Why Do All of You call them "Bill" and "Steve?"

Why Do All of You call them "Bill" and "Steve?"

Post by Dan » Mon, 01 Apr 2002 03:44:02

What, are all of you guys tight with Bill Gates and Steve Jobs?
Ridiculous.  I don't really expect anyone here to take me seriously,
as I'm running XP...... horror!  Honestly though, I like XP.  It has
reduced the necessary level of interaction to al little more than
watching TV.  I'm thinking of going back to 2000.  Easier file
management, I think.

Why Do All of You call them "Bill" and "Steve?"

Post by Roy Cull » Mon, 01 Apr 2002 04:07:04

Quote:> What, are all of you guys tight with Bill Gates and Steve Jobs?
> Ridiculous.  I don't really expect anyone here to take me seriously,
> as I'm running XP...... horror!  Honestly though, I like XP.  It has
> reduced the necessary level of interaction to al little more than
> watching TV.  I'm thinking of going back to 2000.  Easier file
> management,

Never in the history of cola was so little said in so many words
by such a small brain.

Quote:> I think.

You don't.

Post by Mark Ke » Mon, 01 Apr 2002 10:19:38

Quote:>What, are all of you guys tight with Bill Gates and Steve Jobs?
>Ridiculous.  I don't really expect anyone here to take me seriously,
>as I'm running XP...... horror!  Honestly though, I like XP.  It has
>reduced the necessary level of interaction to al little more than
>watching TV.  I'm thinking of going back to 2000.  Easier file
>management, I think.

Go away!  This is a linux advocacy group.  If you want to criticise
windows, try alt.destroy.microsoft

--
            |  Mark Kent   --   Take out the ham to mail me.  |
Ninety-Ninety Rule of Project Schedules:

Why Do All of You call them "Bill" and "Steve?"

Post by Mike » Mon, 01 Apr 2002 13:43:34

[Subject: Why Do All of You call them "Bill" and "Steve?"]

Quote:> What, are all of you guys tight with Bill Gates and Steve Jobs?
> Ridiculous.  I don't really expect anyone here to take me seriously,

So why post here? ;-)

But seriously, why not?  What would you have us refer to them as?

Mister William Gates the Third? (I think ...?)

Bill takes up a lot less space, and everyone knows who we're referring
to, so I don't see the problem.
--
Mike.

Post by Tsu Dho Nim » Mon, 01 Apr 2002 16:10:14

"Why Do All of You call them "Bill" and "Steve?""

I'm certainly NOT going to call that munchkin "Mr. Gates".

Quote:>What, are all of you guys tight with Bill Gates and Steve Jobs?

  It's Steve BALLMER, not Jobs.

Tsu Dho Nimh

--
"Y'know, I can *say* I'm Ming The Merciless, Emporer of Planet Mongo, but
unless I can produce a few legions of heavily-armed rocket ships, you're not

Post by Dan » Mon, 01 Apr 2002 17:36:36

> > What, are all of you guys tight with Bill Gates and Steve Jobs?
> > Ridiculous.  I don't really expect anyone here to take me seriously,
> > as I'm running XP...... horror!  Honestly though, I like XP.  It has
> > reduced the necessary level of interaction to al little more than
> > watching TV.  I'm thinking of going back to 2000.  Easier file
> > management,

> Never in the history of cola was so little said in so many words
> by such a small brain.

Buddy, when I want complete control I can boot up Mandrake.  But when
I want to casually surf the web without fear of compatibility with
multimedia or play some games, I use Windows.  Choose software, then
an OS to run it.

Quote:> > I think.

> You don't.

I think Mr. Culley has issues other than my supposed ignorance, all
very personal and deep rooted, so I will ignore this attack.

Post by Dan » Mon, 01 Apr 2002 17:37:17

> [Subject: Why Do All of You call them "Bill" and "Steve?"]
> > What, are all of you guys tight with Bill Gates and Steve Jobs?
> > Ridiculous.  I don't really expect anyone here to take me seriously,

> So why post here? ;-)

> But seriously, why not?  What would you have us refer to them as?

> Mister William Gates the Third? (I think ...?)

> Bill takes up a lot less space, and everyone knows who we're referring
> to, so I don't see the problem.

I'll buy that.

Post by Dan » Mon, 01 Apr 2002 17:38:13

> >What, are all of you guys tight with Bill Gates and Steve Jobs?
> >Ridiculous.  I don't really expect anyone here to take me seriously,
> >as I'm running XP...... horror!  Honestly though, I like XP.  It has
> >reduced the necessary level of interaction to al little more than
> >watching TV.  I'm thinking of going back to 2000.  Easier file
> >management, I think.

