DeCSS Litigation Update

Post by petezipp » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello all. The hearing for a preliminary injunction against sites that
link to the DeCSS download has been adjourned from January 14, 2000 to
January 18, 2000.  We have posted information regarding this
adjournment along with copies of all of the relevant litigation
documents filed by the DVD industry along with court papers filed for
the defendants.  Because this litigation is critical to Linux users and
Open Source proponents, we would like to have your comments on the
court documents, including comments on any inaccurate information, so
that we may be fully prepared for the court hearing on January 18,
2000.  Accordingly, we have a discussion forum that is now open on our
site and we would appreciate if after you review the court documents
that you would post on the forum any comments that you have that may
assist in the hearing.

If you are unfamiliar with the litigation regarding DeCSS simply go to
our articles pages or our links pages which will provide you with all
the information that you will need to get up to speed on this extremely
important matter.  We have recently posted a new set of articles on
this topic so even those that are familiar with this matter may want to
update themselves on the status.

Thank you.

Peter Katz

--
The Ultimate DeCSS Resource Site
http://www.pzcommunications.com/decss/main.htm

1. DeCSS Litigation Update

Hi. The hearing for a preliminary injunction against sites that link to
[...]

2. ppp-2.2

3. =- Free listing of hookers in your local area! =-

4. DeCSS Update

5. 32-bit sysinfo on 64-bit platforms

6. Tape Backup... suggestions??

7. Proper use of litigation

8. are the following decs running under linux?

9. Solaris compatible mail reader on DECS

10. DVD player and DeCSS