Loads of Linux Links

Post by Don't have a cow man.. » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 07:14:30

For a country of only 20,000,000, those Ozzies sure are heavy into Linux
XF. This site is brought to you from the fine folks in VIC, AU. On an
off-topic note, from the Internet friends I've made in Melbourne, and from
the stories my grandfather told me, it sounds a lot like San Francisco,
only better. Maybe I'll get to visit someday. Who knows what the future
holds for a sociopathic megalomaniac like myself?

http://loll.sourceforge.net/

Quote:
"The purpose of the Loads of Linux Links project is to collect, organise,
classify and maintain important URLs about Linux and the Open Source
movement for all levels of Linux users. The LoLL project now has 3000+
links which are updated regularly.

"This project originally began as a service for the Victoria Linux Users'
Group (VLUG) but in the true spirit of Linux, we decided to share this
valuable resource with the wider Linux community by putting the Loads of
Linux Links project on SourceForge. Like Linux, this is a work in
progress, so stay tuned here for futher update announcements concerning
additional links and revised subject categories. Also, like Linux, no one
owns this project -- it's GPLed so the project can never be hijacked by
proprietary interests! "

Loads of Linux Links

Post by Terry Porte » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:11:55

Don't have a cow man... threw some tea leaves on the floor

Quote:> For a country of only 20,000,000, those Ozzies sure are heavy into Linux
> XF. This site is brought to you from the fine folks in VIC, AU. On an
> off-topic note, from the Internet friends I've made in Melbourne, and from
> the stories my grandfather told me, it sounds a lot like San Francisco,
> only better. Maybe I'll get to visit someday. Who knows what the future
> holds for a sociopathic megalomaniac like myself?

> http://loll.sourceforge.net/

Cool and bookmarked :)

--
              Kind Regards from Terry
My Desktop is powered by GNU/LinuX, Sorcerer kernel 2.4.17

Loads of Linux Links

Post by Tim Beckha » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:51:39

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 05:14:30 GMT, "Don't have a cow man..."

>For a country of only 20,000,000, those Ozzies sure are heavy into Linux
>XF. This site is brought to you from the fine folks in VIC, AU. On an
>off-topic note, from the Internet friends I've made in Melbourne, and from
>the stories my grandfather told me, it sounds a lot like San Francisco,
>only better. Maybe I'll get to visit someday. Who knows what the future
>holds for a sociopathic megalomaniac like myself?

>http://loll.sourceforge.net/

Great resource!!  Thanks for the link.
Tim B.

1. Dynamic Link/Loading for Linux.

I have uploaded DLD for Linux (which is now fully working) to:

DLD is a library which allows a running program to import new object
(.o) and library files and call and access routines and variables in
them.  This is different from what ld.so does.

Here is the README:

I have made this distribution version specifically for Linux.  The
original, with postscript papers, is available from
prep.ai.mit.edu:pub/gnu/dld-3.2.3.tar.gz.

First, from the dld directory, type `make check' (or `make' for no
tests).  This will make libdld.a and then make and run the test
programs in subdirectory `test'.

Examine the output.  The output from the "general" test should look
similar to "test/EXPECTED_OUTPUT".  The other tests should print no
error messages

If this is satisfactory, typing `make install' will copy libdld.a into
/usr/lib/ and dld.info into /usr/emacs/info/.

        Tue Dec 12 22:48:22 GMT 1993

Here is the original README:
This is dld version 3.2.3.  It currently supports VAX (Ultrix), Sun 3
(SunOS 3.4 and 4.0), SPARCstation (SunOS 4.0), Sequent Symmetry
(Dynix), and Atari ST.

To compile,  type "make".
To compile the test programs, cd to "test" and then type "make".

Changes from 3.2.1 to 3.2.3 is minimal.  Mainly contains the port to
Atari and Symmetry.  I've received quite a number of suggestions for
improvements, new features, and debugging support.  I'll incorporate
them in release 3.3--whenever I have time to work on it!

Wed May 29 22:21:31 PDT 1991

P.S.  Port for Atari is contributed by Edgar Roeder.  See ChangeLog.

2. 3.2 V 4.2 to OS5

4. Software RAID 1 problem

5. Linking Linux boxes via serial link

6. Mouse postion When NO event is happend

7. Link aggregation/load balancing

8. My routed is overacting

9. : Can a dynamic link library determine the name of the file it was loaded from?

10. Odd link/load question, SunOS 4.1.1

11. To many symbolic links msg loading IDECD???

12. Dynamic Linking and Loading in an odd way

13. GCC 2.6.2: linking and loading problem