Some linux screenshots ...

Post by Darre » Mon, 18 Feb 2002 07:17:56

In the interest of showing that Austin Rogers and Flatfish are just FOS ..

and because I thought these screens looked really nice - even if they
aren't my screenshots ..

I thought that Linvocates everywhere might like them:
http://images.mandrakesoft.com/img/scr/christmas1.jpg
http://images.mandrakesoft.com/img/scr/81snap18nov.png

here it is on a dual-headed video (a Matrox G400 videocard) with some of
that multimedia stuff that Flatty and OuijiBell are always whining about:
http://images.mandrakesoft.com/img/scr/vitamindual1.jpg

Streaming video and such:
http://images.mandrakesoft.com/img/scr/vitamin2.jpg

And here's an older screenshot that doesn't look to far off from my own
home PC (which of these fonts looks unreadable, OijiBell?):
http://images.mandrakesoft.com/img/scr/traktopel14.jpg

Some linux screenshots ...

Post by Kim » Mon, 18 Feb 2002 09:01:51

> In the interest of showing that Austin Rogers and Flatfish are just FOS ..

> and because I thought these screens looked really nice - even if they
> aren't my screenshots ..

> I thought that Linvocates everywhere might like them:
> http://images.mandrakesoft.com/img/scr/christmas1.jpg
> http://images.mandrakesoft.com/img/scr/81snap18nov.png

> here it is on a dual-headed video (a Matrox G400 videocard) with some of
> that multimedia stuff that Flatty and OuijiBell are always whining about:
> http://images.mandrakesoft.com/img/scr/vitamindual1.jpg

> Streaming video and such:
> http://images.mandrakesoft.com/img/scr/vitamin2.jpg

> And here's an older screenshot that doesn't look to far off from my own
> home PC (which of these fonts looks unreadable, OijiBell?):
> http://images.mandrakesoft.com/img/scr/traktopel14.jpg

Nice shots Darren :)
No matter how much I twiddle and tweak my own system into what I want, it
always amazes me how many variants and different ideas are reflected in
just peeking at someone else's desk top. It's hard to believe they are all
the same operating system.

Peace;

Kim

Some linux screenshots ...

Post by rapska » Mon, 18 Feb 2002 09:08:08

Error Log for Sun, 17 Feb 2002 00:17:56 -0500: segfault in module "Darren"
- dump details are as follows...

Quote:> In the interest of showing that Austin Rogers and Flatfish are just FOS
> ..

> and because I thought these screens looked really nice - even if they
> aren't my screenshots ..

> I thought that Linvocates everywhere might like them:
> http://images.mandrakesoft.com/img/scr/christmas1.jpg
> http://images.mandrakesoft.com/img/scr/81snap18nov.png

> here it is on a dual-headed video (a Matrox G400 videocard) with some of
> that multimedia stuff that Flatty and OuijiBell are always whining
> about: http://images.mandrakesoft.com/img/scr/vitamindual1.jpg

> Streaming video and such:
> http://images.mandrakesoft.com/img/scr/vitamin2.jpg

> And here's an older screenshot that doesn't look to far off from my own
> home PC (which of these fonts looks unreadable, OijiBell?):
> http://images.mandrakesoft.com/img/scr/traktopel14.jpg

Damn!  You must be running a smoker!

--
rapskat  -  2:00am  up 3 days, 15:59,  5 users,  load average: 0.11, 0.22, 0.15

You Know You Need To Upgrade When...
Your 3.5" floppy is sitting in your pants.

Some linux screenshots ...

Post by Terry Port » Tue, 19 Feb 2002 03:52:19

Kim is inventive and wrote the following
 in smoke upside down, and at 500 feet with an old crop duster:

Quote:>Nice shots Darren :)
>No matter how much I twiddle and tweak my own system into what I want, it
>always amazes me how many variants and different ideas are reflected in
>just peeking at someone else's desk top. It's hard to believe they are all
>the same operating system.

So true Kim, Linux desktops have an enormous variation, and
*all* tastes are catered for. I know that after four years of running Linux
on my desktop, sitting at a Windows box, actually makes me feel ill.

I embrace choice, I loathe no choice.

--
Kind Regards from Terry
My Desktop is powered by GNU/Linux. Debian 2.2 kernel 2.2.20