My New Operating System

Post by rapska » Sun, 11 Aug 2002 11:07:08

Error Log for Thu, 08 Aug 2002 00:30:13 -0400: segfault in module "Allan
Dooley" - dump details are as follows...

Quote:> So in the end I finally got a modern operating system that I ENJOY using.
> I love tinkering around with it and it meets or exceeds everything I need
> a computer to do. My final goal is to roll my own Linux OS. Customized for
> what I want it to do.. that of course is way off in the future after I
> sniff out all the corners of my new operating system.

Kismet.  LGX is great for everyone from granny to the inquisitive
power-user. It encourages and facilitates learning more and more about your
system and ways to be more productive.

Congratulations on an excellent choice.  As a relative newbie myself, the
only advice I can give is make sure you invest in a couple of good reference
books so you can start to take full advantage of the power and capabilities
of this awesome platform.

Welcome to COLA! :-)

--
rapskat -   5:00am  up 47 min,  0 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.15, 0.14
CPU states:  9.8% user,  2.2% system,  0.0% nice, 87.9% idle

The Phone Booth Rule:
        A lone dime always gets the number nearly right.

My New Operating System

Post by Jim Richardso » Sun, 11 Aug 2002 15:12:42

--
Jim Richardson
        Anarchist, pagan and proud of it

My New Operating System

Post by GreyClou » Sun, 11 Aug 2002 21:28:31

> the jackpot when thou spate:

> >Error Log for Thu, 08 Aug 2002 00:30:13 -0400: segfault in module "Allan
> >Dooley" - dump details are as follows...

> >> So in the end I finally got a modern operating system that I ENJOY using.
> >> I love tinkering around with it and it meets or exceeds everything I need
> >> a computer to do. My final goal is to roll my own Linux OS. Customized for
> >> what I want it to do.. that of course is way off in the future after I
> >> sniff out all the corners of my new operating system.

> >Kismet.  LGX is great for everyone from granny to the inquisitive
> >power-user. It encourages and facilitates learning more and more about your
> >system and ways to be more productive.

> >Congratulations on an excellent choice.  As a relative newbie myself, the
> >only advice I can give is make sure you invest in a couple of good reference
> >books so you can start to take full advantage of the power and capabilities
> >of this awesome platform.

> >Welcome to COLA! :-)

> I sincerely congratulate you on an excellent advocacy post, but I'm
> still unable to fathom why anyone's "granny" would want to spend the
> time--or even care--about "learning more and more about your system
> and ways to be more productive."

> I really have to believe that "granny" has better things to do with
> her life than tweak a computer.

> For the love of Mike ...  do all you guys have an OCD induced reality?

BTW, where in the hell is the newsreader program in XP
anyway??  My friend would like to get to the newsgroups, but
can't find it.  So much for intuitiveness of XP.

My New Operating System

Post by GeneralP » Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:10:15

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002 12:28:31 -0700, GreyCloud assert()ed:

>> the jackpot when thou spate:

>> >Error Log for Thu, 08 Aug 2002 00:30:13 -0400: segfault in module "Allan
>> >Dooley" - dump details are as follows...

>> >Kismet.  LGX is great for everyone from granny to the inquisitive
>> >power-user. It encourages and facilitates learning more and more about your
>> >system and ways to be more productive.

>> >Congratulations on an excellent choice.  As a relative newbie myself, the
>> >only advice I can give is make sure you invest in a couple of good reference
>> >books so you can start to take full advantage of the power and capabilities
>> >of this awesome platform.

>> >Welcome to COLA! :-)

>> I sincerely congratulate you on an excellent advocacy post, but I'm
>> still unable to fathom why anyone's "granny" would want to spend the
>> time--or even care--about "learning more and more about your system
>> and ways to be more productive."

>> I really have to believe that "granny" has better things to do with
>> her life than tweak a computer.

>> For the love of Mike ...  do all you guys have an OCD induced reality?

> BTW, where in the hell is the newsreader program in XP
> anyway??  My friend would like to get to the newsgroups, but
> can't find it.  So much for intuitiveness of XP.

Outhouse Express.

--
Man: Stu! You should buy that!
Stu: Hey: Disco Stu doesn't advertise.

My New Operating System

Post by GreyClou » Tue, 13 Aug 2002 20:33:43

> On Sat, 10 Aug 2002 12:28:31 -0700, GreyCloud assert()ed:

> >> the jackpot when thou spate:

> >> I sincerely congratulate you on an excellent advocacy post, but I'm
> >> still unable to fathom why anyone's "granny" would want to spend the
> >> time--or even care--about "learning more and more about your system
> >> and ways to be more productive."

> >> I really have to believe that "granny" has better things to do with
> >> her life than tweak a computer.

> >> For the love of Mike ...  do all you guys have an OCD induced reality?

> > BTW, where in the hell is the newsreader program in XP
> > anyway??  My friend would like to get to the newsgroups, but
> > can't find it.  So much for intuitiveness of XP.

> Outhouse Express.

It wasn't there.

My New Operating System

Post by Seymour » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 07:30:27

Quote:>OCD?

Psychobabble. He thinks that he is a shrink and qualified to diagnose
your condition, which exists only in his head. Perhaps he wrote OCD
because he was thinking of his own condition.

     Atid/2, Team OS/2, Team PL/I

Any unsolicited commercial junk E-mail will be subject to legal
action.  I reserve the right to publicly post or ridicule any
abusive E-mail.

I mangled my E-mail address to foil automated spammers; reply to
domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact me.  Do not

My New Operating System

Post by Seymour » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 07:35:30

Quote:>I sincerely congratulate you on an excellent advocacy post, but I'm
>still unable to fathom why anyone's "granny" would want to spend the
>time--or even care--about "learning more and more about your system
>and ways to be more productive."

Well, to start out with, rapskat didn't say that Granny would or
should want to. But if she does want to, what's it to you?

Quote:>I really have to believe that "granny" has better things to do with
>her life than tweak a computer.

Really? I really have to believe that only Granny has the right to
make that decision for her. If she enjoys it then who are you to tell
her not to?

Quote:>For the love of Mike ...  do all you guys have an OCD induced
>reality?

ROTF,LMAO! If you're going to use psychobabble, at least use it
correctly.

     Atid/2, Team OS/2, Team PL/I

Any unsolicited commercial junk E-mail will be subject to legal
action.  I reserve the right to publicly post or ridicule any
abusive E-mail.

I mangled my E-mail address to foil automated spammers; reply to
domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact me.  Do not

1. New operating system

Hi all, please do not reply to this post, and no comments please, I just
want to know your suggestions and what are you hating and like about
existing OS ?

Please discuss and write your suggestions at my forum:
http://www.tiamatstudios.net/forum/

thank you :)

2. Query

3. New Operating System

4. modules.conf and fstab ignored in RedHat 6.2

5. Oh dear ... New Operating Systems ...

6. rpc.lockd startup failure

7. OS/9000 -- Is IBM planning a new Operating System?

8. Mac hardware

9. New Operating System

10. New operating system

11. Real operating systems, toy operating systems

12. **** New Computer and Operating system news and opinion site on the www ****