mlw » Tue, 17 Jul 2001 10:58:00



I use Linux, I mean I use linux all the time. I use it at work and I use it at
home.

When all is said and done on this stupid group, too little is said or done
about Linux.

Lets fact it, I think all linux users agree, Windows sucks, but that isn't the
point.

Linux is great. It needs a few more equally great programs, true, but it is
very usable right now.

It is stable, do not under estimate this quality! Stable is important to people
who take their work seriously. I use Linux because I don't lose work on it. I
am not making this up. I spent the money on a UPS, I paid extra for quality
hardware, my computer should be, MUST be, stable. With Linux it is. It
regularly runs for months at a time, before I upgrade the kernel or something.

Star Office, not perfect, but very usable. I actually like it more than MS
Office. I used to use applix, but they didn't take upgraders seriously, and
wouldn't give any deals for people that already purchased previous versions of
the software.

As for CD burning, Linux kicks *on Windows. I have made 3 coasters on my
Linux box, and I have gone through about four 100 packs. The 3 coasters were
made while I was setting up and dealing with hardware issue.

There are MANY reasons to use Linux.

Poets may like this handy little command:
        cat /usr/share/dict/words | rev | sort | rev | more

IMHO Linux is easier to use than any other system. It takes a little getting
used too, but once the basics are mastered, Linux does so much, so well, so
reliable, and so cheaply.

Say what you will about Windows, Linux, Macintosh, what ever. Linux may not be
perfect, but it is pretty damn good.

--
5-4-3-2-1 Thunderbirds are GO!
F.A.B.
------------------------
http://www.veryComputer.com/

 
 
 

I am sick of this whole thing

Post by Charlie Ebe » Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:03:23



>I use Linux, I mean I use linux all the time. I use it at work and I use it at
>home.

>When all is said and done on this stupid group, too little is said or done
>about Linux.

>Lets fact it, I think all linux users agree, Windows sucks, but that isn't the
>point.

>Linux is great. It needs a few more equally great programs, true, but it is
>very usable right now.

>It is stable, do not under estimate this quality! Stable is important to people
>who take their work seriously. I use Linux because I don't lose work on it. I
>am not making this up. I spent the money on a UPS, I paid extra for quality
>hardware, my computer should be, MUST be, stable. With Linux it is. It
>regularly runs for months at a time, before I upgrade the kernel or something.

>Star Office, not perfect, but very usable. I actually like it more than MS
>Office. I used to use applix, but they didn't take upgraders seriously, and
>wouldn't give any deals for people that already purchased previous versions of
>the software.

>As for CD burning, Linux kicks *on Windows. I have made 3 coasters on my
>Linux box, and I have gone through about four 100 packs. The 3 coasters were
>made while I was setting up and dealing with hardware issue.

>There are MANY reasons to use Linux.

>Poets may like this handy little command:
>    cat /usr/share/dict/words | rev | sort | rev | more

>IMHO Linux is easier to use than any other system. It takes a little getting
>used too, but once the basics are mastered, Linux does so much, so well, so
>reliable, and so cheaply.

>Say what you will about Windows, Linux, Macintosh, what ever. Linux may not be
>perfect, but it is pretty damn good.

>--
>5-4-3-2-1 Thunderbirds are GO!
>F.A.B.
>------------------------
>http://www.veryComputer.com/

The other FACT of Linux is the policing action generated
upon companies such as Microsoft.

It was the competition from Linux which has FORCED MS
to improve it's security and reconsider such adventures
like SMART TAGS.

--
Charlie
-------

 
 
 

I am sick of this whole thing

Post by kosh » Tue, 17 Jul 2001 05:35:09


I agree completely. I use linux for what it is not because of what other
things are not. I like the freedom it gives me but most importantly are the
apps and the stability.

Quote:> I use Linux, I mean I use linux all the time. I use it at work and I use
> it at home.

The only systems I have or work on anymore are linux boxes. I won't even
help someone not running some kind of unix box. It takes too much time to
fix the systems. I am sure almost everyone here at one time or another most
of you many times have "friends" etc that know you are into computers. What
happens is everytime something goes wrong they want you to fix the machine
for free. I have so many other things to do unless you are on a unix box I
no longer care about helping out of the goodness of my heart. Now if they
want to pay me that is a different ball of wax alltogether. :)

Quote:

> When all is said and done on this stupid group, too little is said or done
> about Linux.

