Results of DUMPEL>EXE - 2 extra columns & ACCESS DENIED

Post by Kadaitcha Ma » Mon, 11 Nov 2002 16:29:18

> Folks:
> WHEN I check the Event Viewer on NT/2000 the following
> FIELDS of information are available: DATE, TIME, SOURCE,
> CATEGORY, EVENT, USER, COMPUTER, DESCRIPTION.
> First, I ran DUMPEL.EXE for APP, SYS, and SEC, and appended
> all to the same TXT or XLS file.  The dumps all ran
> successfully and I am glad. But I also seem to be getting 2
> EXTRA COLUMNS of information. In the first column the values
> of the data are either: 8,4,2,1.  In the second column, the
> values of data are either: 0, 1, 2, 3, 8.   Can anyone
> explain this phenomenon to me !

You need Ann. She's a member of MENSA. She'd be good at decoding binary
sequences.

Quote:> The second issue that I want to raise deals with the ACCESS DENIED
> error message I get whenever I try to apply DUMPEL (from within a DOS
> batch file) to a remote machine on my network.  The syntax of my
> command is as follows:
> DUMPEL  -s \\computer1 -l application   >> dumpfile.xls
> DUMPEL  -s \\computer1 -l system       >> dumpfile.xls
> DUMPEL  -s \\computer1 -l security      >> dumpfile.xls
> Appreciate any explanation of this situation.

DOS batch file debugging for *wits is done over in
comp.os.linux.advocacy. It's over there <--- --->

--
Kadaitcha Man
Moderator: alt.os.windows-xp

Results of DUMPEL>EXE - 2 extra columns & ACCESS DENIED

Post by Ann » Tue, 12 Nov 2002 00:36:23

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 01:29:18 +1100, Kadaitcha Man
<Isopropylbromochloromethylphenoxyl-Trifluoromethylpyrimidinylaminoethyl-Am sulfonylnitrophenylhydrazine-Carbothioamide.com>

>> Folks:

>> WHEN I check the Event Viewer on NT/2000 the following
>> FIELDS of information are available: DATE, TIME, SOURCE,
>> CATEGORY, EVENT, USER, COMPUTER, DESCRIPTION.

>> First, I ran DUMPEL.EXE for APP, SYS, and SEC, and appended
>> all to the same TXT or XLS file.  The dumps all ran
>> successfully and I am glad. But I also seem to be getting 2
>> EXTRA COLUMNS of information. In the first column the values
>> of the data are either: 8,4,2,1.  In the second column, the
>> values of data are either: 0, 1, 2, 3, 8.   Can anyone
>> explain this phenomenon to me !

>You need Ann. She's a member of MENSA. She'd be good at decoding binary
>sequences.

>> The second issue that I want to raise deals with the ACCESS DENIED
>> error message I get whenever I try to apply DUMPEL (from within a DOS
>> batch file) to a remote machine on my network.  The syntax of my
>> command is as follows:

>> DUMPEL  -s \\computer1 -l application   >> dumpfile.xls
>> DUMPEL  -s \\computer1 -l system       >> dumpfile.xls
>> DUMPEL  -s \\computer1 -l security      >> dumpfile.xls

>> Appreciate any explanation of this situation.

>DOS batch file debugging for *wits is done over in
>comp.os.linux.advocacy. It's over there <--- --->

There you are.......and I was all ready to assist and you sent them on
their way.......<phew>

Ann

1. 2>&1 |tee && 2>&1 >out

Hi Shell Gurus:

 I am all confused here. Consider the following two commands:

 $ cmd 2>&1 | tee logfile

 $ cmd 2>&1 > logfile

 In the first case both stderr and stdout go to the logfile but not in the
second case. Can someone explain me the reason. This is ksh 93. Is the
shell smart to look ahead of 2>&1 construct to see if the output is
actually going to a pipe??

 Thanks
 -Ajay

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 Ajay Matai   Email: matai<at>bigfoot<dot>com

2. CDROM Problem: Creative2x + Universal Linux CD

3. HELP: 2>&1 > /dev/null != 2>&- > /dev/null ???

4. Echo $? always return 0

5. setting 100-column & 132-column modes

6. Window Kshell Experiences

7. Q: nohup app.exe & -> email when done??

8. Spec 1170 ???

9. XTRadius -> MySQL: Access denied

10. Apache Access Permission Denied > Shared Memory Violation

11. Printing - Status -> Access denied, unable to connect

12. <Directory />, deny access

13. how to get extra columns in CDE/dtmail window?