Linux DELAYED & LINUX folks, ya gotta love'm!

Linux DELAYED & LINUX folks, ya gotta love'm!

Post by FoulDrag » Mon, 07 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>The responses to ZDNN typical anti-Linux headline "Key Linux version update
>delayed..." are perfect examples of the Linux folk not exactly "helping their
>cause".

All someone needs to say is this:

'We have a choice:  release at a given date with many bugs, or at a later one
with as many removed as possible.  We believe the latter goal is preferable,
especially considering there is already a stable kernel version available
[2.0.xx]'
--
Marada Coeurfuege Shra'drakaii Dra'torrinah(Clan Nightwings)
members.xoom.com/marada   Colony name not needed in address.

Linux DELAYED & LINUX folks, ya gotta love'm!

Post by OS2nLin » Mon, 07 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>All someone needs to say is this:

>'We have a choice:  release at a given date with many bugs, or at a later one
>with as many removed as possible.  We believe the latter goal is preferable,
>especially considering there is already a stable kernel version available
>[2.0.xx]'

Or:
"We will sell no wine before it's time."  :-)

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Post by Isaac-L » Tue, 08 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>The responses to ZDNN typical anti-Linux headline "Key Linux version update
>delayed..." are perfect examples of the Linux folk not exactly "helping their
>cause".

>I know they mean well, and I hope they do well, and it is certainly amusing to
>watch!

>Here are the funnier responses to that head-line (I assume there's a pack of
>Linux folk monitoring ZDNN's FUD, these posts come *fast*)

(snip)

Quote:

>And of course my absolute FAVORITE:

>"Also, 2.1.130 is not the latest development kernel, 2.1.131 is, and has been
>for several days now...."

Isn't that the one that Alan Cox said? :)

Quote:

>Keep up the good work guys, I'm rooting for you.

That last line can be taken so many different ways, especially Down
Under :P.

--
Isaac (Isaac-Lew on Dalnet and Undernet)
ise at hotmail dot com

1. Ya gotta'love Linux

Gee that's too bad James because linux is such a wonderful way to
compute.
Here's another great example of a Linux program that can be used to
convert your phono records to CD's.
It's a real beauty, plain and simple with no fluff because it's Linux!

http://panic.et.tudelft.nl/~costar/gramofile/img/ss_splash.gif

Why use bloated programs like:

http://www.motu.com/

linux is life.
linux is choice.
linux is my hero.
Come join us in embracing linux as our system.
BEAVER

2. Syslogd times for local logs are GMT?

3. Ya gotta' love Linux

4. Solaris 2.4

5. Ya, Ya, Yikes Linux, Oracle & DELL!!!!!

6. Convert Date to AM/PM and EST5EDT?

7. Hey Flatty, I've gotta pester ya again...

8. ipchains2iptables?

9. Just gotta love Linux.

10. Gotta Love Linux

11. PCCARD's, PS2 mouse, video - Gotta love em

12. Who luvs ya = MICROSOFT