The main problem is just posting something positive about linux tends to
attract far too many trolls. A lot of good things are said about linux but
I feel as a whole the trolls really drag this down to a fairly negative
group. I wish more of them would pack up and go home.

Quote:

> Lets fact it, I think all linux users agree, Windows sucks, but that isn't
> the point.

Actually my view is mostly it is not for me. If others use it that is their
choice however they have to live with their decisions. It is not my job to
keep bailing them out when it fails. Likewise when linux acts up it is not
their job to help me.

Quote:

> Linux is great. It needs a few more equally great programs, true, but it
> is very usable right now.

I love working with my whole environment. I usually use kde 2.2 beta 1,
glimmer (for python editing), konqueror, zope, konsole, kmail, knode,
xhcat, etc. The system has been running for two months now and that was
because two months ago I hooked it up to a ups when the power went out. I
typically have 40+ apps open at a time.

Quote:> It is stable, do not under estimate this quality! Stable is important to
> people who take their work seriously. I use Linux because I don't lose
> work on it. I am not making this up. I spent the money on a UPS, I paid
> extra for quality hardware, my computer should be, MUST be, stable. With
> Linux it is. It regularly runs for months at a time, before I upgrade the
> kernel or something.

In my view if an operating systems crashes more the one per month you need
to find the hardware or software causing the problem and get it fixed,
replaced, or removed. Otherwise it is time to switch operating systems.

Quote:> Star Office, not perfect, but very usable. I actually like it more than MS
> Office. I used to use applix, but they didn't take upgraders seriously,
> and wouldn't give any deals for people that already purchased previous
> versions of the software.

> As for CD burning, Linux kicks *on Windows. I have made 3 coasters on
> my Linux box, and I have gone through about four 100 packs. The 3 coasters
> were made while I was setting up and dealing with hardware issue.

CD burning is great under linux. I can burn while I am doing devel and not
worry about making a coaster.

Quote:> There are MANY reasons to use Linux.

Stability and availability of programming apps are a major one for me.
python dev on linux is just too good to pass up in my case.

Quote:> Poets may like this handy little command:
> cat /usr/share/dict/words | rev | sort | rev | more

> IMHO Linux is easier to use than any other system. It takes a little
> getting used too, but once the basics are mastered, Linux does so much, so
> well, so reliable, and so cheaply.

What I find is that unixes as a whole work very logically. As such once you
understand the philosophy of how the system runs they become very easy to
use. I find most problems can be fixed without me knowing exactly what
caused it since I understand the philosophy of the system. This kind of
problem would be logged in this kind of location so look at the log file
there and see what is going on.
Quote:

> Say what you will about Windows, Linux, Macintosh, what ever. Linux may
> not be perfect, but it is pretty damn good.

Agreed.

 
 
 

I am sick of this whole thing

Post by Erik Funkenbusc » Tue, 17 Jul 2001 13:57:03



Quote:> > When all is said and done on this stupid group, too little is said or
done
> > about Linux.
> The main problem is just posting something positive about linux tends to
> attract far too many trolls. A lot of good things are said about linux but
> I feel as a whole the trolls really drag this down to a fairly negative
> group. I wish more of them would pack up and go home.

If all you were doing was posting something positive, the only posts you'd
see against you are the real idiots.

Unfortunately, most Linux advocates feel the need to color everything they
post with anti-MS (or Mac or whatever) rhetoric as well.  *THAT* is what
grabs attention (perhaps that was the intention).

I have absolutely nothing against patting yourself on the back for your
successes, but if you feel the need to trip someone else in the process,
that's where it starts to get ugly.

 
 
 

I am sick of this whole thing

Post by Donn Mille » Tue, 17 Jul 2001 15:57:08



> Unfortunately, most Linux advocates feel the need to color everything they
> post with anti-MS (or Mac or whatever) rhetoric as well.  *THAT* is what
> grabs attention (perhaps that was the intention).

Like you slamming the X protocol, decrying it is slow and inefficient
without offering any reael-world proof?

-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

 
 
 

I am sick of this whole thing

Post by Donn Mille » Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:15:38



> Lets fact it, I think all linux users agree, Windows sucks, but that isn't the
> point.

