Netscape accuses Microsoft!!!

Post by Fitz » Sat, 10 Aug 1996 04:00:00

URL http://www.sjmercury.com/business/netsc806.htm

you may want to know.

Post by drsor » Sat, 10 Aug 1996 04:00:00

: URL http://www.sjmercury.com/business/netsc806.htm

: you may want to know.

        Hmm.. I guess it would mean a lot more if their accusation held
any weight.. :)  Didn't Microsoft remove the 10 connections in 10 minutes
limit in NT Workstation 4.0?  (what this whole article is about).

M$-Win95 user: "Why is this running so slow today?"
I love it when a .plan comes together.

Post by Alan Daniel » Mon, 12 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> Hmm.. I guess it would mean a lot more if their accusation held
> any weight.. :)  Didn't Microsoft remove the 10 connections in 10
> minutes limit in NT Workstation 4.0?  (what this whole article is
> about).

I saw some news about the dispute on CNN, and if I understand it
correctly, here is the deal: While the 10-connection limit has been
removed from the software, it is still a part of the license agreement
for NT4 workstation.

  "The difference between theory and practice is a lot greater in
        practice than in theory." -- Peter Van Der Linden.
          (And while I'm at it, Death to the ThiefBot!)

1. Microsoft accused of changing users passport privacy settings!

Microsoft denies the charges but...

"But the company conceded that some services require that it share users'
e-mail addresses with other sites that participate in its Passport service.

Several MSN Hotmail users posted complaints on Internet message boards
Monday after discovering that their Web mail accounts had been configured to
share their e-mail addresses and other registration information with
third-party sites that use the Passport system.

"Hotmail does a Yahoo," wrote one participant on a message board operated by
broadband news and discussion site DSLReports.com, referring to an
announcement by Yahoo last month that it would begin making its members'
addresses available by default to e-mail marketers.  "

http://www.newsbytes.com/news/02/176571.html

2. shell scripts

3. Microsoft and Best Buy accused of Net scam

4. Problem accessing CDROM on Solaris 2.1

5. Burst.com accuses Microsoft of theft

6. Using Objective-C with gcc 3.2 on RH 8.0

7. Microsoft accused of spreading open source FUD

8. Any Free 2-level/hybrid/many-to-few Thread libraries?

9. Linux executive accuses Microsoft of withholding important technical data

10. Novell accuses SCO of extorting money from Linux community -- THEINQUIRER.net

11. Accused of break-in attempt

12. M$ accuses consumers of vandalism

13. Help, I've fallen and am accused of hacking!