Accounting, Database help

Post by cr.. » Mon, 17 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I'm trying to set up a small retail outlet using Linux.  I need a good
accounting program (AR, AP, PR, Returns, etc.) and database, preferably one
that I can link to my web site.  It would be nice to have Linux compliant
programs rather than DOS or Windoze versions running under an emulator.

The Linux Journal Buyers Guide lists a few accounting programs:

        AccountFlex
                (Infoflex)              - Complete but out of my price range.
        Accounting for Linux
                (Just Computers)        - Not finished and on the back burner.
        AcctOnit
                (Workgroup Solutions)   - Still in beta.

Are there others that didn't make it into the buyers guide?  Is anyone
else using Linux in retail? (I would assume someone is.)  Any recommendations
would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

craig

1. /etc/account (was: Re: locked my root account...help !)

: : [...]
: : This also shows why you can't lock someone's account just by changing their
: : shell to /bin/false or just a NULL field
Maybe this is a stupid question, but I do not understand this:
If the user cannot log in because he has an invalid shell, he
is unable to change that.
I followed the thread but I wonder what does the statement 'this shows'
actually mean?

Sincerely
 Friedemann Buergel

2. from winamp.com

3. Help: Account is disabled -- see Account Administrator

4. C2 on Solaris?

5. Accounting, Database info needed

6. Repost: Compiling emacs for Solaris 2

7. Account Database Problems ?

8. Simple C++ Question

9. How to select specific mail accounts to receive postings with bulletin database (solaris - sendmail)

10. Accounting, Invitory, and Database for large firm

11. Account database corrupted ???????

12. Locked accounts databases on Dunix4.0D

13. Running BSD 4.35, need account database