True - it really is a joke OS internally.  I haven't really been having
to many reliability problems with ME recently, but I just re-installed
ME about a week ago.  Give it a couple of months.  Well, the problem
with Windows is that it really is the crippled operating system.
Formatting floppies takes forever under ME, because ME obviously hacked
something to allow more timeslices to other programs.  Another flaw,
another Windows kernel hack.

The fact that you need a mouse to do everything under Windows is a
hinderance, not a advantage.  Also, Linux (or any unix) is better IMO,
because you can work with devices directly under /dev.  Try to dump an
ISO image under Windows with its existing tools.  What a joke.  You need
to download a separate program to do just about everything under
Windows, whilst under unix you can use the existing tools (dd, perl,
etc.) to do just about everything you need.  Also, I don't recall ever
having to download something like TweakUI to fix something that was
screwed up on a unix box.  (You just edit the config files under /etc.)

Quote:> Linux is great. It needs a few more equally great programs, true, but it is
> very usable right now.

Yeap, and being a nix system, it has all the right tools to do most
basic things you need without downloading a ton of shareware programs.

Quote:> It is stable, do not under estimate this quality! Stable is important to people
> who take their work seriously.

Performance is important, too.

Quote:> Star Office, not perfect, but very usable. I actually like it more than MS
> Office. I used to use applix, but they didn't take upgraders seriously, and
> wouldn't give any deals for people that already purchased previous versions of
> the software.

I see a lot of people whining about using*in here (WinTrolls).
Hell, I created a nice-looking letter with*in no time flat,
despite not being very experienced with TeX.
(But but but I NEED the dancing paper clip!)

Quote:> As for CD burning, Linux kicks *on Windows. I have made 3 coasters on my
> Linux box, and I have gone through about four 100 packs. The 3 coasters were
> made while I was setting up and dealing with hardware issue.

I hear that.  I use dagrab for audio ripping of my CD's, and it's not
fancy, but it works.  I like to use CD-RW's to backup various source
trees on my FreeBSD box.  (I also burned my entire /usr/src on CD-RW, so
I can have some code to refer to when programming under Windows.  It's
pretty simple to use mkisofs, and then mount the resulting ISO to make
sure everything is in place before buring the image.  Under Windows, I'd
be pointing and clicking all over the place.  I'd rather take command of
my system with the command line, not be a slave to the mouse pointer.
Windows more or less enslaves you to the GUI.  I'd rather be free --
FREE!  I tell you.  Say the word "FREE!" like a space alien.  (Gurgle a
glass of water for this one.)

-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.veryComputer.com/ - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

 
 
 

I am sick of this whole thing

Post by Ian Pege » Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:54:43



Quote:> I use Linux, I mean I use linux all the time. I use it at work and I use
it at
> home.

> When all is said and done on this stupid group, too little is said or done
> about Linux.

Agreed. Though I do get a lot of light relief watching threads degenerate
from a "reasonable" proposition that one or other OS does something
well/badly, to message authors attributing similarities to various body
parts (usually below the waist and generally sat upon) to each other.

Quote:> Linux is great. It needs a few more equally great programs, true, but it
is
> very usable right now.

Agreed.

Quote:> It is stable, do not under estimate this quality! Stable is important to
people
> who take their work seriously. I use Linux because I don't lose work on
it. I
> am not making this up. I spent the money on a UPS, I paid extra for
quality
> hardware, my computer should be, MUST be, stable. With Linux it is. It
> regularly runs for months at a time, before I upgrade the kernel or

something.

In fairness W2K Pro has been v. stable for me.... <cringe>

Quote:> Star Office, not perfect, but very usable. I actually like it more than MS
> Office.

I tried Star Office in its windows incarnation ~ didn't like it. You're
saying that we should give S.O. another try?

Quote:> Poets may like this handy little command:
> cat /usr/share/dict/words | rev | sort | rev | more

This kicks ass! I like it. The command that is! So simple, elegant, yet look
what it achieves.

Quote:> IMHO Linux is easier to use than any other system. It takes a little
getting
> used too, but once the basics are mastered, Linux does so much, so well,
so
> reliable, and so cheaply.

> Say what you will about Windows, Linux, Macintosh, what ever. Linux may
not be
> perfect, but it is pretty damn good.

