gee guess what Micro$oft uses to connect to the Internet?

gee guess what Micro$oft uses to connect to the Internet?

Post by je.. » Wed, 18 Jun 1997 04:00:00

why of course they must use their 'fabulous New Technology or
is it No Technology' .. NT SERVER .. after all, everyone these
days, it seems,  is saying "NT is going to replace UNIX" and
"oh yes we're thinking about going to NT" ... yeah thinking ..
just thinking .. oh what fun those who actually do 'go to NT'
will have exploring the mysteries of the insanely un-organized
REGISTRY !  .. but I digress ....
To see/verify what in the *&*^% I am talking about here
check this out:
1.  do a "whois microsoft.com"  which will yield the following
     four ms servers....
     atbd.microsoft.com ; dns1.microsoft.com ; dns3.nwnet.net;
     and dns4.nwnet.net

The first host ( primary domain server serving traffic to the
net) is reachable.

2. telnet to atbd.microsoft.com ( 131.107.1.7 )
and you will see this:

System V UNIX (atbd)

login:

what is this???  mickey soft seems to be using UNIX system V!
.