> Go away!  This is a linux advocacy group.  If you want to criticise
> windows, try alt.destroy.microsoft

I definitely wasn't trashing Windows, so that's enough of that.

Post by Roy Cull » Mon, 01 Apr 2002 17:50:23

>> > What, are all of you guys tight with Bill Gates and Steve Jobs?
>> > Ridiculous.  I don't really expect anyone here to take me seriously,
>> > as I'm running XP...... horror!  Honestly though, I like XP.  It has
>> > reduced the necessary level of interaction to al little more than
>> > watching TV.  I'm thinking of going back to 2000.  Easier file
>> > management,

>> Never in the history of cola was so little said in so many words
>> by such a small brain.

> Buddy, when I want complete control I can boot up Mandrake.  But when
> I want to casually surf the web without fear of compatibility with
> multimedia or play some games, I use Windows.  Choose software, then
> an OS to run it.

>> > I think.

>> You don't.

> I think

You don't. Must I repeat myself?

Post by Doug. » Mon, 01 Apr 2002 18:38:53

> What, are all of you guys tight with Bill Gates and Steve Jobs?
> Ridiculous.  I don't really expect anyone here to take me seriously,
> as I'm running XP...... horror!  Honestly though, I like XP.  It has
> reduced the necessary level of interaction to al little more than
> watching TV.  I'm thinking of going back to 2000.  Easier file
> management, I think.

Because I feel like it !! What you going to do about !?! Huh !!

Post by Peter K?hlman » Mon, 01 Apr 2002 21:09:39

> On Sun, 31 Mar 2002 08:19:38 +0000 (UTC),

>>>What, are all of you guys tight with Bill Gates and Steve Jobs?
>>>Ridiculous.  I don't really expect anyone here to take me seriously,
>>>as I'm running XP...... horror!  Honestly though, I like XP.  It has
>>>reduced the necessary level of interaction to al little more than
>>>watching TV.  I'm thinking of going back to 2000.  Easier file
>>>management, I think.

>>Go away!  This is a linux advocacy group.  If you want to criticise
>>windows, try alt.destroy.microsoft

> Then all of the COLA regulars would have to leave as well, all they do
> is criticise MS.

Wrong, a lot what they are doing is fending off such morons like you

Peter
--
I just found out that the brain is like a computer.
If that's true, then there really aren't any stupid people.

Post by GreyClou » Mon, 01 Apr 2002 22:44:11

> > >What, are all of you guys tight with Bill Gates and Steve Jobs?
> > >Ridiculous.  I don't really expect anyone here to take me seriously,
> > >as I'm running XP...... horror!  Honestly though, I like XP.  It has
> > >reduced the necessary level of interaction to al little more than
> > >watching TV.  I'm thinking of going back to 2000.  Easier file
> > >management, I think.

> > Go away!  This is a linux advocacy group.  If you want to criticise
> > windows, try alt.destroy.microsoft

> I definitely wasn't trashing Windows, so that's enough of that.

Obviously.  But what part of linux advocacy don't you
understand??

Post by TuxTra » Mon, 01 Apr 2002 23:54:58

> What, are all of you guys tight with Bill Gates and Steve Jobs?
> Ridiculous.  I don't really expect anyone here to take me seriously, as
> I'm running XP...... horror!  Honestly though, I like XP.  It has
> reduced the necessary level of interaction to al little more than
> watching TV.  I'm thinking of going back to 2000.  Easier file
> management, I think.

That's Steve, as in Steve Ballmer CEO of microsoft.

--
TuxTrax   (n.) An invincible, all terrain, Linux driven armored *
vehicle that can take as much fire as it gives ;-)

Yes, I am a Penguin cult high priest. Fin readings upon request.

Amateur Radio Operator KD6MSI
www.tuxtrax.com

Why Do All of You call them "Bill" and "Steve?"

Post by Alk » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 01:02:42

begin  Mike. quotation:

Quote:> Bill takes up a lot less space, and everyone knows who we're referring
> to, so I don't see the problem.

In the case of Bill, this is true. However, not so in the case of Steve.
Indeed, our friend Dan was thinking that we're speaking about Steve JOBS
rather than Steve BALLMER...

Al

Post by Bill Bake » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 02:17:23

> begin  Mike. quotation:

>> Bill takes up a lot less space, and everyone knows who we're referring
>> to, so I don't see the problem.

> In the case of Bill, this is true. However, not so in the case of Steve.
> Indeed, our friend Dan was thinking that we're speaking about Steve JOBS
> rather than Steve BALLMER...

> Al

One could also think we were talking about Steve Case.

--Bill