Vote for Linux Today!

Post by Kevin Brow » Thu, 10 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Today Jesse Berst of Ziff Davis asks which OS is most likely to take on
Windows.  The Mac fanatics are voting fast and furious.  If you believe that
Linux has a shot (very remote, but the only OS that I believe has a shot),
then vote for Linux (or your favorite OS) at:

http://www.zdnet.com/anchordesk/story/story_2523.html

Vote for Linux Today!

Post by Tom Hanl » Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:00:00

On Wed, 9 Sep 1998 08:00:04 -0700, "Kevin Brown"

>Today Jesse Berst of Ziff Davis asks which OS is most likely to take on
>Windows.  The Mac fanatics are voting fast and furious.  If you believe that
>Linux has a shot (very remote, but the only OS that I believe has a shot),
>then vote for Linux (or your favorite OS) at:

>http://www.zdnet.com/anchordesk/story/story_2523.html

I just voted and the poll shows thus far linux at 62% ( around 13000
votes) with mac 2nd at around 27%

Vote for Linux Today!

Post by Con-Tik » Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:00:00

 When I voted Linux was at 70% & Mac at 29%.
 What on Earth is happening?

--
    -------------
      -Con Tiki-
    -------------
    The Real Pacific History at:
  http:/www.geocities.com/athens/troy/4059/
    -------------
  -"The truth will overcome all who stand in its way"-
  -"And the same people once did say the world was flat"-
  -"The proof is out there"-
  -"Think differently"-
  -"Start the Revolution"-
    -------------
  If you are not working with Netscape Communicator-
  You are working far to hard.
  http://www.netscape.com/download/
    -------------

 "He who does not take unwanted
        knowledge,
 is either brain dead or brain normal".

    -------------
     Linux Rocks !

   http://www.linux.org
  http://www.linuxnow.com
    -------------
         ~O~

Vote for Linux Today!

Post by jed » Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> When I voted Linux was at 70% & Mac at 29%.
> What on Earth is happening?

        Well connected Linux users seem to already outnumber Mac
        users 2:1. This is not the only advocacy survey of this
        general variety where this ratio is appearing.

--
Hardly. Microsoft has brought the microcomputer OS to
the point where it is more bloated than even OSes from          |||

        In search of sane PPP docs? Try http://penguin.lvcm.com

Vote for Linux Today!

Post by Bojan Zdravkovi » Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I however, would urge people NOT to vote, since that way Microsoft will
know which OS to merge with an upcomming Windows release.

Call me paranoid,

Bojan Zdravkovic

> Today Jesse Berst of Ziff Davis asks which OS is most likely to take on
> Windows.  The Mac fanatics are voting fast and furious.  If you believe that
> Linux has a shot (very remote, but the only OS that I believe has a shot),
> then vote for Linux (or your favorite OS) at:

> http://www.zdnet.com/anchordesk/story/story_2523.html

Vote for Linux Today!

Post by David M. Co » Sat, 12 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Today Jesse Berst of Ziff Davis asks which OS is most likely to take on
>Windows.  The Mac fanatics are voting fast and furious.  If you believe that
>Linux has a shot (very remote,

Why is this now the question (Linux taking the desktop market from MS)?
Until we have GNU Strongarm, GNU Monopoly, GNU Anti-competitive Practices,
GNU Marketing Blitzkrieg, and other such fine products, it won't happen.

I'm also curious how these pundits define popular.  Would 5% of
the market do it?  10%?  Or does it have to be MS's 95%?

Dave Cook

Vote for Linux Today!

Post by Gregory Neil Basto » Thu, 17 Sep 1998 04:00:00

: Why is this now the question (Linux taking the desktop market from MS)?
: Until we have GNU Strongarm, GNU Monopoly, GNU Anti-competitive Practices,
: GNU Marketing Blitzkrieg, and other such fine products, it won't happen.

Linux already runs very nicely on the StrongARM, and I believe there is at
the very least a GPLed Monopoly clone.
Not sure about the "other such fine products", I think perhaps our
morality will be our downfall on the former, and our preference for
substance over style might prevent the latter.

-7~he 7~hought /|ssassin