Give credit where credit is due.

Post by teknit.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Been screwing around with Google.com for the last 1/2 hour or so.

Am I correct in assuming this site runs on Linux?

It is an extremely, and I mean extremely fast site. Might just be that
it has not been discovered yet, but searches are lightning quick and
pretty accurate.
Good job to whomever is running it.

tek

Post by Matt Templeto » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Been screwing around with Google.com for the last 1/2 hour or so.

> Am I correct in assuming this site runs on Linux?

> It is an extremely, and I mean extremely fast site. Might just be that
> it has not been discovered yet, but searches are lightning quick and
> pretty accurate.
> Good job to whomever is running it.

> tek

Yes, It is running on linux. The web server reports it's self as GWS/1.2
probably Google Web Server v.1.2. My guess is they have modified  an OSS
web server and are calling it something their own name.

1. GNU Taking Credit Where No Credit Is Due

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2783280,00.html

--

I see the GNU jerks are at it again. First they
demand that people use GNU-Linux when refering

I can't wait for the demands for GNU-FreeBSD.

2. Where is the XPmac's configure file

3. Linux Magazines.. Giving credit where it is due.

4. FAQ locations? (sorry)

5. I will give MS credit for one thing

6. Help w/ rlogin & rsh

7. You gotta give Steve credit

8. php/apache installation - compile error

9. What is correct way to modify GPL header to give me credit?

10. Print Credit Network Printing

11. CREDITS update

12. got a xircom pcmcia credit kard eth100