YAWN

Post by Ian Pege » Mon, 30 Sep 2002 21:03:24

Yet Another Week No (problem)

Boring? Well, me and my setup survived a catastrophic motherboard
failure. With the minimum time given to the outage (just the time it took
for me to drive to town, get the replacement and*it in) I can
report that this week's experience has been a good one.

Couple that with the successful ending of a large project completed
entirely without the help (interference) of Windows, and I am one happy
bunny!

--
Ian

Here with a loaf of bread beneath the bough
A flask of wine, an onion, a book of verse -- and thou
Beside me singing in the wilderness
And wilderness is paradise enow.

YAWN

Post by Matt » Tue, 01 Oct 2002 06:26:36

spewed forth the following:

Quote:> Yet Another Week No (problem)

> Boring? Well, me and my setup survived a catastrophic motherboard
> failure. With the minimum time given to the outage (just the time it took
> for me to drive to town, get the replacement and*it in) I can
> report that this week's experience has been a good one.

How dare you!!  Come in here and tell us you got a new mobo, yet not
tell us which board you chose, and what goodies it has?  Details, give
us the details!

--
Matt

YAWN

Post by 2minutebrothe » Mon, 07 Oct 2002 17:04:19

> Yet Another Week No (problem)

> Boring? Well, me and my setup survived a catastrophic motherboard
> failure. With the minimum time given to the outage (just the time it took
> for me to drive to town, get the replacement and*it in) I can
> report that this week's experience has been a good one.

> Couple that with the successful ending of a large project completed
> entirely without the help (interference) of Windows, and I am one happy
> bunny!

> --
> Ian

> Here with a loaf of bread beneath the bough
> A flask of wine, an onion, a book of verse -- and thou
> Beside me singing in the wilderness
> And wilderness is paradise enow.

I wish I had a corporate policy that allowed linux workstations...

I would be right there with you.

1. *Yawn*

time getting the internet going in Slakware Linux (been on it all night
now..).

   I have a 3c509B (3com) network card which I have setup fine (PC Light
goes on, modprobe detected).  However, I can't seem to lease an IP address.
I setup rc.inet1 to boot with dhcpcd but I always get the error "NO
DHCPOFFER".
I tried dhcpcd -h mynetworklogin, same thing.  I also tried dhcpcd -r which
also got that error.

    When I check ifconfig eth0 it shows my IP address as 0.0.0.0 at first,
and then it goes to 127.0.0.1 after the "NO DHCPOFFER" error.  What am I
missing here?  Do I require some special dhcpcd binary perhaps?  I'm located
in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Thanks for the help and time,
Nix

2. roblems with host.deny

3. Yawn, yet another web survey.

4. Disable journaling on ext3

5. Linux is just another Unix (yawn)

6. old RS/6000 info wanted

7. Linux .. Yawn.

8. Help Me: 3Com ADSL HomeConnect PCI

9. Yawn.

10. Yawn!

11. Sleepy Computer! <Yawn>

12. SERIAL TROLL ALERT: Re: Yawn .. Linux.

13. Yet another SDET hang (73-mm3) ... yawn