Amen,

Ian

 
 
 

I am sick of this whole thing

Post by Matthew Gardine » Tue, 17 Jul 2001 20:49:48



> I use Linux, I mean I use linux all the time. I use it at work and I use
> it at home.

> When all is said and done on this stupid group, too little is said or done
> about Linux.

> Lets fact it, I think all linux users agree, Windows sucks, but that isn't
> the point.

> Linux is great. It needs a few more equally great programs, true, but it
> is very usable right now.

> It is stable, do not under estimate this quality! Stable is important to
> people who take their work seriously. I use Linux because I don't lose
> work on it. I am not making this up. I spent the money on a UPS, I paid
> extra for quality hardware, my computer should be, MUST be, stable. With
> Linux it is. It regularly runs for months at a time, before I upgrade the
> kernel or something.

> Star Office, not perfect, but very usable. I actually like it more than MS
> Office. I used to use applix, but they didn't take upgraders seriously,
> and wouldn't give any deals for people that already purchased previous
> versions of the software.

> As for CD burning, Linux kicks *on Windows. I have made 3 coasters on
> my Linux box, and I have gone through about four 100 packs. The 3 coasters
> were made while I was setting up and dealing with hardware issue.

> There are MANY reasons to use Linux.

> Poets may like this handy little command:
> cat /usr/share/dict/words | rev | sort | rev | more

> IMHO Linux is easier to use than any other system. It takes a little
> getting used too, but once the basics are mastered, Linux does so much, so
> well, so reliable, and so cheaply.

> Say what you will about Windows, Linux, Macintosh, what ever. Linux may
> not be perfect, but it is pretty damn good.

Oh, that post gave the warm fuzzies :)

On Linux I have:

1. Java IDE, personally I prefer Forte Java over Jbuilder, however, the
CHOICE (which I emphasise to Windows users) is there.
2. StarOffice 5.2 does EVERYTHING I want it do to. Who cares about pivital
spreadsheets or whatif statements? not me or 90% of normal users.
3. Games, Simcity 3000 and Civilisation Call to Power, two games I will
continue to play, and are equal, or better to their Windows counterparts.
4. Upgrade to the next kernel free of charge. I can tweak and tune it to my
hearts content.

You can tempt me with the forbidden fruit to your hearts content, however,
I am sticking with Linux. I am happy with what I have, and I see no reason
to change because 90% of users run Windows.

Matthew Gardiner
--
WARNING:

This email was written on an OS using the viral 'GPL' as its license.

Please check with Bill Gates before continuing to read this email/posting.

 
 
 

I am sick of this whole thing

Post by mlw » Tue, 17 Jul 2001 21:29:33



> On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 08:54:43 +0100, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,



> >> Poets may like this handy little command:
> >> cat /usr/share/dict/words | rev | sort | rev | more

> >This kicks ass! I like it. The command that is! So simple, elegant, yet look
> >what it achieves.

> What does it do?

Try it and see.

--
5-4-3-2-1 Thunderbirds are GO!
------------------------
http://www.mohawksoft.com

 
 
 

I am sick of this whole thing

Post by Dan Pidco » Wed, 18 Jul 2001 00:20:59




>On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 08:54:43 +0100, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,



>>> Poets may like this handy little command:
>>> cat /usr/share/dict/words | rev | sort | rev | more

>>This kicks ass! I like it. The command that is! So simple, elegant, yet look
>>what it achieves.

>What does it do?

Call yourself a Linux advocate?

Well it sort of lists the contents of words, reverses it, sorts it,
reverses it again, and then shows you that a screen at a time.
So you get the words sorted by their ending.  Hence the poets comment.

Dan
remove .hatespam to reply

 
 
 

I am sick of this whole thing

Post by Craig Kelle » Wed, 18 Jul 2001 00:54:22





> > > When all is said and done on this stupid group, too little is said or
> done
> > > about Linux.
> > The main problem is just posting something positive about linux tends to
> > attract far too many trolls. A lot of good things are said about linux but
> > I feel as a whole the trolls really drag this down to a fairly negative
> > group. I wish more of them would pack up and go home.

> If all you were doing was posting something positive, the only posts you'd
> see against you are the real idiots.

