mono ?

Post by john bai » Thu, 24 Apr 2003 19:50:42

anybody here use mono?

http://www.go-mono.org/

i was really reluctant to jump into .net development because linux is
going to replace windows, but mono ( from website/screenshots) looks
really promising and i can port all my c# knowledge to gnome
development.

1. XF86 Mono + Hercules Mono card ?

Hi All,

I have a 486DX/2-66 with a Hercules mono card running
Linux (kernel 2.0.30).  According to the packaging
(S.u.s.e. 5.0) it appears to support the card but
when I try to 'startx' it chucks out all the monitor
definitions and then aborts because it can't find
one that fits !.  XF86config has configured X to use
XF86mono.  XF86setup doesn't work because it wants
to use the 16 colour VGA X server.

Can anyone confirm or deny that this works and if it
does what the appropriate entries are.

The reason I'm asking is that some packages won't
install without X and I thought if it is supported
then you might as well see if it works.

Before anyone says that monitors are 10 a penny, they
are not here in Germany (they want $200 for a 14"
monitor!).  I have a Miro 20SD 2MB video card (S3 868)
but no monitor and am trying to use what hardware I have.

Jeremy
--
Jeremy Brown, Dr. Materna GmbH, Dortmund, Germany
When replying by email change the $'s to .'s

2. benchmarks

3. Setting up for Hercules Mono Card

4. Network problems

5. 2.2-GAMMA won't work with VGA/EGA card in mono mode

6. Menu instead of Shell

7. Need to restore "normal" mono vga settings

8. Installing 3.3Release on an Alpha

9. Mono / dotGNU - licensing?

10. mono and vga (dualmon)

11. Herc mono graphics card & SVGAmonitor and X_SVGA

12. Mono under FreeBSD

13. Porting mono