I am ready for Linus....Just tell me how to set it up!!!

I am ready for Linus....Just tell me how to set it up!!!

Post by T. L. Poo » Fri, 23 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I need the instructions on how to setup linux on my pentium system. I dont
want to give up WIN95, because my family still uses it (no matter how slow it
is!!!!!!). Please tell me how to install both os's. Partition?????? HOW???

TLP
Todd L. Poole
The Ohio State University

Come visit Buckeye World! URL: http://www.tripod.com/~ohio/

Quote: "Information is the key!"

I am ready for Linus....Just tell me how to set it up!!!

Post by Rajat Dat » Fri, 23 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>I need the instructions on how to setup linux on my pentium system. I dont
>want to give up WIN95, because my family still uses it (no matter how slow it
>is!!!!!!). Please tell me how to install both os's. Partition?????? HOW???

>TLP

First, and most important of all, get yourself one of the Linux CD
distributions.  They come with detailed instructions on how to install
Linux.  Or buy one of the numerous books.

There are also detailed HOWTOS available on the web.  On Yahoo there's a
whole page for Linux newbies.  The complete url is
  http://www.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/Operating_Systems/Unix/Li...

Good luck,
rajat

I am ready for Linus....Just tell me how to set it up!!!

Post by Kazinat » Fri, 23 Aug 1996 04:00:00

How do you set up Linus?

Give him a decent workstation, a nice house with a decent net connection, and
an AmEx credit card.
--

Post by william stevens » Fri, 23 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>How do you set up Linus?

>Give him a decent workstation, a nice house with a decent net connection, and
>an AmEx credit card.
>--

Ohhhh, and don't forget the beer.

  William Dean Stevenson                      Colorado State University

Post by Kazinat » Sat, 24 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>>How do you set up Linus?

>>Give him a decent workstation, a nice house with a decent net connection, and
>>an AmEx credit card.
>>--

>Ohhhh, and don't forget the beer.

The credit card is a higher-level abstraction that already encompasses the
concept of beer.
--

1. Tell Linus/Contact Linus

Hi,

sometimes i get the following (and horrorfying) message:

Wee .. inode changed from under us. Tell Linus

okay i thought linus is probably not too much interested in my linux 1.3
but yesterday my system stopped and told me:

no free inodes, contact Linus

what does it all mean ????????????????????????????

Ralf

2. /usr/bin/mail - Cannot open savefile.

3. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

4. Installing MkLinux on 3rd party drive

5. Whee.. inode changed from under us tell Linus

6. virtual hosts

7. The keyboard keys Bill and Linus never told you about.

8. Sendmail in X-Windows

9. If you want kbuild 2.5, tell Linus

10. Am I ready to install?

11. Ready to install Red Hat 5.1 but am afraid to!

12. Having a Sun tell the UPS to cut the power

13. How do I tell what speed I am connected at?