Legal technicality puts Linux programmers at risk

Legal technicality puts Linux programmers at risk

Post by S » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

my my my my

BUY MSFT GOODS & SERVICES

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/991111/22/azui.html

--

Post by Rick » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> my my my my

> BUY MSFT GOODS & SERVICES

> http://uk.news.yahoo.com/991111/22/azui.html

> --

"British Linux developer Alan Cox pointed out that the situation could
be a legal nightmare for a whole range of Web based
applications. "Every Java applet downloaded from the web does not come
with a license you must click through first for
example. Nor does every piece of HTML or JavaScript. If you follow the
claims made to their logical conclusion they
become ridiculous. Not even Windows forces you to agree to a license for
each component of the system as you install it."

Whats our point S?

--
To reply remove NOSPAM from my email address.

1. Microsoft flaw puts servers at risk

http://news.com.com/2100-1001-981745.html?tag=fd_top

 "Microsoft warned system administrators on Wednesday that a new flaw in
 its Windows 2000 and NT domain controllers could leave their networks
 open to attack."

I thought "open to attack" was a given with M$ software. :) Great more job
security and late nights patching and rebooting servers. I can see it now
patch, reboot, patch, reboot, CrAsH, reload from tape! :)

2. My first "Unix" was Xenix

3. SirCam worm puts secrets at risk

4. Solaris 2.4 x86 FCS Expected SCSI support?

5. LEGAL or NOT LEGAL ?

6. QUESTION: 2.5 adds 1 to systats even for non I/O operations

7. automake conditional compilation technicality

8. How to install a RAID Manager 6.2 on a Sun StorEdge A1000

9. JOB EMPLOYMENT for Game Programmer, Utility Programmer for Nintendo 64 and Sony Playstation

10. in ftp, put put *`date '+%Y%m%d'` doesn't work

11. Letters that SCO has put out can be safely put in the wastebasket!!!

12. Nixon, put the Nix on the REVOLUTION, raygun, Reagan, wanted to put ray sky