> Unfortunately, most Linux advocates feel the need to color everything they
> post with anti-MS (or Mac or whatever) rhetoric as well.  *THAT* is what
> grabs attention (perhaps that was the intention).

Unfortunately, the reverse is true more often;  Windows advocates
reading *our* newsgroup and trolling with any little bit of anti-Linux
propaganda (be it pro-Microsoft, pro-Macintosh, pro-BSD) for some
unknown reason.

You're a good example.  The reason you read COLA is a complete mystery
to me, unless you simply enjoy trolling.  Most Linux users I know are
very open minded about non-Microsoft technology, be it BeOS, Plan 9,
Amiga.  It is true that many of them despise Microsoft for irrational
reasons (ie, non-technical); but it usually stems from the feeling
that Microsoft killed their platform of choice (which is also probably
true).

Linux seems to be the most attractive alternative to Windows right
now.  It runs on the same hardware, has powerful tools *out of the
box*, and has a generic interface that people from the various
destroyed commercial systems can get used to without supporting the
system that killed their OS.  It can never be killed off or bought by
a cometitor like commercial software can.

There are also the Linux users that simply use it because it works and
works well (like myself).  We use Windows when it is sutable for the
job, and we don't use it when it isn't suitable for the job; which is
quite often despite the rhetoric out of Redmond.

Most Windows users can rationaly discuss using Linux where it fits in
well.  Its only a small fraction that seem to have an axe to grind
against Linux, the FSF and the GPL in general.  Microsoft fans the
flames of such sentiment so that Windows will live a little longer
while they figure out how to lock-in the next big thing.

--
It won't be long before the CPU is a card in a slot on your ATX videoboard


 
 
 

I am sick of this whole thing

Post by pip » Wed, 18 Jul 2001 01:03:03



> 1. Java IDE, personally I prefer Forte Java over Jbuilder, however, the
> CHOICE (which I emphasise to Windows users) is there.

Erm, it's Java - they also run under windows (which I emphasise to a
Linux user) - that's the whole point!
 
 
 

I am sick of this whole thing

Post by Ian Pege » Wed, 18 Jul 2001 02:32:11



> On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 08:54:43 +0100, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,



> >> Poets may like this handy little command:
> >> cat /usr/share/dict/words | rev | sort | rev | more

> >This kicks ass! I like it. The command that is! So simple, elegant, yet
look
> >what it achieves.

> What does it do?

Apart  from suggesting you try it yourself, heaven forfend that someone
should try to find out something out for themselves ;-) it produces a list
of all the words in the dictionary sorted by their reverse so you get a kind
of rhyming dictionary. It's just a purely spelling based rhyme so you won't
get "blue" next to "through" ... here follows a sample
vanilla
gorilla
guerrilla
flotilla
villa
parabola
hyperbola
gondola
granola
nebula
formula
peninsula
spatula
phyla
pajama
mama
panama
drama
melodrama
diorama
panorama

...better than error logs any day.

Ian

 
 
 

I am sick of this whole thing

Post by Bob Nelso » Wed, 18 Jul 2001 02:58:21



> There are MANY reasons to use Linux.

Fully agree with the many good points outlined in the article.

Quote:> Poets may like this handy little command:
>    cat /usr/share/dict/words | rev | sort | rev | more

Whoops, UUOC!

rev /usr/share/dict/words | sort | rev | more

--
========================================================================

      http://www.oldradio.com/archives/nelson/open-computing.html
 ``UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because
   that would also stop you from doing clever things.''  --Doug Gwyn

 
 
 

I am sick of this whole thing

Post by Marc Jorda » Wed, 18 Jul 2001 03:03:38


Quote:> I use Linux, I mean I use linux all the time. I use it at work and I use
it at
> home.

   I use computers, I mean I use any OS I get on my hands, either at work
or at home, including HP-UX, GNU/Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD, OpenBSD,
Windows 98,Me,NT and 2000 and even Macintosh with old or new OS.

Quote:> When all is said and done on this stupid group, too little is said or done
> about Linux.

   Then we have a great probability of being stupids for posting on it ;-)

Quote:> Lets fact it, I think all linux users agree, Windows sucks, but that isn't
the
> point.

   That's not true. And you're right that's not the point.

Quote:> Linux is great. It needs a few more equally great programs, true, but it
is
> very usable right now.

