The Evil Empires toadies don't even understand their scripts

Post by Cat » Mon, 22 Apr 2002 13:47:18

The Evil Empires toadies don't even understand their scripts

Post by Mike » Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:12:03

Quote:> How do you like this gem
> Under questioning, Frei admitted that Microsoft general counsel Bill
> Neukom had provided instructions on what to testify about. Frei also
> said he had to ask Neukom what the word "balkanization" meant.

That's a pretty nice one.  Courts don't seem to be all that healthy for
Microsoft, do they?

I also liked the opening two paragraphs:

+ An Autodesk executive testifying for Microsoft conceded on Thursday
+ that he had complained to Microsoft last year about a decision to drop
+ rival Java software from its new Windows XP operating system.

+ Autodesk Chief Technology Officer Scott Borduin's admission undercut
+ his written testimony criticizing antitrust sanctions sought by nine
+ states against Microsoft for risking the "stable, predictable" platform
+ offered by Windows.
--
Mike.

The Evil Empires toadies don't even understand their scripts

Post by amonr » Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:08:23

Off topic for this thread I know but usually you let everyone know where to
find your public key by adding a header "x-gpg-keyid: YourKEYID
<http://www.Placewheretogetyourpublickey.com>"

Oh and to tell you the truth the system doesn't work at all unless you use a
real e-mail address....

- --
To prevent wintrolls from taking your ident....use PGP or GPG
download a friendly front-end to one here->
http://www.gnupg.org/frontends.html
Just generate a public private key -> "gpg --gen-key" (have to run it twice
on first time)
Answer the questions. Then export your public key to a server or file
"gpg --export -a "<your UID here>" > pub.key"
Then send that pub key to a server so everyone can see and get it
http://www.keyserver.net/en/

No more wintrolls taking your name!!!!

Post by Matthew Gardine » Tue, 23 Apr 2002 02:30:50

> > How do you like this gem

> > Under questioning, Frei admitted that Microsoft general counsel Bill
> > Neukom had provided instructions on what to testify about. Frei also
> > said he had to ask Neukom what the word "balkanization" meant.

> That's a pretty nice one.  Courts don't seem to be all that healthy for
> Microsoft, do they?

> I also liked the opening two paragraphs:

> + An Autodesk executive testifying for Microsoft conceded on Thursday
> + that he had complained to Microsoft last year about a decision to drop
> + rival Java software from its new Windows XP operating system.

> + Autodesk Chief Technology Officer Scott Borduin's admission undercut
> + his written testimony criticizing antitrust sanctions sought by nine
> + states against Microsoft for risking the "stable, predictable" platform
> + offered by Windows.
> --
> Mike.

Stable and pridictable are an oxymoron when used in the same sentence as
Windows. Now! if one were to say, Solaris or OpenVMS provides a "stable,
predictable platform", then it would be true.

Matthew Gardiner

The Evil Empires toadies don't even understand their scripts

Post by Terry Por.. » Tue, 23 Apr 2002 06:11:41

amonre threw some tea leaves on the floor and this is what they

Quote:> Off topic for this thread I know but usually
>you let everyone know where to find your public
>key by adding a header "x-gpg-keyid: YourKEYID
><http://www.Placewheretogetyourpublickey.com>"

> Oh and to tell you the truth the system doesn't work at all
> unless you use a real e-mail address....

> - -- To prevent wintrolls from taking your ident....use
> PGP or GPG download a friendly front-end to one here->
> http://www.gnupg.org/frontends.html Just generate a public
> private key -> "gpg --gen-key" (have to run it twice on first
> time) Answer the questions. Then export your public key to a
> server or file "gpg --export -a "<your UID here>" > pub.key"
> Then send that pub key to a server so everyone can see and get
> it http://www.keyserver.net/en/

You are *definetly* the resident Cola PGP guru Amonre :)
--
              Kind Regards from Terry
My Desktop is powered by GNU/LinuX, Sorcerer kernel 2.4.17

1. don't understand script with ":"

Hello !

In /etc/hotplug (linux), I 'm looking at usb.agent script.

I don't understand ":" in line:
: checkmatch $module
: idVendor $idVendor $usb_idVendor
: idProduct $idProduct $usb_idProduct

Here an extract of the script:
: checkmatch $module

: idVendor $idVendor $usb_idVendor
if [ $USB_MATCH_VENDOR -eq $(( $match_flags & $USB_MATCH_VENDOR )) ] &&
   [ $idVendor -ne $usb_idVendor ]; then
    continue
fi

: idProduct $idProduct $usb_idProduct
if [ $USB_MATCH_PRODUCT -eq $(( $match_flags & $USB_MATCH_PRODUCT )) ] &&
   [ $idProduct -ne $usb_idProduct ]; then
    continue
fi

Can you help me to understand those instruction

Thanks

Franck

2. problem with nfs

3. 'make' fails, and I don't understand the error msg

4. SMP question

5. I don't understand the '\'

6. how to detect workspace switch?

7. I don't understand why this code isn't working

8. I lose my data

9. Is Sun the new evil empire?

10. The Evil Empires "Military grade servers" ROFL

11. PPP to Win NT RAS, I don't understand what's going on... help !

12. The evil empire astroturfing in cola

13. The Evil Empire "PRO COMPETITION"!!!!!?????