   There are a lot of software pieces that are great, being Linux kernel (or
I
should say parts of it) one of them, but to everyone a different piece of
code
is the one important in the end (may be a PERL script, a scientific program
or whatever you use to get your work done).

Quote:> It is stable, do not under estimate this quality! Stable is important to
people
> who take their work seriously. I use Linux because I don't lose work on
it. I
> am not making this up. I spent the money on a UPS, I paid extra for
quality
> hardware, my computer should be, MUST be, stable. With Linux it is. It
> regularly runs for months at a time, before I upgrade the kernel or

something.

   There are GNU/Linux combinations that can be made very very stable (mine
at home is one as an example), depending on the software versions
(combinations
of them are almost infinite) of all packages, administrator ability and
hardware
interactions. Anyway if stability is your most important concern and you
rule
a company, you could think about Sun Solaris on Sun hardware (that's real
stability). You may even think about FreeBSD for big machine loads, since
kernel developers have agreed that Linux VM is broken. I've never seen
any AS/400 frozen ;-)

Quote:> Star Office, not perfect, but very usable. I actually like it more than MS
> Office. I used to use applix, but they didn't take upgraders seriously,
and
> wouldn't give any deals for people that already purchased previous
versions of
> the software.

   Here we enter in a subjective field, since "usable" has different
meanings to
different persons. My opinion is that you can get office work done faster
with Windows or Macintosh, even using Star Office if it is your choice.

Quote:> As for CD burning, Linux kicks *on Windows. I have made 3 coasters on
my
> Linux box, and I have gone through about four 100 packs. The 3 coasters
were
> made while I was setting up and dealing with hardware issue.

   As CD toaster I've never found anything better than GNU/Linux. Anyway,
CD-Recorders are a shitty piece of hardware, as well as CD-ROM and
DVD-ROM, slow and weak.

Quote:> There are MANY reasons to use Linux.

   There are many reasons to use whatever you need to achieve your
goals.

Quote:> Poets may like this handy little command:
> cat /usr/share/dict/words | rev | sort | rev | more

   People may like Windows calculator (there are chances to everything).

Quote:> IMHO Linux is easier to use than any other system. It takes a little
getting
> used too, but once the basics are mastered, Linux does so much, so well,
so
> reliable, and so cheaply.

   IMHO GNU/Linux is not the easiest OS around nowadays, and have not been
till now. I'd sincerously choose Macintosh for that, and honestly think that
Windows
is in fact still easier to use for a lot of things for both average and
avanced users. I
can arguee with you whichever case you want to put me as an example:
installing
software, hardware, dealing with problems, using internet, etc ... I do not
say that
GNU/Linux can not do that, and I am not even saying it is difficult for me,
just that
it uses to be easier (not to understant, but to in fact achieve it) under
Macintosh or
Windows ... even under Solaris, since Sun hardware is a pleasure to install.

Quote:> Say what you will about Windows, Linux, Macintosh, what ever. Linux may
not be
> perfect, but it is pretty damn good.

   Sure it is. The problem is that the same can be said for each other OS.
 
 
 

1. This clone thing...am I stupid, or am I right?


says...

I admire your passion, Chris..

The only issues which have kept myself from looking seriously at Linux
would be:

* It's Unix and the learning curve to start getting productive strikes me
as probably very steep

* It doesn't support plug-and-play.  If your hardware doesn't have Linux
drivers, it don't play..

* Not nearly the amount of developers out there doing stuff for Linux as
there are for Wintel.  Can I get MS Office for Linux?  Can I get
Photoshop for Linux?  Can I get QuarkXpress for Linux? etc.. a big turn
off for me.

--
Reuben King
Email: "reuben at texas dot net" (in plain english to foil spam-bots.
grrr!)

2. "100% sysplanar0 00-00 System planar" message. . .

3. how to make patches, in Solaris

4. I'm sick and tired of things not compiling

5. Problem Compiling irc 2.8.21 under Linux 1.3.59

6. I am sick of Win98!!!! How about UNIX?

7. vfsmount_lock

8. OK, I am sick and tired of RedHat

9. I am sick of my Win98 crushes, how about LINUX???

10. This whole /vol thing...

11. Recompile whole thing just to change sound settings?

12. The whole outlook express begin thing